Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a dedicated server for GAME SERVER [under price range] from [24-30] USD - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a dedicated server for GAME SERVER [under price range] from [24-30] USD

Comments

• georgegeorge Member
    edited May 2015

@alhadi said:
    i am targeting middle east users in DUBAI so the pings should be less them 100 ms if possible :)

Frankfurt it is then.

DO recently opened up their new location in Frankfurt co-located with Interxion, "directly" connected to DE-CIX if I'm not mistaken, but I have no idea how well their servers perform under the load of specific game server(s).

Thanked by 1emiratesgaming
  • MrXMrX Member

alhadi said: http://www.super-ping.com/?ping=shj.servegame.org&locale=en

here is my ping information. seems like Europe is better? what are your suggestion?

Going by that site, it looks like Switzerland might offer the best routes. Dedicated servers in Switzerland are usually very pricey, but you can find reasonably priced VPS.

I know very little about game server hosting and whether it's feasible on a VPS, but if it is, take a look at Edis (uses Nine.ch data center), Nine.ch directly, Green.ch, and Datasource.ch. That ping test site uses AlpineDC.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@george said:
    DO recently opened up their new location in Frankfurt co-located with Interxion, "directly" connected to DE-CIX if I'm not mistaken, but I have no idea how well their servers perform under the load of specific game server(s).

Avoid DECIX for Etisalat - Their port is highly overused. DU works fine.

• DU? you mean DO?

• EdgeWebEdgeWeb Member

CS 1.6 came out in 1999, are you sure you need such high specs? As already said I think a Vultr instance would be a better option.

• i do have vultr yes okay.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

alhadi said: ya true i can't but middle east network is not good for gaming. always lagging .

saudi arabia has good connectivity. as does the israeli regime

• @TarZZ92 said:

please name me provider it would be helpful

• WilliamWilliam Member

@alhadi said:
    DU? you mean DO?

No, i mean DU.at - One of the 2 national ISPs in the UAE (the other one being etisalat.eu)

• WilliamWilliam Member

*DU.ae

• WilliamWilliam Member

*Etisalat.ae

Not sure why i wrote EU, and stupid LET again won't let me edit posts...

• well issue is i live in sharjah and i can only use etisalat :(

everyone praises etisalat . DU is worst ISP here lol thats what people say. no offence :P

• WilliamWilliam Member

Probably is even true, DU international BW is likely just less used due to less customers - Both have (as of 2013) only 10GE at DECIX.

• edited May 2015

ya . well i found a provider giving me vps for like 18 usd a month. its a Saudi arabia

http://www.nashirnet.net/services/vps/

Pinging 46.151.208.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 46.151.208.1: bytes=32 time=77ms TTL=248

Reply from 46.151.208.1: bytes=32 time=65ms TTL=248

Reply from 46.151.208.1: bytes=32 time=66ms TTL=248

• @alhadi said:
    ya . well i found a provider giving me vps for like 18 usd a month. its a Saudi arabia

http://www.nashirnet.net/services/vps/

Pinging 46.151.208.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 46.151.208.1: bytes=32 time=77ms TTL=248

Reply from 46.151.208.1: bytes=32 time=66ms TTL=248

If you only want 1 CS1.6 game server, you could probably get away with it on the 512MB plan

• i see on your signature that you say that your fav game server provider is vultr yes its good but pings are 112-20 so still distance is concern for me. i wish i was near :)

• WilliamWilliam Member

@alhadi said:

Nashirnet (or rather their upstream) will get very mad at the first signs of DDoS...

• hmm so bad idea ? do you have a provider in mind that can give me latency below 100 ms ?

• Hello!
    This is your request? :) #101608 - GAME SERVER
    Try
    Test IP: 46.19.143.157
    Test IP: 93.95.100.190

• edited May 2015

46.19.143.157 123 ms avg and 93.95.100.190163 163 ms avg

• How about these guys?

http://www.citynethost.com/cloud/#deploy

DCs in Turkey and Egypt. You could ask them for a test IP

• mintmint Member

@hostnoob said:
    How about these guys?

http://www.citynethost.com/cloud/#deploy

DCs in Turkey and Egypt. You could ask them for a test IP

You should go to here to order Egypt VPS: http://www.citynethost.com/linux-vps/

• You should try an Indian DC(Hostdime, CtrlS, etc). We get 45ms to UAE.

Also try to get valve's dubai's csgo server IP, and get a VPS from their DC.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2015

Ping from my India home connection is around 55-60ms.

You could look for a provider in India which allows game servers. Datacenter connection should give even better latency.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2015

You should also think about DDOS protection, it can happen.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@leapswitch said:
    Ping from my India home connection is around 55-60ms.

You could look for a provider in India which allows game servers. Datacenter connection should give even better latency.

I checked from our Pune DC and latency is 45ms. Unfortunately, we don't allow gameservers.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2015

redalertrox said: Also try to get valve's dubai's csgo server IP, and get a VPS from their DC.

Valve runs their own network in UAE (multihomed Etisalat and DU with addition of DECIX UAE), you can't buy servers/vps in the same DC/Network.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@finch3 said:
    How about USA? Would you be willing to have there?

Do you know by any chance where the UAE are in the world?

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • @Nyr said:
    Do you know by any chance where the UAE are in the world?

The WHOIS of his domain does state that hIs company is based in Dubai, UAE so yes he does know and TBH it appears to me that he was just trying to help someone from his country but he should try to understand that such high pings would not be acceptable for a game server.