Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anonymous VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anonymous VPS

immyimmy Member

Dear All,
Require anonymous vps service as we are a small social group / NGO working for people awareness and awareness about consumer information. Need anonymity as a lot of religious and corporate regions sometime feel that we are trying to work against them so these are big groups with corporate world ties. Already moved a lot around but as we are non-profit we are finding it hard to exist. Most anonymous providers out there are mostly too costly. Was looking if some lowend stuff is available but with anonymity.
Nothing illegal here but just some racial, religious and corporate people feel they are being opposed.
Please suggest concerned service. Only practical and anonymous workarounds welcomed. Please no lecture or debate if you have something against anonymity. Please keep views regarding anonymity away from this thread.
Thanks

Comments

• @cociu maybe able to help

• Vstoike.ru, blazingfast. Io

• BochiBochi Member

Isn't the Tor network somehow intended for such things?
    How about setting up a hidden service?

• You should contact us we are able to help also for a small price

• immyimmy Member

@comXyz Thanks for the reference I will check with @cociu.

@Frecyboy Thanks for the info. vstoike doesn't say or say about anonymity. Yes I will check blazingfast

@Bochi Tor cannot work as it will create overhead on the server. Also need a virtual server in any case.

@FlokiNET thanks for the info. I will get in touch.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You need to define "anonymous" in this context.

Do you want secret communication among your members? Maybe TOR hidden services.

Or do you want to host a web site but not have ownership tracked back to you?

Or do you want DDOS-protected hosting? Which you probably do.

Or do you want to register a domain, host a site, etc. all anonymously where even the provider does not know your name and you pay in bitcoins?

Etc. You need more specifics.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Just ask a host to sign a confidentiality agreement, only keep a local paper copy of your details and define the nature and scope of your activities.

That protects both of them, if you turn out to be generally abusive then your rights are gone and you get terminated, if you are what you say you are then everyone wins.

I would have no problem doing that for and actual organisation who could show a good reason for anonymity as long as they also understand I have to at least keep local hard copies for the sake of the laws I am bound by.

• Search this forum for "offshore" keyword. Also Bitcoin as payment is good for anonimity. Good luck.

• KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited April 2015

You're asking for something near impossible, if anything we've learned, anonymous anything does not exist. Even TOR is broken, (see: NSA - broke 99% of TOR). You either sacrifice money for relative-privacy, or relative-privacy for money, even at that, you have no assurance of any remote privacy, even if you use bitcoin.

NSA is a fan of linkage, meaning how can we link X to Y? For example:
    X's Bitcoin Address is 32bacgadfghhlaf2502[...], and X has used that for one "anonymous" purchase, but X also used it on Y (ex: Crissic) and passed anti-fraud checks. Therefore we can link X to Y, and Y has a name that has been anti-fraud validated, so it's a legitimate address/name (relatively speaking).

Therefore in the end, you have no assurance of privacy, and anonymous anything doesn't exist. There are people who have very good opsec who can hide for a period of time before being found out, but even at that, it's not 100% hidden forever, it just takes time to work and find it. Seeing as the NSA has built programs to automatically link things, and DARPA built Memex which searches and links "dark net" results with "clear net" results, therefore there is no real escaping.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

KwiceroLTD said: therefore there is no real escaping.

If you are trying to hide from the NSA, maybe not. But most people have far less resourceful opponents.

In other words, hiding from a major intelligence agency may be all but impossible, but hiding from your average netizen or even well-organized groups that don't have billion-dollar budgets is a much easier proposition.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • raindog308 said: In other words, hiding from a major intelligence agency may be all but impossible, but hiding from your average netizen or even well-organized groups that don't have billion-dollar budgets is a much easier proposition.

I beg to differ, because if you look at how our technology has advanced in the past decade, pretty much anything can be found online, and using things like NSA Linkage as a civilian (since the tool can be formed rather easily) will also get someone caught up in this whole delemia. It's coming to a point where anyone who can type into Google can find out everyone's information.

• ChuckChuck Member

@KwiceroLTD said:
    I beg to differ, because if you look at how our technology has advanced in the past decade, pretty much anything can be found online, and using things like NSA Linkage as a civilian (since the tool can be formed rather easily) will also get someone caught up in this whole delemia. It's coming to a point where anyone who can type into Google can find out everyone's information.

Can you tell me why the dude in Memento didn't use Google to help himself?

• ska42ska42 Member
    edited April 2015

@Chuck said:
    Can you tell me why the dude in Memento didn't use Google to help himself?

Memento was written before Google was founded. ;)

• FlokiNET said: You should contact us we are able to help also for a small price

10Gb traffic month? Funny.. :)

• immyimmy Member

@raindog308 Buddy need an anonymous "vps", if it comes with DDOS it good if does not no problem. @AnthonySmith And yes confidentiality agreement is a good option. I don't need to hide from someone like NSA :P but yet a few resourceful people locally. @Anna_Parker Thanks I will check offshore. @KwiceroLTD bro I said in my post, no lectures please. Can you respect my request? Also what I need the vps for won't even interest the local police chief :)

Thanks everyone for comments. And recommendations for anonymous service providers are welcomed :)

• immyimmy Member
    edited April 2015

fitvpn said: FlokiNET said: You should contact us we are able to help also for a small price

10Gb traffic month? Funny.. :)

Hey @fitvpn, @FlokiNET did not say anything about traffic bro ? What are you talking about

• immy said: did not say anything about traffic bro

Follow their link on signature. Also 28Gb traffic for VPS in Iceland.. :)

• immy said: bro I said in my post, no lectures please. Can you respect my request? Also what I need the vps for won't even interest the local police chief :)

So why do you need an "anonymous" vps? Also I don't care if you wanted a lecture or not, I decided to educate you on the subject, and future people who ask for similar. If you've got a big piggy bank (which you don't), the relatively good provider is ITITCH - they're US-based vpses unless you request to be in india, and they support anonymous registration and anonymous payment, but it doesn't mean they won't willingly hand over information and give access to your VPS/hosting to law enforcement upon request.

• immyimmy Member

@KwiceroLTD I respect your comments. Your valuable feedback is really important. Did not mean to upset you. My apologies :)