Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alnitech first time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alnitech first time

edited May 2015 in General

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v3 @ 3.30GHz
Number of cores : 8

CPU frequency : 1199.988 MHz

Total amount of ram : 15848 MB

Total amount of swap : MB

System uptime : 8:13,

Download speed from CacheFly: 11.1MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 3.50MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 11.0MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.97MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.83MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.7MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.90MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 6.28MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 6.02MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 11.1MB/s

I/O speed : 233 MB/s

Performance from my First Server with them. Both WD BLACK 1TB drives have 12500 hours on them but with 5Year warranties the Blacks are decent drives still.

The unit uses a dedicated 100Mbps line to the outside world. Not the best peering but under 100ms ping to west coast and about 100ms to france from the server.

So far speed is good and I haven't had much time to get it running. I put a ticket in for raid 0 instead of raid 1(nothing mission critical or something I can't reload from offsite backups) It was marked low priority and it took a good few hours to get it.

I ordered the server at approx 2pm and from beginning to getting the server credentials was at 1:19AM it was less than 12 hours.

Also between 1:19Am and 11:30Am there has been 2000 failed login attempts. lol Just changed the port and assigned some IP blocking if you just sniff or look at port 22 wrong. So hope that cuts things down.

Well Ill see if there is anything to update as I set it up through the day.

Comments