Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Professionalism / Technical Knowledge
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Professionalism / Technical Knowledge

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
edited April 2015 in General

Hi,

How do you examine a New Provider in this industry & what are the things you rely on while getting service from them ?? I mostly check the following:

1. Professionalism
2. Technical Knowledge
3. How many years they are in Business
4. My Budget with their Price
5. Providers Infustructure
6. Providers Service, Uptime etc.

What if you find a Provider that has a problem with their Website / SSL installed in their website & you show them that but they have little knowledge to solve it ??

Yesterday, something happened like this. A Very well-known provider of LowEndMarket sent a Promotional Email (It was good, Have no problem with it) but when I checked their Website, I got some issues with SSL Chain. I asked them some information about the offer & also provided them SSL Labs Analysis result. To My utter surprise, it seemed to me that they are seeing the SSL Chain error for the first of their life while they are providing Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Server for a Long.

Don't you think that Providers should posses a basic knowledge on the things that is mandatory in this industry ?? Okay, it's not that you learn LARAVEL to provide Hosting but you should have knowledge about the Basic things.

Regards,
Mahfuz.

Comments

• Providers should know the basics, but most don't and they're the ones that will fail quickly enough because their customers will realise that.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

SSL certificates should always be valid and up to date. If they're not than I would assume the provider is not taking it's business very seriously.

• Everyone makes mistakes. If its not fixed promptly, or worse still they don't understand the issue its a good indication you should be walking away.

• well, the only criteria I see here at LET is that providers must have own hardware, no mention of knowledge and what not (LoL).

There is actually no difference in commitment, those with own hardware can still pack up their bags and disappear over night. Not much of a task selling hardware.