Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual L5420, 8GB RAM, 500GB Disk - $20/month (paid monthly) - No Setup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dual L5420, 8GB RAM, 500GB Disk - $20/month (paid monthly) - No Setup

As this offer has been restocked and the coupon extended until end of the month or whilst there is stock.

2 x Quad L5420 Xeon
8GB RAM
500GB Disk
1 IPv4
Gigabit port
Dedicated KVM (HP Lights Out) with full graphical KVM, virtual media
Dedicated Power control (power on/off/reset as required)
5TB Bandwidth
OS: Centos, Ubuntu, Scientific Linux, Fedora, Debian, FreeBSD, Windows (BYOL), etc
Unmanaged

$20/month paid monthly

Coupon 2Z9KX4KD8G

https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=160

Comments

• Hmm only 8GB ram :-P, good offer though!

• ehabehab Member

this offer was way too hard for me to resist, well i always wanted to test delimiter and maybe the last dedi i order this year until i make full use of it :D

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I was almost getting this anc cancelling my X5150,but 8gb vs 16 make me sad

Give me 16GB and I'm all yours :P

• @ehab said:
    this offer was way too hard for me to resist, well i always wanted to test delimiter and maybe the last dedi i order this year until i make full use of it :D

Too hard to resist for me as well.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • dnwkdnwk Member

Can I order more IP?

• Went ahead anyways cause its a good deal, probably be replacing my 5150.

• socialssocials Member
    edited April 2015

Atlanta? Yeah, too far for me unfortunately. Otherwise would get one in an instant.

• dnwk said: Can I order more IP?

Yes, but order them after receiving the system

• Please post the test ip & downloadfile.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited April 2015

can we request /64 ipv6 subnet with this server?

• @hotsnow - Yes

@heyzzx - have PM'ed you an IP

• @MarkTurner said:
    hotsnow - Yes
    heyzzx - have PM'ed you an IP

I also want a test file, please PM me, thanks :p

• @MarkTurner PM me IP and test file too, thanks.

• Hey @MarkTurner can I add the disk space? Something around 1-2 TB?

*if it's still on stock of course

• FirstVM_comFirstVM_com Member
    edited April 2015

How about your signature? 16g ram?

Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB disk dedicated server $20/month

Is there any difference? I'd like to try this 16G plan.

• FirstVM_com said: Is there any difference? I'd like to try this 16G plan.

Not a monthly plan. You have to pay $60 up front.

• I'm curious as to why there's a better configuration at a lower price point than the original of this offer. For example

(Not this offer)
    Dedicated Servers - Atlanta - HP BL260C Dual L5420, 16GB, 1TB HDD @$39

(This offer)
    Dedicated Servers - Atlanta - HP BL260C Dual L5420, 8GB, 500GB Dedicated Server @$79

@MarkTurner Any chance you could shed some light on this?

• How much is additional IPv4? I will need one more IP.

• Loving my upgraded 5150 (did the one time upgrade).. Delimiter network is amazeballs for the price.

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5450  @ 3.00GHz
    Number of cores : 8
    CPU frequency :  2999.927 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 32170 MB
    Total amount of swap : 19311 MB
    System uptime :   30 days, 15:37,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 68.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 72.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 52.7MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 13.1MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 18.4MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 51.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.75MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 28.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 26.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 48.6MB/s
    I/O speed :  98.8 MB/s
    Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • From the title:

MarkTurner said: No Setup

I'd rather have it setup ;)

• BruceBruce Member

@Umcookies said:
    I'm curious as to why there's a better configuration at a lower price point than the original of this offer. For example

(Not this offer)
    Dedicated Servers - Atlanta - HP BL260C Dual L5420, 16GB, 1TB HDD @$39

(This offer)
    Dedicated Servers - Atlanta - HP BL260C Dual L5420, 8GB, 500GB Dedicated Server @$79

MarkTurner Any chance you could shed some light on this?

there's a lot of different deals. some are $20/m. some are more. the spec is different for all of them. this latest offers seems to be a LET special

as with other providers, there's the list price and a street price. this latest deal needs a discount coupon to be used.

• Hi @MarkTurner, a couple of questions...

The server description on the checkout page contains "(cloud)", what is that meaning?

Dedicated Servers - Atlanta - HP BL260C Dual L5420, 8GB, 500GB Dedicated Server (Cloud)

The coupon is only good for the monthly payment term, I'd prefer to use the longer terms but then the price jumps up to "normal" levels, three times more (for six months) than the promo.

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited April 2015

Bruce said: there's a lot of different deals. some are $20/m. some are more. the spec is different for all of them. this latest offers seems to be a LET special

as with other providers, there's the list price and a street price. this latest deal needs a discount coupon to be used.

Oh I understand that, that part that confuses me is that they have two configuration of the same server.

1) HP BL260C Dual L5420, 16GB, 1TB HDD (80 Available) @$40 and comes with 10tb at 1gbit

2)HP BL260C Dual L5420, 8GB, 500GB Dedicated Server (27 Available) @$78 at 5tb at 1gbit

This coupon applies to (2) the $78 server, dropping the price by almost $60. They then have a better configuration of the same server, same location without a discount for $40. If they were to discount the cheaper (but better) configuration not only would they be discounting less overall but people would be happier with the better specs. That is the part that I don't understand.

EDIT: Unless of course this particular configuration was made only for this coupon and the price was jacked up to both prevent people from ordering it normally and also make it look like a better deal. Classical marketing if that's the case.

Either way it doesn't bother me, I order one the minute I could so really the above is just me thinking aloud, not trying to have a dig at delimiter at all.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Umcookies said: EDIT: Unless of course this particular configuration was made only for this coupon and the price was jacked up to both prevent people from ordering it normally and also make it look like a better deal. Classical marketing if that's the case.

I suspect this is the case - I won't comment on the 'making it look like a better deal' part, but from comments Mark made on another thread regarding this plan this isn't a standard config, so I'd guess they've had to create the plan especially for it, and like you've said, mark it up high enough that no-one buys it without the coupon.

• FirstVM_com said: Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB disk dedicated server $20/month

Is there any difference? I'd like to try this 16G plan.

The one in my sig is an X5150 processor, the one in the offer is an L5420. One is dual core, one is quad core.

• Umcookies said: (Not this offer) Dedicated Servers - Atlanta - HP BL260C Dual L5420, 16GB, 1TB HDD @$39

(This offer) Dedicated Servers - Atlanta - HP BL260C Dual L5420, 8GB, 500GB Dedicated Server @$79

Pricing on Delimiter's products are all over the place, I wouldn't waste too much time looking at their published prices. Some of the prices date back 3-4 years.

• test IP please

• @MarkTurner How much time does it takes to deploy the server ? Mine is still "Pending" and I ordered on April 28th.

• @FredQC Standard leadtime is 1-3 working days from order acceptance.

The review process is taking longer than normal due to the volume of orders.

Thanked by 3ehab FredQc Hadriel
  • @MarkTurner Could it be other places instead of only Atlanta?