Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outlook 2013 550 5.7.1 "This message does not comply with required standards" Error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Outlook 2013 550 5.7.1 "This message does not comply with required standards" Error

PaulPaul Member

We recently migrated the hosting and email account of a user to another server. We've started receiving this error message when trying to send messages via the Outlook 2013 email client.

Start of Message

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 4/7/2015

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

550 5.7.1 some code This message does not comply with required standards.

End of Message # --

Obviously I edited a few stuff there in the message, such as the recipient email, but the error is as is - Code: 550 5.7.1

The POP and SMTP settings of the user still route through the same "mail.domain.tld" address, using the same ports. SMTP Authentication is enabled.

I found this on the microsoft support site:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/585c1a77-83ca-4a42-8de8-1fd34bd9a9d1/your-message-did-not-reach-some-or-all-of-the-intended-recipients?forum=officeitpro

But the discussion doesn't really identify a common workaround. Any ideas?

Comments

• Try IMAP?

• PaulPaul Member

Yeah, I tried setting up IMAP. But the issue is with the SMTP it seems. Once the email client tries sending, this error message pops up. Error code: 550 5.7.1

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Few options:

• pop3 authentication before SMTP
    • is the receiving mailbox on a Exchange server? If so, check that the mailbox doesn't have the option "only from authenticated users" option checked.