Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM 2? Is it ever coming?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM 2? Is it ever coming?

trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/SolusVM+Version+2+Information

The above link states that it was coming early 2015, we are almost at the mid way point. Does anyone have any more information on the upgrades to expect or when it will actually be released?

Brendan

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2015

No. :)

Last updated Feb 02, 2015 12:39 - wasn't that before they were bought out by OnApp?

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Email received on Feb 25

• Come on people, I thought we knew this already... Soon :)

• Maybe ask @NullMind

• ColoCrossing soon style

• It is coming gents :) the devs are hard at work on it, sorry we don't have a solid ETA just yet, but soon !

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@NullMind said:
    It is coming gents :) the devs are hard at work on it, sorry we don't have a solid ETA just yet, but soon !

Good to know! Any chance you could tell us some of the major differences between this and the current version?

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

trewq said: Good to know! Any chance you could tell us some of the major differences between this and the current version?

The whole structure is different to V1, It's split into 3 main packages - End User, Admin and Engine and all can be installed separately in different locations. The End User package is optional (you can use your own), however it would be a shame if you didn't use it :)

Without giving too much away at this stage:

Ignore the color bar at the bottom it won't show in production. It will only show when in demo mode.

All in all development has progressed pretty well and we should be rolling out the End User packages to the larger hosts shortly for testing.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • @SolusVM Beta plz :-)

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2015

@SolusVM Do you have any plans for limited free licenses for strictly personal use of creating 2-3 vm's? It would be nice for non-proffesionals, vps enthusiasts to play and learn using your software in their personal machine, not fos selling.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Two screenshots in this thread that get me a bit excited. These little teasers imply a positive development path. Looking forward to playing with v2 for sure.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Look forward to seeing a new backup system. Any progress on that?

Thanked by 2Nick_A Infinity
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

ryanarp said: Look forward to seeing a new backup system. Any progress on that?

Same.

• @SolusVM 1 feature I would like to see is support for routed networking such as with OVH. Virtualizor has thsi featurure since 2012. And I don't think it is something difficult to accomplish :)

http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Setup_OVH

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

vpslegend said: @SolusVM 1 feature I would like to see is support for routed networking such as with OVH. Virtualizor has thsi featurure since 2012. And I don't think it is something difficult to accomplish :)

Funny you should say this. We've had a few OVH servers up for a while now testing a different method and no issues so far. Our method requires no additional configuration and as far as OVH are concerned they have no problems with the way we are doing it.

[root@ns******* ~]# uptime 13:41:11 up 75 days, 2:49, 1 user, load average: 0.18, 0.08, 0.07 [root@ns******* ~]# xl list Name ID Mem VCPUs State Time(s) Domain-0 0 1023 8 r----- 67232.5 vm105 13 1024 4 -b---- 2900.5 vm107 24 1024 4 -b---- 29473.4 [root@ns******* ~]#

Both those VM's are using the same method of connectivity and have had a constant flow of inbound/outbound traffic for at least 60 days (with the occasional reboot).

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Sorry for bumping. Is there any news @SolusVM @NullMind ? Maybe some ETA?

• ShivamShivam Member

Email received on Feb 25

That looks sweet.

• Wait, so the admin theme is finally responsive for mobile devices?
    It's something that I've been waiting for for a while now :/

• @doghouch said:
    Wait, so the admin theme is finally responsive for mobile devices?
    It's something that I've been waiting for for a while now :/

Yep fully responsive client and backend... it's going to be awesome!

• I can't wait, from a end users point of view.

• I'm eager, but am still wondering how long it will take...

• Just saw this tweet

solusvm.com/v2/

Also they updated their website index says V2 Coming Soon

• spinvpsspinvps Member, Host Rep

Everyone is waiting for :) Hopefully will have no bugs.

• I bet its going to have more options :)

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

2015 almost gone but SolusVM didn't release v2 yet.

• @HostPair said:
    2015 almost gone but SolusVM didn't release v2 yet.

Such necro. Much sad.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

My as well see if there is an update now... @SolusVM

• xavierxavier Member
    edited December 2015

Are they really going to keep prices the same too? Trolling, yes.