Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoftEther VPN help :c
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoftEther VPN help :c

foxezfoxez Member

So i've got some NAT servers laying around (VPS with 20 Open ports)

I've sat it up and i can connect if I enable Secure NAT but im getting slow speeds.
After googling i understood that I would have to skip the Secure NAT and use localbridge instead, I have been following this guide: http://blog.lincoln.hk/blog/2013/05/17/softether-on-vps-using-local-bridge/ But i cant get it to work.. :c

Is it even possible to use localbridge on a NAT server?

BTW is this message normal: http://imgur.com/yN8bB6e (Just clicking the Local Bridge tab)

Any tips & tricks? :D

Comments

• NomadNomad Member
    edited April 2015

Try checking my tutorial for Installing Softether then.

Yes, that message is normal.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • foxezfoxez Member

Looks very very promising, thanks! :D

• i want know how i can i know the people who using my free vpn . is not doing some crime using my vpn please help

thank you

• creepcreep Member

@tariqthaqeeq said:
    i want know how i can i know the people who using my free vpn . is not doing some crime using my vpn please help

thank you

using free vpn is a crime.

• newseranewsera Member
    edited August 2015

I configured the VPN successfully, but having an issue.

I am trying to establish a connection at Port 443 and I am getting the below message while I connect on my Windows client. Using Softether VPN Client

** Connected with NAT traversal - might be unstable **

This VPN Client is connected to the VPN Server 'test' by using the NAT Traversal (UDP Hole Punching) technology.

NAT Traversal allows the VPN Server behind the NAT-box to accept VPN connections from VPN Client without any port-forwarding setting on the NAT-box.

However, NAT Traversal-based VPN sessions sometimes become unstable, because NAT Traversal uses UDP-based protocol. For example, the VPN tunnel disconnects every 5 minutes if there is a poor NAT-box between the VPN Server and the VPN Client. Some large-scale NAT gateways in cheap ISPs sometimes cause the same problem on NAT Traversal. This is a problem of routers or ISPs. This is not a problem of SoftEther VPN software.

To solve the unstable tunnel problem, you should connect to the VPN Server's TCP listener port directly, instead of using NAT Traversal. To connect to the VPN Server directly by using TCP, a listener port of the VPN Server must be exposed to the Internet by a port-forward setting on the NAT-box. Ask the administrator of the NAT-box, or refer to the manual of the NAT-box to add a port-forwarding setting on the NAT-box.

If this message still remains despite the VPN Server is exposing a TCP port to the Internet, check the "Disable NAT-T" checkbox on the VPN Client connection setting screen.

When I "Disabled NAT-T" checkbox, I get

Error (Error Code 2):
    Protocol error occurred. Error was returned from the destination server.

I could already see that Port 443 is allowed (telnet vpnserver 443 goes through)

What could be the issue?

• use

"Bridge with new tap device" it will then work.