Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3-1230 @ $27.95/mo - Quadix<br>8 GB ECC RAM | 1TB Disk | 1 Gbps Port | 3 x IPv4 | Dedicated IPMI - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E3-1230 @ $27.95/mo - Quadix<br>8 GB ECC RAM | 1TB Disk | 1 Gbps Port | 3 x IPv4 | Dedicated IPMI

Comments

• @MarkTurner said: I never said that ;)

Didn't need to <.<

Kind of wish Delim had more bandwidth though XD id be using it for Plex mostly since my france server has a bad node that drops 40% of packets preventing a decent stream. lol

would have bought the quadix one if it was still up just for the BW though decent price to since I don't need new HDD's

• cmsjr123 said: Kind of wish Delim had more bandwidth though

You can always buy more bandwidth, buy a larger system or find a system with unmetered bandwidth. Delimiter offers a variety of different options.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

IThinkUFailed said: That's hardly much detail though... I'd like evidence supporting it before I would take a stronger stance on that info tbh.

There was more posted on WHT in the past. I'm sure if you spend some time searching you'll find it.

• @MarkTurner said:

none of it is mission critical stuff so basically value for now lol. And I will wait till i can test the server from delim once it goes live. I'm actually testing networks for now. I'd like to stay under 30$usd a month anyways. Some places will provide 10-30TB a month for that price in the US. but Like I said. I'm in the spending money to find a decent network and environment for me before I pick support isn't really needed as its just for PLEX etc but if i find I good deal regardless of price i could just consolidate my 4 into 1:P.

• earlearl Member

I find it quite funny how every thread has to be turned into an advertisement for Delimiter..

LET should really be called LowendDeli.com..

• Actually, given our pricing with ColoCrossing, the special we ran happened to be pretty profitable. Plus, we have staff for our other brands, which helps offset the fact that we're kind of small in the VPS world. However, Volume Drive doesn't market the same kind of promises that we do. They don't guarantee you support and they usually provide relatively little support. You believe that because you're paying them, they should respond to you quickly. They don't. And I agree. You're paying them very little, so you get very little. Simple. That's what they advertise, that's what you get.

• @Steven_F said:
    Actually, given our pricing with ColoCrossing, the special we ran happened to be pretty profitable. Plus, we have staff for our other brands, which helps offset the fact that we're kind of small in the VPS world. However, Volume Drive doesn't market the same kind of promises that we do. They don't guarantee you support and they usually provide relatively little support. You believe that because you're paying them, they should respond to you quickly. They don't. And I agree. You're paying them very little, so you get very little. Simple. That's what they advertise, that's what you get.

I'm not asking for a lot. I'm simply asking for a functioning service so if you feel that is a lot to ask for then I really don't know what to say...

• earl said: I find it quite funny how every thread has to be turned into an advertisement for Delimiter..

This time its not my fault, I was just endorsing OVH.

• earlearl Member

@Steven_F said:
    You're paying them very little, so you get very little. Simple.

So what you're basically saying is that you charge an arm and a leg for your services since you're promising guaranteed support..

• @earl said:

An arm and a leg? We're like $13 more expensive for an E3 with 16GB of RAM. If that's an arm and a leg... Of course, we only stocked about 20 of these and are in Los Angeles. I'm sure they have much more. We bought ours as a promotion, not a standard configuration.

• earlearl Member

@MarkTurner said:
    This time its not my fault, I was just endorsing OVH.

Oh I'm not blaming you Mark.. after all it's only polite to reply back to potential clients.. Just saying I have this dream that one day we can have a discussion on something other than Delimiter.. Seems to be an infestation of sorts..

• earlearl Member

@Steven_F said:
    An arm and a leg? We're like $13 more expensive for an E3 with 16GB of RAM. If that's an arm and a leg... Of course, we only stocked about 20 of these and are in Los Angeles. I'm sure they have much more. We bought ours as a promotion, not a standard configuration.

So you're saying you charge very little? looks to be along the same price point as quadix.. It must mean you provide very little support and slow responses then.. as by your previous logic.. and I quote " You're paying them very little, so you get very little. Simple"

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

For those interested, here's my newly provisioned E3

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz
    Number of cores : 8
    CPU frequency :  1600.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 7975 MB
    Total amount of swap : 8180 MB
    System uptime :   13 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 44.3MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 25.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 29.6MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.68MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.78MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 4.80MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.23MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 19.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 17.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 7.53MB/s
    I/O speed :  82.6 MB/s

Thanked by 1earl
  • @agoldenberg said:
    For those interested, here's my newly provisioned E3

> CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz
    > Number of cores : 8
    > CPU frequency :  1600.000 MHz
    > Total amount of ram : 7975 MB
    > Total amount of swap : 8180 MB
    > System uptime :   13 min,
    > Download speed from CacheFly: 44.3MB/s
    > Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 25.4MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 29.6MB/s
    > Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.68MB/s
    > Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.78MB/s
    > Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 4.80MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.23MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 19.9MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 17.7MB/s
    > Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 7.53MB/s
    > I/O speed :  82.6 MB/s
    > 

Wish I had jumped on it when it was available lol. Would have bene perfect. Looks like you got a good one though. Congrats.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@cmsjr123 said:
    Wish I had jumped on it when it was available lol. Would have bene perfect. Looks like you got a good one though. Congrats.

Thanks, I forgot to mention it seems to be sold out..

• @earl said:

@earl said:

>

It's fine. I did;t jump on it because routing was messed up at the time but cleared up in the AM. Went from 230ms avg to 80ms :/

• earlearl Member

@cmsjr123 said:
    It's fine. I did;t jump on it because routing was messed up at the time but cleared up in the AM. Went from 230ms avg to 80ms :/

No worries bud.. There's always deals on LET.. so its just a matter of time before something good comes along

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @earl said:

Yea made a post already about looking for specs. hoping someone comes along and makes a offer.

Hopefully you do a review on the server to let others know. Seems to be some hate about quadix here.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

@cmsjr123 said:
    Hopefully you do a review on the server to let others know. Seems to be some hate about quadix here.

Review?? Mmm.. Ok, might take a while thought!! as I will be busy spending my commission from volumedrive.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@earl said:

>

Now the people that browse this forum at work can get told off. Well done.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

trewq said: Now the people that browse this forum at work can get told off. Well done.

NVM

@earl said:
    I'm sorry I didn't realize you were into speedo's..
    And there should be no reason why you should be browsing LET when your employers is paying you to work!!

Nice dude. We get paid breaks here anyway...

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

@inthecloudblog

Is awesome!!

@earl said:
    So you're making money but you can't afford a cell phone with a data plan?

I'm not even going to bother with this anymore...

• edited May 2015

When I work I work. When it's play time I just fool around. I find @earl s image innocent anyway. I have empathy towards him :)
    In case he couldn't afford a data plan he could hook from a wifi spot ;)

Thanked by 2earl MikePT
  • earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

NVM

@inthecloudblog said:
    When I work I work. When it's play time I just fool around. I find earl s image innocent anyway. I have empathy towards him :)
    In case he couldn't afford a data plan he could hook from a wifi spot ;)

What has this even got to do with a data plan? It must be nice working in such a relaxed workplace.

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

NVM

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2015

NVM..

@earl said:
    Cry baby!!

Class.