Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHostingFail Thread
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHostingFail Thread

Shane_ElmoreShane_Elmore Member
edited September 2012 in General

Discuss the upcoming site here.

Damn this site will be epic :D

Comments

• @Spencer said: DepotVPS ?

How embarrasing. :L

But yeah I may be an admin there (unconfirmed yet), which I think is cool considering I almost became one of these fail hosts but turned back realizing that hosts started by young people usually fail.

• @Shane_Elmore said: young people usually fail

D:

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited September 2012

@Shane_Elmore said: young people usually fail.

That's Bullshit.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @DanielM said: Thats Bullshit.

lol, webhosts that younger people start (like teens) usually are summer hosts. That's what I meant. :P

• @Shane_Elmore said: lol, webhosts that younger people start (like teens) usually are summer hosts. That's what I meant. :P

Well it aint true though. I started when i was in my teens. so be careful what you say.

• Maybe you're the exception to the rule. There's still no denying that hosting companies started by teenagers may not be the best choice. No need to have such a chip on your shoulder. It just makes you seem defensive.

• @Soylent said: Maybe you're the exception to the rule. There's still no denying that hosting companies started by teenagers may not be the best choice. No need to have such a chip on your shoulder. It just makes you seem defensive.

It's not just teens and younger people though. There is plenty of fly by hosts (And owned by older people) Look at rackvm, Hostrail, and god knows how many more..

• Can I be admin too? I came up with the idea + domain :)

• Most likely, we should offer public submission that needs to backed up by proof and will have go through admin validation, using let and wht the biggest host drama theater as a referense point. Authors should be anonymous (Identity shouldn't be shared and such)

• plus i think it would be nice if providers such as joe,tim,fran/aldry shares there thought over email

• @Shane_Elmore said: But yeah I may be an admin there (unconfirmed yet), which I think is cool considering I almost became one of these fail hosts but turned back realizing that hosts started by young people usually fail.

And now you want to start a DC.

/me tries to keep a straight face now.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think we should make a non-profit community host to host ourselves :D
    Would be fun, each puts 5 dollars a month and gets to admin the server in turn and have a say about virtualization, modules if needed, firewall, etc.
    A Proxmox will be cool, for example :P
    Just think of all the drama we could see !
    M