Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help, how to Install SSL on IIS 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help, how to Install SSL on IIS 7

Hello guys i am trying to install a EV SSL on customer server, because he cant, but i cant too =D

I have followed this tutorial https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/639/0/certificate-installation-microsoft-iis-7x

but, when i go to sites, select site, then binding, SSL is not there.

If i check again on Start -> Administrative Tools -> IISM -> Server Name

Certificate is not there.

what can be the problem?

thanks!

Comments

• You need to click on the server name, and you will see it

• I do that step, i add certificate, but when i go to sites, Certificate is gone, im reading about creating the certificate

https://nickstips.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/sql-ssl-and-sql-server-2008-creating-the-certificate/

but cant do it yet.

• Did you assign SSL to the website? If you follow the manual of Comodo, it should work.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

You're obviously not creating the cert correctly.

Have you attempted to generate a self-signed cert to see if that works?

• Try selecting 'Web Hosting' store while installing the certificate

• Self signed work but no external. Let me arribe home and i show you

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited April 2015

Let me help you out with this as I had this problem multiple times since I move from vm to vm on my nodes basically what you have to do is import it as a .pfx including the private key because I did the same you did and got the same result you did and then exported the cert and private key then imported it(the .pfx) into iis and it worked then.
    I cannot explain why it doesn't work the way you did it and how it works the way I said above but if I had to guess it is probably looking for the cert+privatekey not cert only.

• @dedicados said:

Okay I think I am not understanding you well please tell me you already created the .pfx file?

• not yet, im looking how to create it.

• Need help again, where are the CSR stored? i have to change certificate because a letter on the name, but i get same error

gets deleted when i change to "sites".

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Csr is stored as file on disk

• cant find it, i try to create another and it get erased when i change to site/bindings

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited July 2015

IIS 7.. LOL fuck me...

• @Dillybob said:
    IIS 7.. LOL fuck me...

Fook off. IIS is the best.