Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a LowEnd VPS please see below for requirements, thank you.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need a LowEnd VPS please see below for requirements, thank you.

speedy007speedy007 Member
edited October 2011 in Help

Hi, First of all thanks to LEB Admin for great site.
I need a VPS for my personal special need as below:
Processor: Dual core preffered but not essential
Memory :512 to 1024mb (1024mb preffered)
Bandwith: 10 to 15gb per Month
I require VPS on: 1gbps port not 10mbps not 100mbps.
Harddisk Space: 5 to 10Gb is fine.
I need this VPS to be in UK datacentre and in Midlands is preffered (not essential) as that is in the middle! lol.
I am willing to pay resonable ammount per year for this.
Please let me know your contact details and I will contact you or drop me a PM.
Thank you all for your time and help.

Comments

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011

1024 MB RAM, 1 GBPS, 15 GB Bandwidth, 10 GB HDD for $10 or $20 per year.

I don't think its possible ! Although the bandwidth and HDD is less, The Port speed and RAM is too high for that price.

• I don't think that you can find the provider for $20/year for 512mb ram and 1Gp port.

• speedy007speedy007 Member
    edited October 2011

I need 1gbps port because i need speed but at the same time do not require that much of a bandwidth so I need something that could cope speed but not necessary hammer the bandwidth its like sending 100s of packets but the size of packets would be so small that over all bandwidth would be around 3-4gb a month max. The 512 memory is essential but 1024 preffered, and the price is a guide price may pay more but that depends on the offer I receive!

• speedy007 said: $10 to $20 per year

make the second number 5 times more and maybe you will find any overselling vps provider

• Like Quickweb!? I already got a VPS with them with very good price with 512 memory and 1gbps port in the UK and I am not paying $20x5=$100! Infact no where near that! Also I need this VPS as a Backup for my Quichweb, so just incase they have problems I can use the back up one for time being. Sarcasm aside no way Quickweb is an over seller and even if they did I don't have any problems with their services, infact they are realy good.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited October 2011

I agree 512mb @ $100 is high, but at $20 is not attainable either. Be realistic if you'd like a provider that will actually fulfill the year of service you are going to buy.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • speedy007 said: Like Quickweb!? I already got a VPS with them with very good price with 512 memory and 1gbps port in the UK and I am not paying $20x5=$100!

Be so kind, post a link to that offer.

• @miTgiB I am realistic as I said I will concider any reasonable offer that would not break my pocket and would not send provider to deadpool ,but as breton's aggerated the price, that's the verything I wanted to avoid! I wanted honest price not something coming out of some1s backs*de, you know what I mean.

• @breton
    No i don't need to but even if I had to I couldn't as I have that vps going on for 4 months now.

• speedy007 said: @miTgiB I am realistic as I said I will concider any reasonable offer that would not break my pocket and would not send provider to deadpool ,but as breton's aggerated the price, that's the verything I wanted to avoid! I wanted honest price not something coming out of some1s backs*de, you know what I mean.

$70-90/yr min

• speedy007 said: @miTgiB I am realistic as I said I will concider any reasonable offer that would not break my pocket and would not send provider to deadpool ,but as breton's aggerated the price, that's the verything I wanted to avoid! I wanted honest price not something coming out of some1s backs*de, you know what I mean.

10-20 a year is not realistic at all if you're looking for reliability. You'll be lucky to find a 1024 for 20/mo, regardless of HDD and bandwidth spec.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • @justinb
    $70-$90/yr what would that include?

• Bare minimum everything.

$10-20 a year is literally a joke, no one would take you seriously.
    For 1GB ram we're talking $20 a month normal pricing.

edited October 2011

I know these VPSs are out of stock but they do exist don't they, so no It is not unrealistic to pay $12 - $15/month for 1024 memory, just a refference no insult intended.
    http://imgair.net/i/vps-1319735060.jpg

• yes. but no with 1gbps port.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited October 2011

speedy007 said: I know these VPSs are out of stock but they do exist don't they, so no It is not unrealistic to pay $12 - $15/month for 1024 memory, just a refference no insult intended. http://imgair.net/i/vps-1319735060.jpg

Those are -our- plans, speedy. And no, we do not offer 1G VPSes for 20 a year. We don't even offer the 512s at 20/yr.

Edit: And just to clarify; no, we do not do custom orders.

• @Aldryic Yes I know those are your plans and, I know not every one does custom orders but a lot of providers allow to either add more memory or upgrade the port with a fee ofcourse!

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited October 2011

That is true, aye. However, 10-20/mo != 10-20/yr :P

Show me the company that'll sell you a 512 for 10/yr, and I'll show you 1) someone who's massively overutilizing, and 2) a very likely deadpool candidate :3

• I know what you mean but Have you ever started bid with highest possible price or you start with the lowest! lol, hence the $10-$20/yr price but as I repeatedly said I am open to reasonable offers that benefit me and the provider!

• IMO, a host that must bargain to obtain a client is a host that cannot pull business simply by the quality of their services.

If you're open to reasonable offers, you pretty much shot yourself in the foot with that initial offering. Every host that sees that will now be thinking "There is no way this sale will be worth whatever we make from it".

• @Aldryic : where? did you see $10-$20/yr?? just kidding, I have changed it to resonable offer! lol

• No offense but the Original Poster (@speedy007) has no idea what he is talking about and the discussion is going no where either

This is not a port-requirements-and-get-offers section BUT this is a discussion forum. The best question would be, what providers do 1024MB with 1Gbps port and start off by creating tickets to those providers and getting quotes etc OTHERWISE this discussion is going nowhere

• AsimAsim Member
    edited October 2011

(Duplicate port removed)

• Why am I reading Speedy007's posts in my head with a kid's voice?

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011

@speedy007 : I guess you'll have to pay $20 a month minimum to get those kinda specs ! Or Well, You could find a unmetered 1 GBPS provider such as UK2 which is in the UK (As you wanted in your requirements) I'm not sure about the cost though !

http://www.uk2.net/vps-cloud-hosting/

Btw, http://imgair.net/i/vps-1319735060.jpg is the most viewed image hosted on imgair in the last 1 Hour !

• speedy007 said: I have changed it to resonable offer!

Not to repeat everything Aldryic said but a quick check of the most discussed reliable providers shows them all out of stock on what you are looking for. I know I almost always have a few put back so I can accommodate current clients desire to add more service, and I would guess you'll find similar policies at most other reputable providers.

So now we can sit here and bargain away our reserved inventory at a discount with you, or wait for our satisfied clients to fill their needs with a smile, where is our incentive?

Asim makes a fantastic point, figure out who has what you need and trim the list from there.

Thanked by 1Asim
    edited October 2011

thank you all for your comments! Excellent stuff! @miTgiB @Asim thank you for your great advice guys I will "figure out who has what I need and trim the list from there".
    @ztec : yeah you are right I am 33yr old kid whose voice you listning in your head! Muppet!

• I'm sure if you check LEB well you will get what you are looking for @ 512 to 1 gb of ram

• innyainnya Member
    edited October 2011

If you can pay $7.00/M, You can get 512ram xen or KVM on 512G /month transfer on 1G share port in Jacksonville FL (US) with Go-VPS-GO.
    So, at least you are looking at $84/ year.
    It is not even in UK or Europe.

• I'm just wondering why they want a plan that basically entails using their entire traffic allocation in under a minute.

Thanked by 2Infinity AuroraZ