Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confusion about Kimsufi bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Confusion about Kimsufi bandwidth

Hello everyone!

Kimsufi states that they provide 100 Mbps (being still new to the world of dedicated/vps) what does that mean? 100 Mbps UP+DOWN or 100 UP and 100 DOWN?

If the last case is correct, can I upload at 10 Mbyte/s and upload at the same rate for a total of 20 Mbyte/s without receiving complaints from Kimsufi?

Thanks ;)

Comments

• 100 up, 100 down. With overhead on a 100mbps connection you're looking at roughly 11.2MB/s upload & 11.2MB/s download.

I haven't pushed a Kimsufi past a consistent 50Mbps for a given month, but I doubt you'd get any complaints if you used the full 100 up & down. I haven't heard of anyone getting in trouble using the promised bandwidth.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • Cool! So theoretically I would be able to use full bandwidth (100+100) in upload and download.

Thanks!

• No issues at all using the full bandwidth, and you can use upload and download at the same time.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • Very good, so 100 + 100 :) Thank you!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Issam2204 said: Very good, so 100 + 100 :) Thank you!

Let the anime torrents loose!

• Hahaha, you got me Nekki :)

• 100MB up and 100MB down
    I have bought one for pt,the server is running on almost full network load(both up and down) for about 2 months(7*24),and comes no errors,no alerts,no complaints.It's just nothing.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • Well, thank you for your precious experience :-)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I must get around to setting this up too, got a couple of spare KS-1's acting as 'warm' servers, but they're just sitting idle unless I need them so I'm going to make use of them I think.

Thanked by 1Issam2204