Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endurance (BlueHost, JustHost, HostGator, HostMonster) called out as fraud, stock price crashes 28% - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Endurance (BlueHost, JustHost, HostGator, HostMonster) called out as fraud, stock price crashes 28%

2»

Comments

• Seriously2015Seriously2015 Member
    edited April 2015

Godaddy sales plus infra costs are MORE ON A PERCENTage basis than eigi. Fascinating. So is godaddy a fraud too?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

Baseless report.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City_Research

Quindell has revealed that the U.K. High Court has ruled in its favor in a libel action against Gotham City, after Gotham City failed to provide either acknowledgment of or a defense against Quindell's libel action.[3]

**Gotham City acknowledges they may make money on the companies they cover, using a similar technique to Muddy Waters Research

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited April 2015

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Baseless report.

You're advocating "pro" EIG on WHT, as well.

However, I'd better go along with rm_/kpmedia's comments and with my own experience. The mentioned firm is real-life one, even if you don't like how it earns.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Master_Bo said: You're advocating "pro" EIG on WHT, as well.

I'm not sure if there's a side to take here, I know a lot of people jump for joy when they hear something bad about EIG but this information is either right or wrong. Pointing out facts and twisting them to drive profit from people who are not capable of interpreting those facts in an objective manner is not an honest action, and that is my interpretation of what has been done here. Appealing to people who have a blind hatred for the company and won't ask questions when anyone says anything bad about them, that's just icing on the cake for these guys.

Master_Bo said: kpmedia's comments

Keep in mind that Kevin also makes money off of badmouthing EIG. He jumps at every chance to give false reviews on WHT (because he admits he's not a client), a ban-worthy offense for others, just to promote his "EIG alternatives" link in his signature where he masks affiliate links. It's one of the reasons I can't take WHT seriously, he's a friend of the admins so that gets to float on by while others get banned for affiliate schemes and reviewing companies they are not (nor have recently been) clients of. I even begged him to take just a few minutes to tell me about his experience with EIG in private, he refused. No profit in that, I gather. He's not interested in helping anyone but himself.

I really don't think anyone should celebrate a company taking a hit that could damage their stock price and in turn hurt the employees at the bottom of the line unless that company is a threat to society and freedom in general. EIG companies have a WEALTH of competitors that anyone can pick up and go to at any time. It's no one's fault but the client's if they end up with a company that has bad reviews all over the internet and they make no effort to investigate. I've still got plenty of friends there, that anyone would wish them financial hardship is disgusting to me. I suppose actually caring about people is old fashioned in the internet based world we live in today.

• Seriously2015Seriously2015 Member
    edited April 2015

Removed

• @Jar Personally, several hosters that EIG now owns exhibited signs of deterioration after they have been assimilated. HostGator's as an example. Those are facts - overall quality of service spiraling down.

This is the reason I will be moving my assets out of BigRock now that EIG owns DirectI. I just don't trust EIG management.

As for wishing them ill... Personally, I won't be too sad if they bite dust. What I will be sad about are hosters whose reputation has been damaged due to service worsened during EIG ownership. That's all. All the rest are just emotions and/or personal interest in either side of the review.

If you think Kevin is providing false reviews, feel free to show truth every time.

edited April 2015

Master_Bo said: Personally, several hosters that EIG now owns exhibited signs of deterioration after they have been assimilated. HostGator's as an example. Those are facts - overall quality of service spiraling down.

See this:

Jar said: It's no one's fault but the client's if they end up with a company that has bad reviews all over the internet and they make no effort to investigate.

This:

Master_Bo said: As for wishing them ill... Personally, I won't be too sad if they bite dust

That's an awful thing to say about honest, hard working human beings. Come to Houston some time, I'd like to introduce you to the families that you think shouldn't have income.

Master_Bo said: If you think Kevin is providing false reviews, feel free to show truth every time.

Done it, multiple times. WHT staff closes ticket, refuses to respond. Kevin is above the rules at WHT, period. He admits to not being a client, but always has "facts" to state about what it's like to be a client, and that's called a review. Those are deleted or bans are made, unless the person is a friend of the admins or they personally agree with the comment (factual or not). WHT is not about truth, it's about marketing and popularity.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

@cfgguy said:
    10% fall in shares is not big considering the stock price at 23-24 USD

Ever heard of leverage for this kind of financial transactions? The authors of the reports are cashing in...

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Jar said:
    That's an awful thing to say about honest, hard working human beings. Come to Houston some time, I'd like to introduce you to the families that you think shouldn't have income.

Oh, how nice. So, I shouldn't criticize awful quality of service just because there are families that could lose income when such a hoster shuts down?

Definitely, poor idea to appeal to human emotions in such a case. "Yes, their services are bad, but how in Earth we can wish them to lose their job? That's heartless!"

Let's protect in the same way every poor service in existence. Just because they have families to support.

Done it, multiple times. WHT staff closes ticket, refuses to respond. Kevin is above the rules at WHT, period. He admits to not being a client, but always has "facts" to state about what it's like to be a client, and that's called a review. Those are deleted or bans are made, unless the person is a friend of the admins or they personally agree with the comment (factual or not). WHT is not about truth, it's about marketing and popularity.

OK, send such a story to me personally next time - just to compare it to Kevin's.

Thanked by 1rm_
    edited April 2015

Master_Bo said: Oh, how nice. So, I shouldn't criticize awful quality of service just because there are families that could lose income when such a hoster shuts down?

Feel free to criticize. That's healthy. Criticizing bad practices and making honest reviews are HEALTHY practices for the marketplace. Let me clear about that. Foaming at the mouth for the next piece of trash to read about a company that you hate because you religiously read the words of people who badmouth companies for personal profit is NOT the same as criticizing.

Master_Bo said: OK, send such a story to me personally next time - just to compare it to Kevin's.

You feel free to do that on your own, I don't give that website the time of day anymore. The last time I called him out on reviewing a company he wasn't a client of in public, he and several other WHT members turned the thread into personal attacks about my lifestyle choices, and the admins barely managed to care about that at all, and still refuse to respond to my multiple tickets about those reviews. I'm over it, not going back. If that's the kind of people you want to look up to as authority figures, that tells me that we have nothing more to talk about. This website is far more civil than that one (thanks to some excellent admins), so I'm not going to drag any more of that here, my apologies for what I have thus far.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    Baseless report.

Ad hominem.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I don't know about the interests of Gotham City Research, but they were the guys which uncovered the big (and proven) Gowex scam here in Spain just months ago.

• @Jar said:

Have you noticed how you "forgot" about appealing to emotions ("families...")? Very nice move, since it was a bad idea from the beginning.

Foaming at the mouth for the next piece of trash to read about a company ...

Are you saying in general, or addressing a definite person by this?

You feel free to do that on your own

Personally, I am quite satisfied, more or less, with what I see at WHT. If I have facts contradicting some review on there, I just post them.

Thanked by 1bsdguy
  • "lifestyle choices"? Means? Gay cocain consumer? Radical christian? Or what?

Just asking

• The story continues: see at headlines list of EIGI summary at Yahoo Finance

Several law firms started investigations. Looks like the report is based upon facts, not just statements.

• @master_bo because as we all know the intentions of all lawyers are pure and the pursuit of potential clients which at this point is the equivalent of signing up for a newsletter is totally dependent on facts pointing to guilt. That seems quite the leap to that conclusion. Press releases are free and adding a webform to capture info is free.

• Seriously2015 said: Press releases are free

In most of the cases, press releases from well-known PR companies are not free.

• @Seriously2015 Moreover, to have some weight and chance to be delivered promptly, press-release shouldn't be sent by a free service.

Leap or not, time will show.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Jar said: This website is far more civil than that one (thanks to some excellent admins)

I'm only a mod, it's easy to make mistakes, I forgive you for it this time :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2015

@Jar said:

Lots of families out there without income right now, often far more hard done by than having to deal with the privilege of precarious web hosting salaries. Sorry to say it, but with the way the world is going these days, along the continuum of 'real problems' and urgency, good luck getting anyone to give a shit about the collapse of 'awful, ridiculous hosting megacorp is awful'.