Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Source] PHP LookingGlass - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Source] PHP LookingGlass

13»

Comments

• Same can also be done for the IPv6 traceroute command:

return $this->procExecute('traceroute -6 -w2 -A', $host, $fail);

• Set this up for Swift;

ping.swiftvm.com (California, SJ)

Looks nice, the theme that came with it, is similar to ours, so... I'll roll with that.

• Sorry to bump an old thread, but figured I would keep this here if anyone else was having the problem.

I see @LAKid had this same issue.

I have installed LG on two VPS systems. One using a LAMP install and LG works perfectly. The other is an NGINX install using this "Simple Server Setup" script.

The problem I am having on the NGINX install is that ping is not working. I have modified the default file with the NGINX changes needs from on page 1 of this thread, but that does not seem to fix the issue.

File downloads, MTR, HOST, and TRACERT all work as expected.

Here is a pastebin of my current modified NGINX default file. Pastebin Link Here

I am a noob when it comes to linux but starting to get the hang of it. Could some one please point me in the right direction to get this fixed? Thanks.

Deeeebs

• Can you do ping from the user of the webserver? your another user, not your root?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Can you do ping from the user of the webserver? your another user, not your root?

As being a regular user (not sudo privledged) I can not use ping.

deeeebs@uk:~$ ping google.com ping: icmp open socket: Operation not permitted

• someone overreacted and removed the setuid flag from ping.

• Try this from your root account :

# chmod u+s /bin/ping
  • DeeeebsDeeeebs Member
    edited October 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Try this from your root account :

# chmod u+s /bin/ping

Ok. That now allows me to ping from the non-sudo account over ssh.

deeeebs@uk:~$ ping google.com PING google.com (173.194.34.128) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from lhr14s21-in-f0.1e100.net (173.194.34.128): icmp_req=1 ttl=57 time=1.14 ms 64 bytes from lhr14s21-in-f0.1e100.net (173.194.34.128): icmp_req=2 ttl=57 time=1.13 ms

Actually its all working now. Had to clear IE cache on my windows VM.

Thanks @ErawanArifNugroho and @rds100 for your help.

• how about trying to install the looking glass by using sudo from the normal user/webserver user

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    how about trying to install the looking glass by using sudo from the normal user/webserver user

I can try that now from my buffalo box and see how it goes.

Everything is working just fine on my UK box now. Thanks for your help!

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • DeeeebsDeeeebs Member
    edited October 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    how about trying to install the looking glass by using sudo from the normal user/webserver user

Not looking too good. Maybe I did something wrong. Its almost lunch time... MMMmm Pho!

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it was something I did wrong. Will report back... Well it appears to only install for me from user root. Adding user deeeebs to the sudoers file did nothing for me but generate permission denied errors trying to install stuff.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, I know this thread is 8 years old and the script hasn't been updated in 7 years.

Was curious what other providers are using for simple looking glass pages nowadays?

• LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2021

@MannDude said:
    Yes, I know this thread is 8 years old and the script hasn't been updated in 7 years.

Was curious what other providers are using for simple looking glass pages nowadays?

This is the oldest necro ever on this forum? Congrats.

Speaking on the script usage: many providers use it. At least for lg.providerdomain.tld. it is good for what it does. And to modify it is a peace of cake.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@LTniger said: This is the oldest necro ever on this forum? Congrats.

Ha, probably. I just searched, "site:lowendtalk.com looking glass script" and this is all that really came up.

I'm using the script now, I just found it interesting and was wondering if anything else similar was being used.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

RackNerd, Nexril, LevelOneServers, etc.

• I will visit this thread again in about 8 years.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Nickk said: How does one get PHP with nginx working too?

install php-fpm

configure: https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/start/topics/examples/phpfcgi/

• @raindog308 said:

@Nickk said: How does one get PHP with nginx working too?

install php-fpm

configure: https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/start/topics/examples/phpfcgi/

Pretty sure he didn’t wait 8 years for this answer 😂

• !RemindMe 8 years

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • tjntjn Member

@MannDude said:
    Ha, probably. I just searched, "site:lowendtalk.com looking glass script" and this is all that really came up.

You need to up your search skills :)
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172304/looking-glass-recommendation

• @tjn said:

@MannDude said:

You need to up your search skills :)
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172304/looking-glass-recommendation

It's a mildly different solution than what most people here are keen on afaik, although they do solve the same requests.

The easiest solution currently is RamNode's Python implementation of the same Looking Glass script here: https://github.com/ramnode/LookingGlass

I do like Hyperglass and Alice. I think those are more "proper" Looking Glasses. Telephone Looking Glass (the one in this thread) is in a similar domain to "ping and trace".

For those of you who need Telephone's PHP Looking Glass to work, refer to the open issues tracker for code and information on how to get the old PHP code to work on your new server using 2021 solutions. It seems to be fairly straightforward.