Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone really using Hubic for server backup ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is anyone really using Hubic for server backup ?

SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I searched and found that using hubicfuse https://github.com/TurboGit/hubicfuse , you can mount it to your Linux system.

So is anyone really using it, if yes then how are speeds or is it really practical for that purpose.

Comments

• NomadNomad Member

For backups it's OK. Use the search and you'll see.

• I use command line program backup function

• FalzoFalzo Member

IMHO it's not very usable with rsync, rdiff-backp or alike because of some limitations due to the underlying swift technology... afair there is more support/better usability if you intend on using duplicity.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

I wouldn't use Hubic for system backups, maybe for some personal files.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited April 2015

it's fast, just tested it right now from a DO droplet using hubicfuse on a debian 7:

root@hf3:~# dd bs=1M count=1024 if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/hubic/default/Documents/test2
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 116.445 s, 9.2 MB/s

so i guess i'll be using it for backups too.

• BochiBochi Member

You should find pretty much about that topic on LET and the rest of the WWW. You might look at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/50241/my-impressions-on-hubic for example

• Yep, I have servers that have CCTV Cameras FTP images every 1 Second to various servers. Hubic is running on them with 10TB of storage and uploads all the images.

Sometimes Hubic has to play catch up as there is a lot of files in a day to upload, however I'm using it for both backup and bigger storage as the servers have 500GB Drives as long as they last about 6-7 Months worth of images 10TB is a huge amount extra.