Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReadyDedi sent me an invoice - someone created me an account. Wtf?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ReadyDedi sent me an invoice - someone created me an account. Wtf?

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited April 2015 in General

So, i just came back from work, checked my email and saw this:

I NEVER signed up at them, I NEVER ordered any services with them nor have I opened any ticket with them.

What the actual F is this all about?

Comments

• @BharatB will be able to answer your question.

Thanked by 1BlazeMuis
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

lolcatz

• NomadNomad Member

Maybe someone else did sign up under your name.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

Nomad said: Maybe someone else did sign up under your name.

^this, they did not use your real name so that seems likely?

• Oh, don't be surprise.

I think ReadyDedi just coded a bot, a really intelligent bot, the bot guesses you will need a dedicated server to test your Windows 2020 ISO, so it created an account for you, and bought the right dedi, then send you an invoice.

I recommend you pay double for the bot.

• @joodle,

That mean you are the famous people. Everybody want you as their customer.

• ehabehab Member
    edited April 2015

i didn't know you get that waisted.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

$69? Seems legit.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • @Nekki said:
    lolcatz

Any thought on this?

• @joodle said:
    So, i just came back from work, checked my email and saw this:

I NEVER signed up at them, I NEVER ordered any services with them nor have I opened any ticket with them.

What the actual F is this all about?

Don't worry. Its just $20 more to the LET limit.

• AnthonySmith said: they did not use your real name so that seems likely?

He don't use it either when he subscribe for new service, as he stated not so long time ago at LET :)

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • This is some next level marketing.

Thanked by 3netomx rokok Pwner
  • OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited April 2015

Was there really a need to post a topic on this though? Wouldn't a simple ticket to them been the best way to clear this up???

Thanked by 1BrianHarrison
  • upfreakupfreak Member
    edited April 2015

@OnraHost said:
    Was their really a need to post a topic on this though? Wouldn't a simple ticket to them been the best way to clear this up???

Remember to send a free invoice to @Joodle for a free marketing thread at LET. I personally dont mind if online.net sends me that famous $1.99 invoice..

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

Sorry that was not done by be , someone is using VPN from many places creating random orders under random people's names -_- I'm fed up I can't even guess who it is there was one with [email protected] | century1stop | joodle etc etc

In my defense

edited April 2015

P.S I know most of the LET folks consider me a piece of shit and a foolish guy but I do have common sense which is I don't make fake orders to satisfy myself -_- ,

And I exactly have 1 person in mind who'd do this although I haven't got any evidence to prove it yet.

• @upfreak said:
    Remember to send a free invoice to @Joodle for a free marketing thread at LET. I personally dont mind if online.net sends me that famous $1.99 invoice..

When you get it from Online.net, recommend them to send me few hundreds invoices also.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Nice Maxmind filter, pal!

@netomx said:
    Nice Maxmind filter, pal!

No maxmind, using fraudrecord and that hasn't been working very well lately I should switch back to maxmind.

• J1021J1021 Member

BharatB said: but I do have common sense

Given that @joodle has received the emails from you, you're clearly holding a valid email address for him regardless of whether the account belongs to him or not. With that mind, is it a good idea/courteous to be posting screenshots with his email contained?

• @kcaj said:
    Given that joodle has received the emails from you, you're clearly holding a valid email address for him regardless of whether the account belongs to him or not. With that mind, is it a good idea/courteous to be posting screenshots with his email contained?

You can find that email after 10 seconds on his blog (linked in sig)

@kcaj said:
    Given that joodle has received the emails from you, you're clearly holding a valid email address for him regardless of whether the account belongs to him or not. With that mind, is it a good idea/courteous to be posting screenshots with his email contained?

His email is already mentioned in the screenshot he posted..... I think you missed it.

• J1021J1021 Member

Jonchun said: You can find that email after 10 seconds on his blog (linked in sig)

Fair shout. I still think it's discourteous of Bharat to be posting it though. joodle has the right to post his email address wherever he wishes, Bharat doesn't.

BharatB said: His email is already mentioned in the screenshot he posted..... I think you missed it.

I've looked over the screenshots 3 times now, I'm not seeing it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Some people clearly have too much time on their hands...

@Spirit close this thread I don't wanna get into those topic - to - off topic battles Andrej will kill me.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@BharatB said:

sarcasmo

• BharatB said: @Spirit close this thread I don't wanna get into those topic - to - off topic battles Andrej will kill me.

I think that you explained your part fairly and there's no reason to troll you, just make sure to keep it that way.

To the other's: please stick with the topic without personal related bickering. Anything else goes to The Cest Pit

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2015

Really, shouldn't this be closed? The topic is done now the mystery is solved; by keeping it open all that's happening is the twat who's doing this is getting the attention he craves.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    ^this, they did not use your real name so that seems likely?

Neither does joodle so thats no real proof. ;)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

BharatB said: No maxmind, using fraudrecord and that hasn't been working very well lately I should switch back to maxmind.

Obviously not you doing this, joodle should know better really as he has enough experience to make the obvious guess for himself without starting a drama about it.

Just FYI it is a good idea to use both FR and MaxMind, MaxMind filters a lot of this crap to begin with, for me FR is more like a second line of defense.

This discussion has been closed.