Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 Dedi's for CS:GO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3 Dedi's for CS:GO

underdiverunderdiver Member
edited April 2015 in Requests

I'm assisting with running a CS:GO (Counter-Strike Global Offensive) league. We need a total of 12 servers, in three locations throughout the US (East coast, central, west coast). So far, our most cost-effective option seems to be going with a GSP. The current quote we have is for 12 servers at $120 per month (total). Since I'm running things, I'd like a bit more control, and league administration agrees, so I'm looking for 3 dedis with a price of less than $40/month, with 3 good locations.

I'm not familiar with running CSGO servers before, and I've been unable to find a great deal on the system requirements online. If anyone has this experience, any advice you give would be greatly appreciated. Here's what I'm looking for:

Price: Less than $40/month for each server

CPU: Quad core, or an Intel CPU with hyperthreading (min 4 threads)

RAM: 4 GB min

HDD: 100 GB, SSD if possible

Network: 100mbps, min 5 TB bandwidth.

There does not need to be a single provider. As stated, any clarification on the specs needed to run CSGO servers would be appreaciated (we are planning using GOTV on occasion).

Thanks!

Comments

• Here are some dedicated servers options for you:

Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 5TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $20/month

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=X515016500

Dual L5420, 16GB RAM, 1TB disk, /29 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 10TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $39/month

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=L5420161000

Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 1TB disk, /29 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 25TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $49/month

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=L5520241000

All of them include Interworx-10, Blesta, Virtualizor-3. You can reinstall the server from the provisioning panel, obviously no charge.

Add a second disk for free hardware RAID.

Prices based on quarterly, discounts are recurring.

• RizRiz Member
    edited April 2015

West - LA - @Steven_F x3470 for ~$30

Central - DAL - @concerto49 not too sure what's available. (chicago may be a better option for central, but with that budget you won't be able to hit it up there.)

East - ATL - @MarkTurner x5150 for ~$20

I think that'll work out to be the lowest pricing for you in those areas. All will be fairly reliable but, i'm not too sure on latency.

• Hey, thanks for the mention! We're out of x3470s for a bit longer, though.

• underdiverunderdiver Member
    edited April 2015

Here are some dedicated servers options for you:

Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 5TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $20/month
    http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=X515016500
    Dual L5420, 16GB RAM, 1TB disk, /29 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 10TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $39/month
    http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=L5420161000
    Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 1TB disk, /29 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 25TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $49/month
    http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=L5520241000
    All of them include Interworx-10, Blesta, Virtualizor-3. You can reinstall the server from the provisioning panel, obviously no charge.
    Add a second disk for free hardware RAID.
    Prices based on quarterly, discounts are recurring.

Thanks for that. Do you know of any east/west coast options at similar prices?

• I'd hit up @MarkTurner for some good deals. Also check out @Incero to see if they have any old E3's they want to get rid of.

Finally, I wouldn't recommend clancoms at all. Please see an example thread below:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/50637/savvyready-launches-kvm-free-trial-first-month-come-trial-with-us/p1

It's absolutely ridiculous how this guy handles himself on the forums, and I figure I'll save you the trouble of dealing with him.

• @Clancoms said:

My buddy? I don't even know who @MrGeneral is. After reading the thread though, I'll be sure to hit him up sometime, and perhaps even hire him for consulting.

Second, try to post more like this:

Please be sure to tell him why I posted what I did.
    Your buddy keeps lying about posts, so I have to set him straight.

While perfect grammar is unreasonable to expect, at least try and put some effort to be professional.

Here's another thread where he's arguing about the same thing. It's pretty ridiculous.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1031517/#Comment_1031517

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Clancoms said:

This is going to be my last response to you about this topic.
    Just to be clear, I have no affiliation with @MrGeneral, and I don't think we've even communicated over PM to this date. I may have quoted/responded to a comment on LET from him or vice versa, but that's the extent to which we know each other.

Second, I'll try and help you one more time:

Here we go again.
    Do you really want to trash this guy's thread with your bullshit? You're no better your buddy, MrGeneral.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @underdiver - PM me with what you need, we can do most specs (except X5150) in Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix and LA.

• I recommend delimiter in the Atlanta location, ping to Atlanta averages 25ms from PA. Didn't know about second hard drive for raid @MarkTurner which serves can you do that with?

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @CFarence - any blade server. PM me with the asset # or IP of your system and I'll look up what you can add to it.

• @Riz said:
    Central - DAL - concerto49 not too sure what's available. (chicago may be a better option for central, but with that budget you won't be able to hit it up there.)

I think that'll work out to be the lowest pricing for you in those areas. All will be fairly reliable but, i'm not too sure on latency.

Our locations right now are NYC, Dallas, Los Angeles and Sydney. However don't have anything for $40/month though. From $49/month on. Thanks for the mention!

• @Clancoms @MrGeneral would you both kindly stop spamming the moderation queue. We get the point that you don't like each other's comment. You don't need to flag each comment of the other person.

• @jcaleb said:
    Clancoms MrGeneral would you both kindly stop spamming the moderation queue. We get the point that you don't like each other's comment. You don't need to flag each comment of the other person.

• Thanks to those who gave me some options. I'll be looking over these tonight.

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited April 2015

For east coast Delimter @MarkTurner (ATL) and DigitalFyre @DalekOfSkaro (NJ)

For west coast I'd say DediCube @Steven_F (LA) and CrownCloud @SpeedBus (LA)

Have you looked into doing any VPS's for hosting? NFOservers (Xen) does dedicated cores for VPS's and they have them marked down at the current time, plus their network is wonderful (Internap).

• cough it's DediCube cough

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jcaleb said:
    Clancoms MrGeneral would you both kindly stop spamming the moderation queue. We get the point that you don't like each other's comment. You don't need to flag each comment of the other person.

Understood.

• @Steven_F said:

That's what I get for not reading signatures :-P.

• underdiverunderdiver Member
    edited April 2015

Any options in the midwest/central areas? I'm looking for something in either Chicago or Kansas City.

• SadySady Member

Also check dacentec dedicated servers (they updated listing very recently), @Ernie can help you with something as well ;)
    I'm not in US so don't know about locations.

• RizRiz Member

@underdiver Chicago will run you a bit more on the high side if you're looking for good latency. I have looked for a budget server over there for this same purpose for a while now with not so much luck.

• I've got central and east covered. Any west coast options?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

@underdiver said:
    I've got central and east covered. Any west coast options?

We have in Seattle x3440 with 8gb memory 1TB drive Unmetered @ 100 Mbps or 20TB/Month @ 1 Gbps burstable Dedicated IPMI (remote reboot, console and reload) $25

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited April 2015

Check out Kushal of @Host4Geeks ... They usually have some good offerings at Lenoir DC. Pretty reasonable guys!

@john1 said:
    Dear underdiver, I might refer you to the better option with Processor: 2 x Intel Xeon 5150, RAM: 8 GB DDR3, Hard Disk 1: 500 GB SATA II, Monthly Bandwidth: 20 TB, at $ 39 with 24/7/365 customer support. Let me know if you are interested.

@MarkTurner?

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @MrGeneral - already given him X5150 prices, second from top.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@MarkTurner said:
    MrGeneral - already given him X5150 prices, second from top.

Got it! :)