Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Translate Blesta - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help Translate Blesta

2»

Comments

• Thanked by 2TheLonely earl
  • Thanked by 2Traffic earl
  • earlearl Member

@jvnadr

Didn't realize crap was going for $7.99/pound!! All this time I was flushing it down the toilet!

Thanked by 2jvnadr deadbeef
  • @earl said:

Once GVH closed down, it went up $0.99 a month. Teehee.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • earl said: crap was going for $7.99/pound

Yeah, fresh does. Frozen is much cheaper, though... And you can use it for puffing the fucked exploded duck!

• earlearl Member

@Steven_F @jvnadr

Hahahhaa.. :P

• Back to topic - I will not translate but I will proofread (hope they do that!) if they let me, the Spanish (Spain) version. Mostly because of my own mental health :) (if you've ever had to deal with a translated interface, you'll get what I mean)

• FiddeFidde Member

I really love Transifex. After using tranifex to translate some projects, I'd never want to use any other translation tool :)
    If I remeber correctly Blesta uses some own developed translation system that only allows for one string to be translated at a time which makes it really painful to translate an entire system.

• I had to look... and it was a bad idea :(

Come on guys, seriously? Who did this? I seriously hope it was an automated translator, and NOT the current status...

$lang['Accounts.getCcTypes.disc'] = "Descubrir";

For those not fluent in Spanish, the translator literally translated "Discover" (the credit card type) as "Descubrir" ("to discover" in English).

• Traffic said: For those not fluent in Spanish, the translator literally translated "Discover" (the credit card type) as "Descubrir" ("to discover" in English).

Have you ever seen one of those phishing mails that supposed to sent from a bank and asking details about your account? Google translator is like a God compared to those. Bottom line: for a serious project, even for a language that will gain only one client, you have to be professional. Because even if 1 see a translation like "Fuck Vegetables" (see photos before this post) can humiliate your company in any tech forum...

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @jvnadr said:
    "Fuck Vegetables" (see photos before this post) can humiliate your company in any tech forum...

I can see it working great in a steak house :D

• deadbeef said: I can see it working great in a steak house

As long as it is not self-service! I wouldn't like the guy next table to "prepare" his duck to explode... :-P

Thanked by 2deadbeef Traffic
  • @jvnadr said:
    Have you ever seen one of those phishing mails that supposed to sent from a bank and asking details about your account? Google translator is like a God compared to those. Bottom line: for a serious project, even for a language that will gain only one client, you have to be professional. Because even if 1 see a translation like "Fuck Vegetables" (see photos before this post) can humiliate your company in any tech forum...

Exact. And even that one client can earn you in its lifetime many times what you spent on translating his language. He might even tell his colleagues, etc. instead of laughing at you because you made up 3 new card brands, and none of them is his. Nor exists.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • pphillips said: The more people translating a specific language, the more accurate it becomes.

The opinion of a professional translation is worth a thousand times whatever other people might have written.

In almost every country, the average Joe is not qualified to translate something as critical as a billing system. I'll repeat, a billing system.

We're handling money here. You need professional, qualified translators who make sure each button and label means what it's supposed to, in the context it's supposed to, with a coherent style guide (not adding Caps Wherever i want To or I Feel Like It's Cool) and easy to understand.

That said, I'm a qualified translator for EN->ES. Just in case :)

• mintmint Member

visar, carta maestra, descubrir!

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

@themt said:
    visar, carta maestra, descubrir!

Ah, I can see you also enjoyed reading through the Spanish translation :)

Thanked by 1mint
  • themt said: visar, carta maestra, descubrir!

Obviously, Spanish is not so important language to get proffesional translators...

• @jvnadr said:
    Obviously, Spanish is not so important language to get proffesional translators...

Yea you don't need professional Spanish translations. Its totally NOT the second most spoken language in the world.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

@jvnadr said:

That's a fact. Else this is not understandable:

<?php
    $lang['ClientDialog.confirm.text_yes'] = "Si"; // <<<<< should have been "Sí"
    $lang['ClientDialog.confirm.text_no'] = "No";
    ?>

"Si" should have been "Sí" (note the diacritic). If not even "Yes" and "No" are properly translated...

• @Jonchun

pphillips said: We are not opposed to paying for good translations, however if we were to do so it would only be for a handful of the most commonly used languages.

• If he was marketing savvy, he'd have done it in a way that would cost him zero and buyers would beg him to let them help him.

• mintmint Member

I've never seen agregar in Spain Spanish Translations...

$lang['Namecheap.add_module_row'] = "Agregar cuenta";

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

@themt said:
    I've never seen agregar in Spain Spanish Translations...

$lang['Namecheap.add_module_row'] = "Agregar cuenta";

Technically it's correct, but "Añadir" is less complex and way more used.

Thanked by 1mint
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

In Spain, this is what we think when we read "salvar":

(Rescue)

$lang['Cron.backups_amazons3.attempt'] = "Intentando salvar la información en AmazonS3";

Literal meaning: "Trying to rescue data in AmazonS3"

Found another gem:

$lang['Cron.deliverreports.aging_invoices.attachment_fail'] = "No se puede generar el envejecimiento apego informe Facturas.";

I have absolutely no idea about what this might mean. It frightens me...

Thanked by 2mint deadbeef
  • mintmint Member

This is mess...

$lang['Interworx.add_module_row'] = "Agregar Servidor";
    $lang['Interworx.add_module_group'] = "Añadir grupo de servidores";

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

@themt said:
    This is mess...

$lang['Interworx.add_module_row'] = "Agregar Servidor";
    $lang['Interworx.add_module_group'] = "Añadir grupo de servidores";

Exactly what I meant. No style guide, caps wherever the translator feels like it, using different words to say the same when he feels like it... (agregar/añadir)

$lang['Invoices.status.void'] = "Vacío";

I've never seen an "Empty" invoice.

Thanked by 1mint
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I can do portuguese translation, although I'd need a free license to do it!

Since Blesta isn't free, wouldn't make sense to contribute for free as well.

Thanked by 2Jonchun Traffic
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

pphillips said: We are not opposed to paying for good translations, however if we were to do so it would only be for a handful of the most commonly used languages.

If I do Swedish, would that be eligible for a lifetime license?

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @MrGeneral said:

As has been stated, contact Blesta. They've done this in the past.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Steven_F said:
    As has been stated, contact Blesta. They've done this in the past.

Thanks Steven, will do :-).