Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think of this site design?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you think of this site design?

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited September 2012 in General

What do you guys think of this site? I'm looking for constructive criticism, and won't hurt anybody for saying it sucks :)

http://nodeondemand.com

Based on suggestoins:

http://nodeondemand.com/test
http://nodeondemand.com/test/index2.html

Comments

• Information overload. Too much stuff in 1 place.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @concerto49

Hmm, this (might) be true. I really aimed for a one page design, do you think if I collapsed the tittles for each topic, it would help?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I like it, but agree too much on one page. Make it 3 pages. Still simple and minimal, more likely the visitor will take it all in.

• Too much for one page.....

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited September 2012

@jarland @corey Alright, if three people say it's too much for one page, it's too much for one page. I'm going to edit it a bit.

• @lele0108 I like what your trying to do by putting it all onto one page, however you need more distinct borders between the "sections"

edited September 2012

@Corey @jarland @concerto49 @SimpleNode Quickly did this in 15 minutes, what do you think?

http://nodeondemand.com/test/

• @lele0108 idk - still seems a little much.

• @lele0108 Much better.

Are those dedis from CommercialMedia? Because those specs match what I got from them a few weeks ago. :3

edited September 2012

@SimpleNode Yes, and we also have exclusive rates.

@Corey Not sure how much more I can shrink it.

• @lele0108 said: Yes, and we also have exclusive rates.

mmm. I was looking into them a few weeks ago, and their prices seem too good to be true... yet they seem to offer decent service. :/

• Just space it out. Nothing to do with having it all in 1 page. You can still spread it out and just use anchor links instead of href links to other pages.

• @concerto49 What parts are cramped? I was thinking maybe the homepage features, but there already is a lot of space.

• You've got 12 features on 1/2 a page. It's so blah that I don't bother reading it. I'm sure that's how the others feel. Just being honest.

• @lele0108 Yeah. Make them 3 across, or have arrows on the sides that switch to a different "slide"?

edited September 2012
  • It's better. Wish I have those icons and the design. Meaning to work on a website too.

• Much better, however how do you plan on expanding them to show extra details?

• @SimpleNode said: Much better, however how do you plan on expanding them to show extra details?

Not sure, if I expand each one, it would look weird. If I expand a role, well, not sure where to put the expand button.

Perhaps I might just dump them on a different page. Whole point of the site was dead simple.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited September 2012

@lele0108 said: Not sure, if I expand each one, it would look weird. If I expand a role, well, not sure where to put the expand button.

Perhaps I might just dump them on a different page. Whole point of the site was dead simple.

Hmm... Possibly have large icons with small text under them, like this;

vu

Then, when it's clicked, it will fade (or other fancy jquery transition) to what it was before;

vu2

• @SimpleNode Hmm, not a bad idea. I would probably have to replace all the icons with Pictos though.

Not exactly sure how to do it, I'm definitely not boostrap/coding expert, I mostly focus on design.

• 1) I dislike the reuse of the same icons. Use different icons for each tidbit
    2) "Full root access" & "Install anything"... These essentially describe every vps/dedicated server
    3) I think "Upgrades anytime" should be changed to "Upgrade anytime"... Both are fine, but on first glance "Upgrades anytime" sounds off.

Other than that, I like it :)

• @telephone said: I dislike the reuse of the same icons. Use different icons for each tidbit

Laziness D:

@telephone said: "Full root access" & "Install anything"... These essentially describe every vps/dedicated server

Market's a bit novice, so just added those in for those peeps who don't know

@telephone said: 3) I think "Upgrades anytime" should be changed to "Upgrade anytime"... Both are fine, but on first glance "Upgrades anytime" sounds off.

Hehe, whhhyyyyyyy

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

The name confuses me. {nod} but the domain is NODEondemand?

• @Nick_A said: The name confuses me. {nod} but the domain is NODEondemand?

NodeOnDemand - NOD.

• @Nick_A said: The name confuses me. {nod} but the domain is NODEondemand?

Yea, it's NodeOnDemand. Or like NODeonDemand. Or whatever you want to perceive it as.

• Seems fancy but this is for enterprise purpose, not your resume or profile.
    See how other successful companies' websites such as chicagovps, buyvm, and linode are.
    They have all their information clean, short, and clearly on first page.
    It's just my personal opinion though.

• How about making page like prgmr.com ? I really love that concept... :D

edited September 2012

@Rikimaru90

I actually tried that once, it was a HUGE flop. Sales were horrible.

@Jun But what about:

mediatemple
    singlehop
    liquidweb

etc.etc.

• @lele0108
    Well, I mean their super simple website design, not their service... :D
    Anyway, about your site design, I think you can give your product's spec in left column, and some benefit in right column. So everybody can see what you actually sell and it's benefit, of course, in only one page design... (just a suggestion)