Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare question

BuyAdsBuyAds Member

Hello Guys.

If i add 5 sites in cloudflare (same cpanel account) will they have the same IP?

Thank you!

Comments

• I doubt you get the same IP if you use cloudflare. It uses the random IP addresses.

• AFAIK Cloudflare does dynamic IP location allocation, so IPs change according to the vistors location (cloudlflare sends traffic through their servers located closest to the visitor)

• No, mine do not!

• It's based on where you ping to your website. I ping some of my websites using CloudFlare from my computer, they have the same IP address. If I use a VPS somewhere to ping, they have different IP addresses.

• rokokrokok Member

Anycast

Thanked by 1rahulks
  • Better question... why's it matter? Unless you're Ted Cruz running a presidential campaign, it really shouldn't matter.

Thanked by 1rokok
  • BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited April 2015

Am planing to run a PNB, and a user in my last thread said if I use cloudflare i get different ips for each site. I wanted to be sure.

Edit: Am Clinton fan :)

• BuyAds said: Am planing to run a PNB

Don't bother with that SEO rubbish...

Thanked by 1Rallias
  • rokokrokok Member

Punjab National Bank? ;p

Thanked by 1rahulks
  • J1021J1021 Member

@Rolter said:
    AFAIK Cloudflare does dynamic IP location allocation, so IPs change according to the vistors location (cloudlflare sends traffic through their servers located closest to the visitor)

They use anycast, not GeoDNS. IPs remain the same across the globe.

Thanked by 2Rolter cnbeining
  • @kcaj said:
    They use anycast, not GeoDNS. IPs remain the same across the globe.

This is why i love LET , so many knowledgeable folks here like you @kcaj