Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in Australia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in Australia

bohdansbohdans Member
edited April 2015 in Requests

I am looking for a VPS in Australia,
KVM preferred, but happy with OpenVZ/HVM/Other if that's all I can get.

Specs:
1GB RAM
15GB HD ( Does not need to be SSD )
Minimal Bandwidth ( Current VPS is less than 50GB total a month )
1 x IPv4, would prefer IPv6 as well

If your a established host ( or a regular on LET/B ), willing to pay yearly and by bank deposit to reduce the cost.
Looking for $5/m or $50/yr ( do your closest/best if this is too low )

This will be hosting a mail server, so NEEDS clean IP, mail is for me, family and friends, less than 1,000 emails a week in, 100 out.

Comments

• BruceBruce Member

@bohdans said:
    This will be hosting a mail server, so NEEDS clean IP, mail is for me, family and friends, less than 1,000 emails a week in, 100 out.

just interested to know why you don't just use Gmail (free or Gapps)

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

I don't know of any Australia VPS hosts on LET, but Ive heard of servermule for Australia VPS. Their smallest plan is $5 for first month, then $10 per month after.

Search them on google and they should be top result :)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

100% recommend RansomIT. @Oliver

• NekkiNekki Veteran

RansomIT have some stuff in AU, plus I think Cloudshards have just started offering plans there too.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2015

@SSDBlaze said:
    I don't know of any Australia VPS hosts on LET,

@Oliver RansomIT isn't all that active here but runs a great service.

@Nekki said:
    plus I think Cloudshards have just started offering plans there too.

You're correct, they have a Sydney location now. @concerto49

• @nekki @athk I already have a RansomIT service :) Looking for a second/third for redundency

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited April 2015

@nekki I believe Cloudshards is in the same datacenter as RansomIT in Syd, so looking for a little more diversity than that

Edit: Sydney just had/is having a big storm, so made me start thinking about more redundancy)

• @bruce I don't use gmail because I don't like the idea of a single company having access to my information at every point ( Gmail, Android, gMaps, Google Search, etc.. ) So I host My own email, use OpenMaps and duckduckgo thus not relying on a single company.

@bohdans said:
    nekki I believe Cloudshards is in the same datacenter as RansomIT in Syd, so looking for a little more diversity than that

Edit: Sydney just had/is having a big storm, so made me start thinking about more redundancy)

RansomIT have multiple locations :) I also use Vultr but they are in the same location too. Have you thought of getting somewhere else in the Asia Pacific region as a backup?

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited April 2015

@trewq I have a backup in LA and 30 min backups to online.net server.
    Would happily expand to anywhere in the AP region, except I believe Aus is the cheapest in the region.
    I also like to have multiple companies ( I have had hosts go belly up ).
    So if I am paying for a redundant/backup VPS, I want it in a different DataCenter ( Ideally city ) on a different backhaul with a different company, otherwise its not really redundant.

Also trying not to host in the US, latency is 180ms just to LA, Online.net is ~400ms

• The only one other than what's been mentioned already is with Vultr they will get you close on their $5/mth it doesn't quite match your request but it's close.

• @bohdans said:
    nekki I believe Cloudshards is in the same datacenter as RansomIT in Syd, so looking for a little more diversity than that

Yes, rare in 8 years or so apparently. I don't think it had any issues with the data center. We do run our own networks and remote hands. So there are some differences.

Other than that not as many people do host in NextDC or Global Switch. We're looking at the options of expanding for our redundancy needs too - not just yet :)

• @concerto49 feel free to post or PM me a price/specs. Might be able to move current VPS with oliver to another location.

• @bohdans said:
    concerto49 feel free to post or PM me a price/specs. Might be able to move current VPS with oliver to another location.

Pricing in AUD inclusive of GST :)

OpenVZ 2 CPU
    1GB RAM / 1GB VSwap
    21GB RAID10 HDD space
    300GB @ 1gbit port
    1x IPv4 Address
    8x IPv6 Addresses
    $7/month or $70/year
    https://www.cloudshards.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=212&currency=4

OpenVZ 1 CPU
    256MB RAM / 256MB VSwap
    8GB RAID10 HDD space
    175GB @ 1gbit port
    1x IPv4 Address
    8x IPv6 Addresses
    $39/year
    https://www.cloudshards.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=213&currency=4

Does that work for you?

• @concerto49 they look good :) Any chance of a 512Mb RAM?

• @bohdans said:
    concerto49 they look good :) Any chance of a 512Mb RAM?

Sure!

https://www.cloudshards.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=214

• @concerto49 great to see Aus VPS at LET/B prices! Will purchase tomorrow :)

• @bohdans said:
    concerto49 great to see Aus VPS at LET/B prices! Will purchase tomorrow :)

Thanks for the support!

• Thought I might update,
    Also found these guys: https://www.networkpresence.com.au/hosting/vps-plans/kvm-ssd-vps.html
    $5 a month for 768MB RAM,
    Anyone else used these guys or heard of them before?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Bruce said: just interested to know why you don't just use Gmail (free or Gapps)

• security
    • privacy
    • customization
    • no dependence on companies and their annoying security systems ("verify your phone number" when you are on vacation or company disappears and takes your email address with it)
    • lower price
    Thanked by 1WSCallum
  • Vultr is 5$, though the network was... weird... in the past - might be better now. I think they are in Equinix SYD1.

• sqamsqamsqamsqam Member
    edited April 2015

I have used networkpresence. Solid network. Never had any downtime other then when my server got ddosd for the 10 months I was with them. They almost terminated my s server tho. Ddos is pretty common in aus/nz with pretty much everything to do with gaming. So I got rid of the vps then got a server in Canada with ovh.

Server was only ddosd twice.