Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make image page loading Super Fast?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to make image page loading Super Fast?

20142014 Member
edited April 2015 in Help

How to make image page loading Super Fast? Like this
Click on some image.. how do i make fats loading?
http://bit.ly/1PB1b1E
and
http://bit.ly/1E4nNm6

Comments

• Use CDN bro

• 20142014 Member

@comXyz said:
    Use CDN bro

Thank you for reply..Yes im using cloudflare

• NomadNomad Member

CDN for redistributing them across the globe. Not for basic optimizations. You need to have multiple copies of your images/site on servers scattered across the world
    The use of a Content Delivery Network is for that purpose. It geolocates your IP and serves you the files from the closes server to you.

I think you are using a free version of CloudFlare and it is not enough. If you want fast, you have to pay. To any CDN network.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited April 2015

They will also use optimisation in image size/compression/quality. They have a lathe environment designed just for this.

• 20142014 Member

@Nomad said:
    CDN for redistributing them across the globe. Not for basic optimizations. You need to have multiple copies of your images/site on servers scattered across the world
    The use of a Content Delivery Network is for that purpose. It geolocates your IP and serves you the files from the closes server to you.

I think you are using a free version of CloudFlare and it is not enough. If you want fast, you have to pay. To any CDN network.

Yes im suing free version of CloudFlare..

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Eh Cloudflare doesn't help in this , search for image compression.

• 20142014 Member

@BharatB said:
    Eh Cloudflare doesn't help in this , search for image compression.

can you give me some link ? Please

• georgegeorge Member
    edited April 2015
  • You should compress the images too, that helps a lot

• The serving of the images is amazingly slow.

Get a paid CDN, or a fast server for the images (without putting cloud flare before it).

Thanked by 12014
  • NomadNomad Member

Also, use Google's Pagespeed along with heavy caching.

Thanked by 1nitro85
  • BharatB said: Eh Cloudflare doesn't help in this , search for image compression.

CloudFlare helps, as content gets served from a closer location.

@tr1cky said:

No matter how close if client's connection is low grade image compression is the saviour

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2015

@tr1cky said:

800ms for 40K is absurdly slow, no matter what the edge server's distance.

• @deadbeef said:

Can you check if that is a hit or a miss on the cache? ( You should be able to see CF-Cache-Status ) Since that seems too slow to be true

• Browsers historically only allowed 2 active connections per server, my version of firefox is now set to 6 by default. HTTP pipelining helped somewhat too.

You might get a small latency performance boost by hosting them on a wildcard subdomain, using a simple hashing function for naming convention. No idea whether this is a practical suggestion that's already used, but maybe worth googling.

• Nginx with mod page speed. and try to make the images size as small as possible.

• @benjojo said:

I'm too bored to do it atm and it's also something you can check yourself ;)

• For optimising images I recommend you use https://tinyjpg.com/ , they are freaking awesome and save you a ton of size with images.

Thanked by 1earl
  • komputerkingkomputerking Member, Host Rep

CDN via Cloudflate might not be the best. Did you purchase a monthly subscription plan, or just making use of the free plan? You might want to look into Highwinds CDN for your image loading issues?

If you are interested in an origin pull CDN setup, please contact me, as I would be happy to set you up

• 20142014 Member

@Quinten said:
    For optimising images I recommend you use https://tinyjpg.com/ , they are freaking awesome and save you a ton of size with images.

you know what is script or code they are using? than we can use it for our site..bro our site is image sharing site :) so i want to permanent thing for site :)

• @BharatB said:
    No matter how close if client's connection is low grade image compression is the saviour

To the best of my knowledge, .jpg and .png formats do not compress significantly any further. Several percents won't make any change.

@Master_Bo said:
    To the best of my knowledge, .jpg and .png formats do not compress significantly any further. Several percents won't make any change.

Compression or progressive images do improve the time , http://blog.patrickmeenan.com/2013/06/progressive-jpegs-ftw.html like for jpeg

• @BharatB said:
    Compression or progressive images do improve the time , http://blog.patrickmeenan.com/2013/06/progressive-jpegs-ftw.html like for jpeg

Interlaced graphic file - allowing to display file, gradually adding details (as decompression goes on) can start displaying sooner, that's correct. However, it still needs to decompress in full to display in full.

Increasing compression (reducing file size and loading time) means quality degradation in case of JPEG. As for PNG, OP should test whether they load faster if better compressed (better compression means more load on browiser when rendering the page).

Another trick could be joining all graphics into few or even single file and use CSS to display parts of it wherever relevant.

Also, JS can be used to pre-load images in background, if conenction is fast enough.

Yea the JS part and CSS part is good by using mapping its a better option to load a single image and map parts from it.

• @Nomad said:
    Also, use Google's Pagespeed along with heavy caching.

I was about to say this too