Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FYI - Only my Google e-mails work for e-mail confirmation. :(
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FYI - Only my Google e-mails work for e-mail confirmation. :(

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
edited July 2011 in General

I tried using my normal e-mail for my account but never received a confirmation e-mail. After using one of my Google Apps based e-mails I got the confirmation e-mail right away. Just a heads up.

Comments

• vldvld Member

Yahoo! Mail worked here.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

Worked fine to my cPanel hosted email account, which all are, never trust your email to the evil empire!

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I'm using a shared web host for my e-mail but I have confirmed that Spam Assassin is disabled for the domain so unless the host is doing any spam filtering I'm hoping it's not on my end. :(

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

So what you are saying is you don't have root on any of the boxes hosting your email? Scary

• GMX worked fine for me.

I have root access to the boxes that are important to me, my catch-all spam e-mail is not important to me. :P

• The problem is with the new IP address of LowEndBox it has no rDNS records. I'll try to get it sorted out. This testing site is not going to stay here for long though -- the frequent notification polling seems to be quite heavy on the server.

• @KuJoe -- with your email address, I am getting

451 Could not complete sender verify callout

In the logs. Maybe you need to reconfigure exim to be more relaxed about it? This VPS does not take SMTP in-bound.

It's probably my host's setup. I will setup my own mail servers to remedy this. Thanks!

• drmikedrmike Member

Looks like you may be able to do it on your end as well, LEA:

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18004

That is if you want to.

• I think you need to make sure your mail daemon is listening on port 25 and has the sending domain as a domain it accepts mail from. You can set relay_to_domains but not add it as a MX record and this should be fixed.

• yomeroyomero Member

Got a mail in my hotmail account n_n

• @dmmcintyre3 -- yeah but I don't want to open port 25 to everyone so I can receive emails.

I think what needs to be done is actually setting the MX record for lowendtalk.com to point to something that actually accept email on behalf of this domain. I'll get a shared hosting account to do that...

• gianggiang Veteran

Got an email in my Gmail spambox =(

• VictorVictor Member

Yea, the verification email went to my Gmail spam box as well.

• SteveSteve Member

I also got the e-mail through on my Hotmail account... not in spam box.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

hey whats up, bumping old threads? /justbored :(

• DStroutDStrout Member

I have a strong dislike (putting it mildly) for people who clutter the LET home page with old junk threads. Just saying.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Lol

• @LowEndAdmin said: no rDNS records

I am a proponent myself, even if they are not forward confirmed Comcast will reject if they do not exist, tested.