Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Translate Blesta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help Translate Blesta

Hey, I thought I'd just toss this out there. Blesta has a public translation project going. If we could get more people to help translate, then we could definitely complete a bunch of the packs! Why not take a few minutes and translate a few pieces of Blesta to help your fellow community members?

http://translate.blesta.com/

Comments

• tommytommy Member

hell no :D

buy their software and then help them to translate their software for free.

• @tommy said:
    hell no :D

buy their software and then help them to translate their software for free.

ikr? lol

• @tommy said:

The translations aren't for them, it's for us (the community). They don't lose out if they don't have a translation pack, but we do.

• @Steven_F

If I translate my Blesta installation, I get the international clients but you don't because you don't have my translation pack. Or you have a badly translated one which is worse than having it just in English.

See where I'm going?

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited April 2015

@Traffic said:

Then don't contribute. I've instructed my international and multi-lingual staff to contribute. You don't have to.

Edit:
    Just because you run a business, doesn't mean you have to be a jerk.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @Steven_F said:
    Just because you run a business, doesn't mean you have to be a jerk.

Of course :) But I won't give away a professional translation, which has been proofread to death, to competitors just to be nice, when my clients are the only ones feeling truly at home right now. You can, of course - everyone is different. That's the beauty of human nature.

Thanked by 1asf
  • @Traffic said:

Sure is, but let me just say this. Most of the successful companies that advertise on this website are run by good people. Delimeter (@MarkTurner), @QPS (I don't know your name, sorry), et cetera. Very helpful, very giving people.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

@Steven_F said:
    Sure is, but let me just say this. Most of the successful companies that advertise on this website are run by good people. Delimeter (@MarkTurner), QPS (I don't know your name, sorry), et cetera. Very helpful, very giving people.

So you consider that me being a capitalist makes me a bad person?

And I'm helpful, you can check my post history and you'll see I help people whenever I can. I won't make full projects like this translation for free, but helping people is something I like to do, even though I'm not always able to (due to lack of expertise in that area).

I know you are a nice guy. I've seen you around and even am one of your clients.

But if you think that giving things away is being nice, then we have a different concept of niceness, helpfulness and being a good person.

• @Traffic said:

This isn't giving anything away. If you don't want to, don't do it. End of story. It's about helping others. You're under no obligation and not contributing doesn't make you a bad person in any way, shape, or form. On the opposite end, helping is just nice.

Also, trust me, having a translated billing panel doesn't get you clients as well as providing awesome service and pricing. ;)

• @Steven_F said:

The amount of contradictions in your posts in this thread is absolutely amazing.

Helping translate an open source, community project is one thing. Doing work for free so blesta can profit off it? Yea no. You can insist its a community thing all you want, but blesta will still profit from your work for free no matter how you phrase it.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2015

DO NOT help on translation or anything else in closed source commercial products. If they want to gain clients/popularity, then they should pay for it just exactly you are paying for using their product.

Instead, use your time and creatibility for translate/contribute/help open source and non-commercial products. Much better helping, e.g., free payment gateways to evolve and become strong alternatives to blesta.

This is the logic behind Linux and any other open source product. This is the power of it - OWR power.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I think people are missing a great opportunity for fun here.

Random Internet Person: "Hey Blesta, here is my translation of your product into Urdu."

Blesta: "Thanks!"

Urdu speaker: "Hey, why is the Blesta installer saying my mother smells like a dead goat?"

• @raindog308 said:

I mean, Blesta doesn't lie... :P

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

Random Internet Person: "Hey Blesta, here is my translation of your product into Urdu."

Urdu speaker: "Hey, why is the Blesta installer saying my mother smells like a dead goat?"

You would never do that though, because you're a nice person.

The translator project is intended to make it easier for people to translate Blesta into other languages for their purpose as well as others. We realize not everyone will want to participate, and that's fine. If your time is better spent working on open source projects, playing frisbee, or fragging noobs in Counter-Strike that's cool. All of those sound better to me than doing translations, but I'm not multi-lingual so that sort of rules me out anyway.

It's a tool, use it if you want. We'll be making some improvements to it soon that will increase coverage. The more people translating a specific language, the more accurate it becomes.

Cheers

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

pphillips said: You would never do that though, because you're a nice person.

Also, I don't speak Urdu.

• Someone share with me a Chinese/Mandarin Blesta translation :)

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2015

@raindog308 said:
    Also, I don't speak Urdu.

That's not a deal breaker for making an Urdu "translation" :D

Thanked by 2raindog308 Lee
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2015

@pphillips said:
    We realize not everyone will want to participate, and that's fine.

I'm pretty sure paid translators would be very happy to "participate". We realize that some companies prefer free services instead of paid ones, and that's fine.

• tommytommy Member

jvnadr said: DO NOT help on translation or anything else in closed source commercial products. If they want to gain clients/popularity, then they should pay for it just exactly you are paying for using their product.

or

deadbeef said: I'm pretty sure paid translators would be very happy to "participate". We realize that some companies prefer free services instead of paid ones, and that's fine.

I do many translation for open source project, but for commercial product not free. ;)

Thanked by 2linuxthefish jvnadr
  • Hindi is missing :(

• @eversmile_host said:
    Hindi is missing :(

Why are you sad? You should always be smiling! :D

• @Traffic said:
    Why are you sad? You should always be smiling! :D

that's a Hindi smile!

Thanked by 2Traffic lifehome
  • It would be nice to add up zh_HK for Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong) in the translation list, I got mine locally served, but not ready to upload/somewhat cuz there's no official support on this. ;( what a shame.

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited April 2015
  • @Spencer said:

I'm being domain squatted and I'm in contact with an attorney. Which reminds me, I need to find out if I can claim legal fees, which would make this all the better.

• NomadNomad Member

My my...

No master file and a bunch of php files...
    That's a time consumer indeed.

Can't you simplify it and collect all phrases at one master file to distribute all those files? That'll benefit both parties and saves people to not translate the same thing over and over. (:

Thanked by 1perennate
  • NomadNomad Member

@raindog308 said:

Once that kind of thing happened with Facebook Turkish translation when members of a mischievous forum took the liberty of helping out Facebook with translations.

Lots of swear words were flying around, or so I heard.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @Nomad probably @pphillips doesn't have money to purchase translation platform for his project https://crowdin.com/pricing

• alexvolk said: @pphillips doesn't have money to purchase translation platform for his project

There are times that small companies in growth need help from customers or potential customers to evolve their products. That would be fine, if the company, @pphillips in owr case, gave something back to them. E.g., if a member translate a language, will get 1 year of free blesta licence and a discount for life. This wat, he could gain even more customers. No one after a whole year of using the product would drop it for another platform, if he is happy with it. But he is only asking free work for a commercial product without giving anything back...

Thanked by 2deadbeef NeoXiD
  • pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@jvnadr said:
    There are times that small companies in growth need help from customers or potential customers to evolve their products. That would be fine, if the company, pphillips in owr case, gave something back to them. E.g., if a member translate a language, will get 1 year of free blesta licence and a discount for life. This wat, he could gain even more customers. No one after a whole year of using the product would drop it for another platform, if he is happy with it. But he is only asking free work for a commercial product without giving anything back...

We had a few people reach out to us to barter a license for translation effort and have taken them up on their offer.

We are not opposed to paying for good translations, however if we were to do so it would only be for a handful of the most commonly used languages. Crowdsourced translation would still be the most reliable way to provide translations in languages that don't meet that criteria. It's a cost factor, sure. If 5 users speak Ardu, it doesn't make sense to spend thousands on providing a professional translation.

Someone recommended unbabel.com, crowdin.com looks cheaper.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu