Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheapest UK VPS with stable connection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheapest UK VPS with stable connection

I am not looking for CPU performance disk space or io, ram or even fast connection just looking for VM with a rock solid instance and network uptime. Bonus points for London area, gigbit shared 100gbs or more of BW. Looking for cheap yearly on this.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

How cheap are you looking mate? I know a brilliant provider in a genuine London location and they're cheap for London, but not bargain basement cheap.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Nekki said:
    How cheap are you looking mate? I know a brilliant provider in a genuine London location and they're cheap for London, but not bargain basement cheap.

This is why I don't put prices on my quotes because I am always willing to pay fair price for something.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wojons said:
    This is why I don't put prices on my quotes because I am always willing to pay fair price for something.

Everyone's definition of a fair price is different (especially on LET), so it's helpful to have a ballpark number.

• @Nekki said:
    Everyone's definition of a fair price is different (especially on LET), so it's helpful to have a ballpark number.

This. I definitely know some people who think anything more than $20/year is a huge scam, and that all hosts need to go lower their prices because it's perfectly viable.

• If you are looking for bargain basement gigabit OpenVZ, check my signature!

OnePoundWebHosting also do very nice Xen's at £35 a year, on a 500Mbps port - I've had 100% uptime with them the past year.

Thanked by 1onepound
  • chrispchrisp Member
    edited April 2015

@Nekki said:

Which one? I can really suggest Castlegem:

https://worralorrasurfa.castlegem.co.uk/whmcs/cart.php?gid=9

Their LDEX location is brilliant!

@linuxthefish said:
    OnePoundWebHosting also do very nice Xen's at £35 a year

Yeah OnePoundWebHosting is a very reliable host as well. And Stuart is the coolest guy ever! When they had to upgrade me to a better node I lost my uptime of 400+ days and Stuart was really sad about it. But performance is stunning and you get free monitoring, too ;)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We can offer 60% discount on our HA Cloud Servers in London at the moment (https://www.clouvider.co.uk/cloud-servers/cloud-vps). Please PM if you are interested.

This special offer is valid for 7 days only.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

racksrv.com /thread

Thanked by 1erkin
  • BruceBruce Member

+1 RackSRV (all of my UK nodes are with them)

apart from a loss of power last year (fault in DC), service has been uninterrupted for 2 years

• @linuxthefish said:
    If you are looking for bargain basement gigabit OpenVZ, check my signature!

OnePoundWebHosting also do very nice Xen's at £35 a year, on a 500Mbps port - I've had 100% uptime with them the past year.

I was going to checkout onepound a long time ago.

• +1 for Stuart @ OnePoundWebHosting

Thanked by 1onepound
  • Yeah direvps is very good also, lots of bandwidth available.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

linuxthefish said: Yeah direvps is very good also, lots of bandwidth available.

OpenITC's panel is mental though. Support can be a little hit and miss at times too.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • wychwych Member

@Nekki mental bad/good?

• jhjh Member

Another vote for OPWH

Thanked by 1onepound
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    Nekki mental bad/good?

Bad. It's quite obtuse in areas (especially billing).

Thanked by 1wych
  • DH22DH22 Member

Castlegem is definitely my preferred UK host for a "rock solid instance and network uptime". But they certainly can't be classified as cheap. They will work with you on pricing a little though so you can probably save some off their listed prices.

Linode 's UK location is solid too but also not cheap. I've used a large number of UK providers and have been unsatisfied with most as far as stability.

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • pop96pop96 Member
    edited April 2015

https://opticservers.com/ They had some issues in the past but I'm sure they sorted it. BTW their servers are DDoS protected (up to 10Gbps / 8M PPS).

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Bad. It's quite obtuse in areas (especially billing).

Do you still have a server with them? If so could you do a disk IO test, mine sat between 5-15MB/s and they were pretty slow with ticket replies about it.

I'm currently choosing between OPWH, RackSRV or @jenok 's offer.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

iKeyZ said: Do you still have a server with them? If so could you do a disk IO test, mine sat between 5-15MB/s and they were pretty slow with ticket replies about it.

No, the server died and wouldn't boot so I just cancelled it as I was a couple of weeks away from the end of the billing period, soz.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

Hello,

If you are still interested, our new year offer albeit expired, I can offer it :-)

Standard OVZ
    2vCPU cores
    200GB HDD
    2GB RAM
    2000GB Bandwidth on 100mb/s
    $20/year only!
    Maidenhead, UK.

Regards

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Nekki said:

Mine was similar and died when I tried to reinstall it..

@rsk said:
    Hello,

If you are still interested, our new year offer albeit expired, I can offer it :-)

Could you PM me an IP to ping? Also a link? :-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

rsk said: Hello,

Standard OVZ
    2vCPU cores
    200GB HDD
    2GB RAM
    2000GB Bandwidth on 100mb/s
    $20/year only!
    Maidenhead, UK.

Hello sailor, that sounds interesting, is that offer open to all?

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Nekki said: Hello sailor, that sounds interesting, is that offer open to all?

Sure, I can offer 3 of them. Lots of stock :-)

Thanked by 1forumsuk
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

rsk said: Sure, I can offer 3 of them. Lots of stock :-)

Linky?

• @rsk said:
    Sure, I can offer 3 of them. Lots of stock :-)

I am interested too.

• J1021J1021 Member

Check out @MartinD's range here. The network is solid and at his prices, a steal too.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2015

@rsk I am interested too if you have another slot for me.