Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU providers with Snapshots
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EU providers with Snapshots

Hello folks,

Looking for providers in the EU who offer a snapshot (either automated or on demand) facility with VPS plans. I've got DO and IWstack on the list, but looking for other suggestions.

Cheers.

Thanked by 1dediserve

Comments

• Transip

• RunAbove? (But I am not a fan...)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

TheLonely said: RunAbove? (But I am not a fan...)

On the face of it, might be a good option...why are you not a fan?

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

Runabove is actually really good.. was playing with it yesterday. you can even upload your own ISO and allows you to choose a different kernel..

if you have not signed up yet, google for a coupon first or sign up under someone else so you get some free credit, I was too eager and forgot this step completely.

the only thing I find annoying is the panel is pretty slow. but the vps is super snappy.

• TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited April 2015

@Nekki said:

I posted my ref code in a forum and got ways too much sign-ups (in the end around 600 maybe) and RunAbove/OVH found it suspicious and then they removed my account. I got no chance in coming back to them (not even a mail/ticket/request to verify a single thing as documents, ID, ... which I would do immediately).

• We provide 10GB snapshot storage free with all resource pools.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

TheLonely said: I posted my ref code in a forum and got ways too much sign-ups (in the end around 600 maybe) and RunAbove/OVH found it suspicious and then they removed my account.

OK, so nothing related to instance performance then, thanks.

dediserve said: We provide 10GB snapshot storage free with all resource pools.

Ah yes, I did actually take a look at your offers earlier, forgot to mention them in my OP.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • I'm sure you're aware but you didn't mention it... Vultr?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    I'm sure you're aware but you didn't mention it... Vultr?

Do they have a snapshot facility?

• AmitzAmitz Member

AFAIK, yes. It was in beta mode when I furiously left them some time ago.

• @Nekki said:

Yup.

• yes, vultr allows snapshot and good thing is no need to switch the instance off as in DO

• dedify.com also have option as it is cloudstack

• FalzoFalzo Member

hosteurope offers snapshots, domainfactory/jiffybox does too (both probably not lowend at all)

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

Hello,

We are providing vm based on hyperv or xen.

You can make snapshots on both systems.

Have a look on the links in my signature.

edit: and we are based in France.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

On a slightly related note, do Wable have a snapshot facility yet?

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited April 2015

Nekki said: Do they have a snapshot facility?

Vultr do. They can be taken whilst the system is live and they're currently free in "beta". I've restored and generated snapshots at Vultr 100s of times and never had an issue.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

@Nekki said:
    On a slightly related note, do Wable have a snapshot facility yet?

https://wable.uservoice.com/forums/245224-general/suggestions/5867752-backups-and-snapshots

Very soon™.
    /Edit: Sorry, I missed that the post is from 2014. It is well possible that snapshots are working by now... Would be a great choice, my experience with Wable was very, very, very good!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Amitz said:
    /Edit: Sorry, I missed that the post is from 2014. It is well possible that snapshots are working by now... Would be a great choice, my experience with Wable was very, very, very good!

Yeah, saw the same thing, so curious to know if it was ever implemented; the lack of people coming forward to say yes makes me wonder.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

Let's ask the gods directly: @Incero - Is the snapshot feature at Wable.com already functional?

• Bandwagon does via their in-house developed panel or API.

• scaleway.com ?

• www.scaleway.com does support snapshots :)

• Vultr - The only Snapshot system that worked for me in restore plus it does not need to shutdown the VM (like DO) or even breaks sometimes (like Seflows service)

Thanked by 2J1021 Rapta
  • @Amitz said:
    Let's ask the gods directly: Incero - Is the snapshot feature at Wable.com already functional?

but they have in US only

• AmitzAmitz Member

@praveen said:

Eeeehm. That's right. Sorry, I forgot about that.

• @William said:
    even breaks sometimes (like Seflows service)

What you mean?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Amitz said: Eeeehm. That's right. Sorry, I forgot about that.

I'd still like to know though, I did ask the question about Wable in the first place.

• @William said:
    Vultr - The only Snapshot system that worked for me in restore plus it does not need to shutdown the VM (like DO) or even breaks sometimes

Surely a snapshot system that requires Power off is semi pointless?

• What you mean?

Probably fixed by now, but ~half a year ago i could not restore a snapshot plus no VNC console available made the debug extremely hard.