Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider Skype List - Please post usernames here!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider Skype List - Please post usernames here!

VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
edited September 2012 in General

Anybody think it'd be a good idea for us to start a little Skype list on here for all of the LEB providers?

That way it'd be a hell of a lot easier for us to get in touch with different providers for discussions that might not be formal enough for a ticket or email.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

I'm currently putting together a list of all providers who post their usernames in here. This will be posted in a different post (or perhaps Wiki page, thoughts?) once I've put together a decent sized list.

NOTE: Do NOT provide Skype or other IM details of hosts unless you are a member of staff at that host.
Some people may not want their Skype floating around the internet guys, so be considerate!

Comments

• Some don't want to share their Skype, thought of that? :P

I'll give my Skype on request, because if you add at random you'll be weirded out by my statuses, avatars and such. Random community I'm part of :P.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

RamNode

• Dont use skype. Soo old skool. and the quality is bad. I use SIP Now :) with posh cisco phones :)

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Shane_Elmore @AsadHaider

I understand many hosts won't want to give out their Skype, considering people might end up contacting them constantly.. but many providers have Skype accounts that are specifically for their company, rather than personal usage. Also some who have them for personal usage probably still won't mind too much.

And those who don't want to give them out won't have made it any more difficult to be contacted.. but those who have put their name down on a Skype list will have made it easier to be contacted. No loss for anybody.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

People use skype? I used AIM when I was a teenager, haven't really used an instant messaging client since. Unlimited text...

• @Asadhaider, please do not post the Skype details of other hosts.
    If hosts want to share their Skype information, let them do it themselves.

@Chief if providers list their names in here, would it be ok for me to provide a new thread with a more thorough list of company's and their Skype contact details?

• AsadAsad Member
    edited September 2012

Sorry @Chief

@liamwithers How about a wiki page? If you make a thread, it might get sunk and lost.

Not a provider, but my skype is asadhaideruk. Feel free to add.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I can never remember my Skype ID and never go on Skype so remembering it is useless. :(

@AsadHaider either works for me. I just sometimes wanna contact my providers via Skype, so thought others might have had similar thoughts :).

Also, would people be interested in a list for many different IM clients, rather than just Skype? So a list containing details for AIM, Gtalk etc. also?

• wi\l\li\am\ed\is - NOT for support tho (remove the \ obviously)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Don't want to give out Skype - as I only use it for personal stuff.

GTalk: [email protected]
    AIM: mrnothersanone

-D

• @liamwithers said: @Chief if providers list their names in here, would it be ok for me to provide a new thread with a more thorough list of company's and their Skype contact details?

I have no issue with that as long as the hosts themselves are providing their Skype IDs.

Some hosts use the same ID for family, friends and private life away from work, they may not want it shared publicly.

• Last time I tried to use Skype, sometime around 2005-2006, it was horribly slow and bloated. Has it improved?

edited September 2012

@Chief said: I have no issue with that as long as the hosts themselves are providing their Skype IDs.

Some hosts use the same ID for family, friends and private life away from work, they may not want it shared publicly.

Yeah, I'll make sure that any that I put up are usernames that the providers have happily gave out on here themselves. Cheers.

@Damian said: Last time I tried to use Skype, sometime around 2005-2006, it was horribly slow and bloated. Has it improved?

I didn't use Skype back then, but it seems to be pretty efficient to me :)

• @Jack said: Yup

Not much though..

• If someone wants my private skype, icq or gtalk - ask me privately. Although my skype is not hard to figure out ;-)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@jarland said: People use skype? I used AIM when I was a teenager, haven't really used an instant messaging client since. Unlimited text...

It does come in useful when you have family abroad, although having said that lots of my family use Facetime now, but still Skype isn't bad. I use it for both IM and Video/Voice Calls.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Who needs skype when you can have Google? A lot of provider here already use google apps and you should be able to reach almost all of them over google chat :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Who needs skype when you can have Google? A lot of provider here already use google apps and you should be able to reach almost all of them over google chat :)

What's the harm in being available via several different mediums? Not everyone likes or uses Gtalk.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I use skype since it launched... Still use it, unfortuentely it tends to get shittier with each update. If anyone needs my skype, feel free to contact me.

However I prefer email communication.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Who needs skype when you can have Google?

Who needs Google when you have ICQ?
    Who needs ICQ when you have MSN Messenger?
    Who needs MSN when you have AIM?
    Who needs AIM when you have Skype?
    Who needs Skype when you have Google?
    Who needs Google when you have ICQ? ... oh wait we're going in circles again with your logic.

• TazTaz Member
    edited September 2012

@Chief said: Who needs Google when you have ICQ?

Who needs ICQ when you have MSN Messenger?
    Who needs MSN when you have AIM?
    Who needs AIM when you have Skype?
    Who needs Skype when you have Google?
    Who needs Google when you have ICQ? ... oh wait we're going in circles again with your logic.

Who needs shit when we have LET & IRC :P!

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • I have @liamwithers (thanks for letting me know) and a few others on Skype already.
    To all who would like to add me, Skype name: CubixCloud .

If interested, our other team members can be contacted through Skype as well.

Great list so far -- I'll add a few of you :)

• ErrantWeb

• Skype is okay but the iOS app is absolute trash, it constantly drops calls and rarely ever places one correctly (and by correctly I mean the receiving party actually sees that a call is coming to them). Oh and it has a wonderful habit of ignoring group calls most of the time.

• New skype for LET:

scripteephp.shane

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Jack said: My Skype is : DotVPS If you want to add me :)

Watch out, he might block you :-o

@CVPS_Chris said: Watch out, he might block you :-o

Uhh ohh, now wouldn't that be rebellious D:

• @Damian said: Last time I tried to use Skype, sometime around 2005-2006, it was horribly slow and bloated. Has it improved?

>

Is skype use p2p method to transfer voice?
    Or all the voice must passed through their server?