Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for US based offers. DDoS protected.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for US based offers. DDoS protected.

JonchunJonchun Member
edited April 2015 in Requests

Looking for a DDoS-protected VPS located in the US.

Requirements: (THESE ARE STRICT. NO EXCEPTIONS)

• DDOS Protected
  • Located in US (Los Angeles/West Coast preferred
  • Must be a registered business (Listed on D&B, has a company ID I can look up, etc etc)
  • <$10/month (negotiable up to 25/month)
  • While HA hosting is not required, a company like RamNode that has spectacular uptime history would be great. (Please do not recommend RN. I have services with them and I'm just looking for another company in order to not put all my eggs in one basket)
  • KVM/Xen. NO OVZ

Specs:
Minimum 512MB RAM.

Will be used for a dns only cPanel install. Standard specs will be more than enough.

Thanked by 1Nick_A

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Kujoe 's SecureDragon.net is $10.99/month for 512MB DDOS-protected. That's Portland, Oregon.

@Francisco's BuyVM.net is $5.95/month for 512MB + $3/mo for DDOS protection = $8.95/mo. Closest to west coast would be Vegas.

Both are real businesses (BuyVM is Canada-based).

• RizRiz Member

@nexmark may have something in Seattle.

• @raindog308 said:
    Kujoe 's SecureDragon.net is $10.99/month for 512MB DDOS-protected. That's Portland, Oregon.

Francisco's BuyVM.net is $5.95/month for 512MB + $3/mo for DDOS protection = $8.95/mo. Closest to west coast would be Vegas.

Both are real businesses (BuyVM is Canada-based).

Already have something with BuyVM. Thank you for the SecureDragon reccommendation. They look like my best bet so far.

• @Riz said:
    nexmark may have something in Seattle.

They've tried contacting me with unsolicited offers before. Not too eager to be dealing with a company that allows that.

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited April 2015

Our KVMH512 offer at £2.50 ($3.96) per month in Las Vegas might suit? 2 CPU Cores / 512mb RAM & SWAP / 20GB Disk and 2TB Bandwidth. DDoS Protection is included.

• Any reason you need 512MB? You most likely only need ~256mb for dns only.

Just checked one our shared cPanel dns only servers and it's using 32mb.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@Patrick said:
    Any reason you need 512MB? You most likely only need ~256mb for dns only.

Just checked one our shared cPanel dns only servers and it's using 32mb.

I've had issues getting cpanel dns only to install on a 256mbvps. I just wanted to be safe.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited April 2015

@Jonchun if you are putting together a dns cluster, why not put part of it in Europe?

I've had issues getting cpanel dns only to install on a 256mbvps. I just wanted to be safe.

it's possible, if a different virtualization platform is used. For instance, cloudmin can have 64MB OVZ running w/o memory issue whereas Solus can't.

• @century1stop said:
    Jonchun if you are putting together a dns cluster, why not put part of it in Europe?

I have europe set. As for whether things being possible or not I realize it's possible. But as already mentioned, I prefer to be safe.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited April 2015

Hi,

ClamHost can offer you this in Los Angeles from $6m/o you can check our offer here

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/50340/clamhost-la-kvm-hdd-768mb-ram-35gb-storage-1tb-traffic-20gbps-ddos-mitigation-6m-o#latest

I see that you are worried about downtime. And so are we! we try to keep our servers as stable as we can.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Hi,

I can offer you 512Mb RAM with 64Mb SWAP for $2.50 per month. The virtualization is KVM as well :)

PM me if you are interested.