Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Q] Am I getting UDP flooded?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Q] Am I getting UDP flooded?

Cpt_BenCpt_Ben Member

I've got a TF2 server for my community and recently I've banned a jerk from the server and he threatened me that he would screw up my server by flooding it resulting in an extreme ping on the server.

Should I be worried? Is it really some sort of flood? (sorry If I'm asking something completely obvious, don't have too much experience regarding this)

Part of the log file: http://pastebin.com/311mQNe3

Thanks for the help in advance!

Comments

• Looking at the log no, those entries are every few hours looking at it..

• Well, I can't reach it anymore, it seems like it's under full ddos. How can I check the logs?

• Rule #1. Never run public/community gaming services without DDoS protection.

To answer your question, contact your provider for help.

Thanked by 1Cpt_Ben
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

You can't do anything until the provider changes your server IP or does something to lose the attack.

Thanked by 1Cpt_Ben
  • I've contacted the provider and they've activated DDOS mitigation temporarily. As far as I know I've got a 800-1.1 Gbit/s attack :(

• zoliben said: 800-1.1 Gbit/s attack :(

0.8 - 1.1 * I assume?

• @zoliben said:
    I've contacted the provider and they've activated DDOS mitigation temporarily. As far as I know I've got a 800-1.1 Gbit/s attack :(

That sucks. What provider are you with? Might be worth looking into a new provider that has DDoS protection.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Quinten said: 0.8 - 1.1 * I assume?

800Mbps - 1.1Gbps, yes.

• @Quinten yeah, my bad.

@IThinkUFailed I'm using SzerverPlex which is a hungarian host. I don't really think they have an english site, but if you need a translator feel free to ask me any time.

• @Jonchun I'd host it on my kimsufi however it has terrible ping to germany (thus towards eastern europe)

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited April 2015

zoliben said: @Jonchun I'd host it on my kimsufi however it has terrible ping to germany (thus towards eastern europe)

Kimsufi have good ping.

To Germany: 9.138ms

To Netherlands: 5.030ms

To Hungary 41ms

• @zoliben said:
    Quinten yeah, my bad.

IThinkUFailed I'm using SzerverPlex which is a hungarian host. I don't really think they have an english site, but if you need a translator feel free to ask me any time.

Google Translate is pretty good. Have you considered any of the LET hosts? They might be able to offer you a good solution. However I always found my OVH servers to be very good pings to most of europe unless there is an issue. Could always look into Online.net aswell...

• @dragon1993 @IThinkUFailed my traceroute towards my kimsufi server is the following:

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited April 2015

@zoliben said:
    dragon1993 IThinkUFailed my traceroute towards my kimsufi server is the following:

Interesting.
    I use Telecom reseller, Zoliben using Telecom and my ping is better.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@dragon1993 Could be the time of the day / saturation on a link. It happens.