Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E-Cheque
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E-Cheque

DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep
edited April 2015 in General

Hey Guys,

Do you wait to process the order until the e-cheque is cleared or do you process the order since the client repeatedly ask for?

How far can the e-cheque payment be guaranteed?

Comments

• you wait. a e-cheque can fail (and probably will most of the time)

Thanked by 2DiggDigital netomx
  • @DiggDigital said:
    Hey Guys,

Do you wait to process the order until the e-cheque is cleared or do you process the order since the client repeatedly ask for?

How far can the e-cheque payment be guaranteed?

Tell the client to pay with an alternative method. You can still refund the e-check before it's cleared. You should wait unless you want to risk not getting your money.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Wait until it is cleared

• Depends. If it's an old client with account in good standing, sure you can accept the order immediately and be reasonably sure that you will get your money. But if it's new and unknown client - wait until the e-cheque clears.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

Ok. Thank you all. Its helpful

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

e-cheque, as PayPal e-cheque, at least in the UK, it's simply a Direct Debit. PayPal confirms funds once DD clears with them. If it won't clear you won't get your money.

Bear in mind that Direct Debits, as Credit Cards, can be charged back (recalled) even after the payment is complete and money paid out.

• Anytime you hear check, online or offline, it means "trust". You have to trust the person sending it to you. 99.999% not worth it. Run far far far away because somebody couldn't withdraw a sum of money from their account, go to a gas station and get a Paypal card to add funds to their account versus lazily waiting 3-5 sometimes 7 days to clear an e-Check.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2015

E-check could be triggered because the customers paypal account is linked to a bank. Paypal is waiting for the funds which could take 7 days.

• wychwych Member

I personally wait for e-cheques to clear, albeit most of the e-cheques I get also conveniently fail to complete.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • sinsin Member

@Mark_R said:
    E-check could be triggered because the customers paypal account is linked to a bank. Paypal is waiting for the funds which could take 7 days.

My Paypal account is connected to my bank and every transfer is an "Instant Paypal Transfer" where it sends the person the funds right away and then takes the money out of your bank like 2 days later...I didn't even know it was possible to still send echecks, I think I used that one back in early 2000's for eBay.

• @sin said:
    My Paypal account is connected to my bank and every transfer is an "Instant Paypal Transfer" where it sends the person the funds right away and then takes the money out of your bank like 2 days later...I didn't even know it was possible to still send echecks, I think I used that one back in early 2000's for eBay.

Yea PayPal prepays for you, but this will be disabled and turned into an e-check if PayPal failed to previously get funds from your bank. The prepaying (instant payments) will be enabled again after your next payments will be successfully withdrawn from your bank.

Thanked by 1sin
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

They do echeque when they have issues with the account, for example if you are in debit with PayPal they won't let you do instant payment. It doesn't mean that this is necessarily the case with your payment though.