Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Run, don't walk away from TLF Host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Run, don't walk away from TLF Host

I tried these guys out and they prove you really do get what you pay for. I wanted CentOS 6.6 but they only had 6.5 I updated to 6.6 and rebooted and no problems. I wanted them to create an RDNS entry for my host and they kept telling me I had to install software and they don't support the software I want to run. Look about 6 emails to support to finally drum into them what I wanted. English is not their first language and probably they don't speak English at all but use a translator.

Anyway, I did some updates yesterday and rebooted the server and it didn't come up. I couldn't get to a console or to the vnc connector, the control panel says the server fails to start and now they want to charge me $5 to start diagnosing the problem. WTF? It's not MY problem that the VPS will not start up or I cannot get to the console. Their latest response was

Hi Dear
We do not support the software you need to solve your problems
Accounting for reimbursement by creating a new ticket

tank you

Yeah, so no tank you, TLF Host.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Always find it funny these "avoid" threads when the host in question has never ever been mentioned on LET or LEB before. I mean why the f*ck did you even buy from them, what did you expect? With no community participation from them or even any reviews whatsoever. And why do you think anyone here even cares about them at all.

Thanked by 1jar
  • NomadNomad Member

I think language barrier is indeed a problem and most of your problems but it's not enough to say you should run away from them.

The other problem... It might as well be related to you as well.
    If you messed up your system, it might not start.

• Fight don't cry..

• komputerkingkomputerking Member, Host Rep

In defense of your issue with the provider over CentOS 6.6, the issue with that is that there are currently not a solusvm templates available for it at the moment, as shown here. While the ISO may be made available to you so that you can install it manually, there is no instant deploy option currently, without the provider building it themselves and making it an option.

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited April 2015

Is it tlfhost.com ?

If yes, look at copyright notice at the bottom, and try clicking on Terms of service. These two should be enough to avoid them.

Also, make WHOIS for rpm-network.net for more impressions.

Do your due diligence first, before buying. Try at least to find references to host on hosting forums.

• I won't buy from a provider called himself "best dedicated webhosting company in the world".

Thanked by 1isalem
  • isalemisalem Member
    edited April 2015

Didn't even bother to change the copyright note in the footer lol

"Copyright © WHMCS Themes - 2012 - All Rights Reserved."

So many wrongs here i see no right anymore XD

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Aren't these threads almost always revenge threads?

• is it tlfhost.com or tlfhosting.com ?

• @Nekki said:
    Aren't these threads almost always revenge threads?

Yes, almost always some kind of retaliation. Reasons can be many:

• expectations didn't meet reality (such as, no 24/7 dedicated support etc)
    • bad experience with plan, support, whatever

and so on. In this given case OP might forget to analyze the host first.