Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowendtalk is really slow - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowendtalk is really slow

Comments

• @jbiloh, AJAX controls ("Quote" link, "Edit" pop-up from comments, links from notifications area etc) stopped working. They just send me to URLs assigned, no AJAX processing.

Browser used: Google Chrome v41.

• @Master_Bo said:
    jbiloh, AJAX controls ("Quote" link, "Edit" pop-up from comments, links from notifications area etc) stopped working. They just send me to URLs assigned, no AJAX processing.

Working here O.o

• @linuxthefish said:
    Working here O.o

Ah, I see, that's much better, thanks.

• It use to be a 0.0000000001 second load for me but these days i get that cloudflare ddos protection page and had to reload to get into let

• shellshell Member

@fazar said:

i can access LET via telkomspeedy

Thanked by 1fazar
  • cosmicgate said: It use to be a 0.0000000001 second load for me but these days i get that cloudflare ddos protection page and had to reload to get into let

I'm sure that breaks some law of physics - specifically, the light speed constant.

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Is anyone having trouble now? If so please pm me your ip and the details of your issue.

• @jbiloh said:
    Is anyone having trouble now? If so please pm me your ip and the details of your issue.

If you wouldn't mind turn off "IM UNDER ATTACK" mode and drop it down to the next setting so we dont see that verification page.

• IceCreamIceCream Member
    edited April 2015

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Master_Bo said:
    jbiloh, AJAX controls ("Quote" link, "Edit" pop-up from comments, links from notifications area etc) stopped working. They just send me to URLs assigned, no AJAX processing.

This is happening for me in Firefox 37.0.1. It works in Safari though.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ all, disable Google speed, it breaks everything here.

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    If you wouldn't mind turn off "IM UNDER ATTACK" mode and drop it down to the next setting so we dont see that verification page.

Usually the under attack mode is required. We'll test it soon.

• @jbiloh said:

Whats it required for? L7?

• J1021J1021 Member

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Whats it required for? L7?

Yes. I assume they adjust this setting though.

• i posted my auction thread after 6 captcha verification...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jbiloh said:

Yes - that damn "Checking your browser" message every time I come back to LET after any length of time.

Doesn't matter which IP - home, mobile, at work, etc.

• @raindog308 said:
    Yes - that damn "Checking your browser" message every time I come back to LET after any length of time.

if this browser validation process prevents LET from going down then i dont see why complain about it, unless you prefer random time outs over it.

• edited April 2015

@jbiloh Just switch off CF, and use https://github.com/kyprizel/testcookie-nginx-module

Make it so that cookie expiry is 1 Month. So far, it is working perfectly here with HTTP floods.

@kcaj said:

That's different, it turns out, from the browser integrity test that takes 5 seconds or so.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • Strange, never saw any cloudflare messages on my side.

• Javascripts are very broken, please turn off the auto-minify.

• Everything is fine for me e.o?!

@Mark_R said:
    if this browser validation process prevents LET from going down then i dont see why complain about it, unless you prefer random time outs over it.

This is the only site on the entire Internet where I've ever seen this browser validation silliness. I mean, even the message is goofy - my browser is not actually being validated. Tons of other sites manage DDOS protection without this fail.

Also, ColoCrossing supposedly offers "automated, highly efficient, and expertly crafted DDoS Mitigation Services". So why Cloudflare? Unless CC'd DDOS protection doesn't actually work...

Thanked by 1jar
  • @raindog308 said:

Its RioRey. Shit protection. Arbour is better

• @raindog308 said:
    Also, ColoCrossing supposedly offers "automated, highly efficient, and expertly crafted DDoS Mitigation Services". So why Cloudflare? Unless CC'd DDOS protection doesn't actually work...

the CC protection did work - LET did stay online during the attacks but pageloads were delayed alot. you should not forget that LET is most likely being flooded with alot different attack methods and this definitly will require alot fine-tuning(not everything can be autopiloted obviously.) Maybe they put cloudflare in front of their own protection just to get things smooth again for the visitors while they continue to work on applying the new filters?

• Colocrossing only mitigates up to 120Gbit/s. Maybe the attack was bigger?

@Mark_R said:
    LET is most likely being flooded with alot different attack methods and this definitly will require alot fine-tuning

In other words, "expertly crafted DDoS Mitigation Services"? :-)

• @raindog308 said:
    In other words, "expertly crafted DDoS Mitigation Services"? :-)

attack methods are always evolving and this requires ddos protection services to adapt as they come in, this is not always a simple task.

• Let should at least consider moving static content, such as css, javascript, etc. to an external CDN service and focus on serving the dynamic content internally. Yesterday the dynamic content was working more or less but the css and javascripts were taking forever to load.

@Mark_R said:
    attack methods are always evolving and this requires ddos protection services to adapt as they come in, this is not always a simple task.

I'm quite aware of this...I'm just pointing out that CC's DDOS mitigation claims are BS. If they really knew what they were doing in DDOS mitigation, this site would be a great example of how they can protect anyone from attacks with their vaunted expertise. As it is...they punt to Cloudflare.