Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CHINA / Chinese - Direct ChinaTelecom AS4134 or CN2 AS4809 bandwidth - do you need some?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CHINA / Chinese - Direct ChinaTelecom AS4134 or CN2 AS4809 bandwidth - do you need some?

I am working on turning up DIRECT ports to ChinaTelecom and CN2 (CT Next Generation) in Los Angeles and the higher commitment amount and bandwidth usage we have, the easier and cheaper it gets for everyone.

If you read this and could benefit from direct routes and ports to CT and CN2 and can commit to a certain level of bandwidth or can bring a certain amount of usage over - please contact me ASAP!

[email protected] is my email

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD

Comments

• While this would solve SOME congestion issues you will not see extreme performance increases - Some Chinese oversubscription is at the end-user (FTTC/ADSL) network, not at the backbone level and their links to LAX are surely high loaded as always.

Thanked by 1hawc
  • tommytommy Member

good luck by asking on LET

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Sounds great for VPN!

• It's said these bandwiths are oversold ?

• @William said:
    While this would solve SOME congestion issues you will not see extreme performance increases - Some Chinese oversubscription is at the end-user (FTTC/ADSL) network, not at the backbone level and their links to LAX are surely high loaded as always.

That's mainly in East Part of China (Hua Dong), where ISPs offer "100Mbps+".

In these area the bandwidth is heavily oversold.

• CN2... I think uplink per VM may not exceed 10Mbps...

• Just looking for some bigger providers who run their own networks OR perhaps someone has their own projects/websites/business that needs good connectivity and high bandwidth to China.

You never know who you will run across that is reading LET! :)

and FYI - there is absolutely no substitution for DIRECT ports to CT/CU. You will never get as good performance as a direct port going through ANY other transit or peer.
    Just the way the game is played with Chinese ISP's now and for the last several years.

• Unless it's the $60-100/mbit offering, direct ports or not is pretty much the same. There are multiple version of these "direct ports" and some are worse than not direct. Like some have said - not sure if it helps.

• and FYI - there is absolutely no substitution for DIRECT ports to CT/CU. You will never get as good performance as a direct port going through ANY other transit or peer

Depending on congestion (especially in Chinese evenings) PCCW (US->HK->CN) works better than direct ports (US->CN)- On other times Krypts blend (CN2, via HK) is better while both PCCW and direct sucks. Chinese traffic quality is not really predictable.

CT/CU links to US are on the limits - A direct port will not resolve that.

• Maybe you may consider CM direct connect, according to my clients' test, the CT/CU direct link to US is not as good as imagined, tested from UBI,MC,PEER1 and Krypt. But CM may have better performance as their abroad traffic is not as large as the others, and having good abroad connection via their HK POP. furthermore, there seems no provider offering the CM direct link at the moment, and route CT/CU traffic through CM like Psychz/Krypt did before.

• CT/CU in China are overselling too much, many home users having >20M FFTH, but the whole capacity stay the same as before, the speed at night with them maybe a nightmare.

• @catding said:
    Maybe you may consider CM direct connect, according to my clients' test, the CT/CU direct link to US is not as good as imagined, tested from UBI,MC,PEER1 and Krypt. But CM may have better performance as their abroad traffic is not as large as the others, and having good abroad connection via their HK POP. furthermore, there seems no provider offering the CM direct link at the moment, and route CT/CU traffic through CM like Psychz/Krypt did before.

This only works if CM has very good peering and extra open capacity with CT/CU -- I do not know or think that is the case.
    Do you have data or evidence to show otherwise? Because a direct CM port is something I am looking at as well (and is a lot easier than CT/CU)

• BAKABAKA Member

@catding said:
    Maybe you may consider CM direct connect, according to my clients' test, the CT/CU direct link to US is not as good as imagined, tested from UBI,MC,PEER1 and Krypt. But CM may have better performance as their abroad traffic is not as large as the others, and having good abroad connection via their HK POP. furthermore, there seems no provider offering the CM direct link at the moment, and route CT/CU traffic through CM like Psychz/Krypt did before.

The connection between CM and CT/CU is even worse than that of CT between China and US.

• BAKA said: The connection between CM and CT/CU is even worse than that of CT between China and US.

this

• Yup routing around Japan and back could be faster than direct sometimes.

• the problem has improved a lot in most area. what am I doing now is setting up a node in CM to connect Asia area for CT/CU clients, and the results is excellent at this time. but havn't test in US yet, cause there few provider provide CM direct link.

@BAKA said:
    The connection between CM and CT/CU is even worse than that of CT between China and US.

• wish you can setup a best China optimized DC, but according to your site http://320tb.com, your price is not cheap... compared with psychz,egi,ubi and krypt.

@ItsChrisG said:
    Do you have data or evidence to show otherwise? Because a direct CM port is something I am looking at as well (and is a lot easier than CT/CU)

• @catding said:
    the problem has improved a lot in most area. what am I doing now is setting up a node in CM to connect Asia area for CT/CU clients, and the results is excellent at this time. but havn't test in US yet, cause there few provider provide CM direct link.

Where did you setup the node for direct CM? Is the upstream only CM?
    Do you have test IP? I want to run traceroutes and see.

• Direct CT ports don't do a lot against congestion on their own network. No protection against them randomly changing return paths around either.

The last few years have been interesting, most of the big tier ones have gone from heavily congested CT ports to 'ok' CT ports -- the congestion just appears to have been internalized.

If you want to do it 'right,' get a wave into HKG / CN direct (latter is fairly impossible), and buy there -- it seems to fare better, almost.

Unforunately however, CT pricing is not manageable like it is in the US in those regions (expect 60/mbit at least in HKG, China no comment).

• Hi we are using Anhui Province ChinaMobile network node, to connect SG,JP area, and it is great so far.
    Which ip do you need?

@ItsChrisG said:
    Do you have test IP? I want to run traceroutes and see.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited April 2015

@catding said:
    wish you can setup a best China optimized DC, but according to your site http://320tb.com, your price is not cheap... compared with psychz,egi,ubi and krypt.

@catding few things:

1) 320TB is not launched yet, it will be soon though after we finish more development of customer portal :)

2) Just 1 company you listed can be "china optimized", I think and that is Krypt.

3) I am working on setting up best China optimized DC with CT, CU and CM, and a bit of CN2 in Los Angeles. This will be available through special website only for Chinese customers (website will only be in Mandarin, support from Chinese techs, sales from Chinese agents). Pricing will be as competitive as possible based on the cost to provide this excellent Chinese performance.

Sneak peak at the logo:

• that's great, wish your price may not exceed our budget.
    we are using UBI CT/CU direct link, EGI China Optimezed servers and Psychz who offer good connection with CU. and some others like Versaweb who don't have much better performance but have cheap addon ips.

@ItsChrisG said:
    Sneak peak at the logo:

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Your logo reminds me PacificRack :P

@ItsChrisG said:
    Sneak peak at the logo:

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @catding said:
    Your logo reminds me PacificRack :P

With good reason, Chris was a part of that group / PacificRack / OC3Networks and Ilan back in the day : http://complaintwire.org/complaint/DpkBAAAAAAA/oc3networks-pacificrack-4fibertech-webzooloo-and

Good times!

• Gotta love the Internet for spreading rumors and bullshit!

• @ItsChrisG said:
    Gotta love the Internet for spreading rumors and bullshit!

What When there is multiple ripoffreports about you? :)

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QUadranet/Los-Angeles-California-90017/Quadranet-Ilan-Mishan-Michelle-Mishan-George-Becerra-Chris-Gotzmann-Michael-Sanduval-1096355

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited April 2015

Yeah, because if any of those were legit, I'd still be around and a free man - not to mention the other huge company involved that i dont want to name.

as if we are ghosts that no one could find if they were serious.

you can find me in downtown LA many days a week - feel free to come and talk to me if you think you've been 'ripped off'.

hey @clamhost go troll elsewhere

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited April 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    Yeah, because if any of those were legit, I'd still be around and a free man - not to mention the other huge company involved that i dont want to name.

as if we are ghosts that no one could find if they were serious.

you can find me in downtown LA many days a week - feel free to come and talk to me if you think you've been 'ripped off'.

hey clamhost go troll elsewhere

I don't want to discuss it much either. as a certain individual in that ripoff report has us held in a NDA.

Have a nice day anyway

• @ItsChrisG said:
    Sneak peak at the logo:

Offer services in Mandarin, and company is based in US?

Looking forward.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BAKABAKA Member

@catding said:
    that's great, wish your price may not exceed our budget.
    we are using UBI CT/CU direct link, EGI China Optimezed servers and Psychz who offer good connection with CU. and some others like Versaweb who don't have much better performance but have cheap addon ips.

Psychz... Have tried their YardVPS.

The connection could be good half of time. But the technique is quite poor.

I doubt if they have any technical support orher than one customer suppprt, though they appear to have several "engineers".