Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudCommando has gone downhill.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudCommando has gone downhill.

GunterGunter Member
edited April 2015 in Providers

I signed up for Piwik at CloudCommando 3 months ago.

• January 19th, 2015 - Ordered Piwik
  • January 20th, 2015 - Service activation ticket received, but it doesn't actually work.
  • January 21st, 2015 - Service was not properly activated. Took a day to get around to fixing the problem and properly activated. SSL did not have a valid certificate, because 1. did not use a valid wildcard certificate even though he had one issued already, and 2. reverse proxy was misconfigured. SSL was promised for later.
  • January 29th, 2015 - Asked for SSL to be properly implemented once and for all, Alex complied within the day.
  • February 10th, 2015 - Alexander (0xdragon) informed me it was not possible to enable PHP GeoIP on my Piwik service until he looks into it more, leading to more inaccurate geolocation without MaxMind's GeoIP Database. Ticket placed In Progress, and still is set to In Progress for 2 months as of today.
  • March 11th, 2015 - Service was taken down due to DDoS attacks across CloudCommando infrastructure. No discernible efforts were made to mitigate this attack.
  • March 19th, 2015 - Service starts acting wonky, and site visits are not reliably being recorded by Piwik, as tested with friends and Pingdom's FPT tool. I assume the spottiness is because of a DDoS attack and neglect to open up a ticket.
  • March 23rd, 2015 - Service magically resolves the issue by itself.
  • April 3rd, 2015 - Piwik was migrated to Astute Hosting
  • April 4th, 2015 - Piwik was taken down offline. Logged a ticket, was answered the following day but took 3 days to get Piwik back online.
  • April 7th, 2015 - Piwik was returned offline, but with MySQL exception errors and an invalid SSL certificate. While I can log on, no site visits are being recorded.
  • April 9th, 2015 - Still no reply on fixing MySQL. My Piwik is broken and Alex has seemingly gone dark.

So uh, CloudCommando has gone to shit. Alex, or 0xdragon, seems to be swamped with work and incapable of maintaining the infrastructure needed to keep Piwik up.That being said, I haven't noticed too many problems with Observium, but I don't use it as often.

Alex also hasn't been on LET since March 11th, 2015. I'd avoid his service for now, seeing as it's unreliable and it's gotten to a ridiculous point. Pretty sure uptime is around 92% around now, and no service credits for the downtime because of a lack of a SLA.

I asked for a pro-rated refund minus whatever Paypal Fees he incurred because of the constant problems. He refused annoyingly enough. My main qualm is that if I'm going to be denied a refund, at the very least, the service should be usable.

@0xdragon: Once again, please either fix our services within a reasonable time frame or give us refunds.

Comments

• SadySady Member

You're right, I've an onservium with them & I believe it has been migrated 3 times in last 2-3 months & my mail inbox is full of migration & issues mails.

Thanked by 2Gunter NeoXiD
  • sonicsonic Veteran

my inbox also has much issues mails from them

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2015

I've noticed a lot of migration stuff as well. In his defense, I really think he's still dealing with the first major issue where recovering from it created new issues, etc. I've been there. More than once. Hell, right now I'm restarting dovecot every 3 minutes on MXroute because of that kind of scenario right now (edit: fixed).

With what he charged to launch his products, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it's a completely out of pocket venture right now either.

It's a cool startup for what it is, and I think he'll do well if he hangs in there and keeps working hard. Your review is fair though, and I'm sure he'd agree.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2015

I've noticed a lot of migration stuff as well. In his defense, I really think he's still dealing with the first major issue where recovering from it created new issues, etc. I've been there. More than once. Hell, right now I'm restarting dovecot every 3 minutes on MXroute because of that kind of scenario right now.

The difference is, you're making a concerted effort to address those issues. CloudCommando isn't making much progress on even acknowledging our problems.

• ATHKATHK Member

@0xdragon hasn't been active on here for ages either since starting..

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I've informed him regarding this he should attend to this thread in a few hours.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Yeah for $5 per year even to make $1k per month (not even profit) he's need ~2500 instances active, would anyone here keep a 2500 observium instances active and 2500 customers happy for that kind of money?

• IIRC, Alex has been making some changes to improve CloudCommando. I'm sure he'll get on top of it and bring the quality back up to where it used to be.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited April 2015

Recent migration may have been due to him using a free VM he was sponsored from a host on the basis he linked back, but he failed to do so and thus the VM was retracted (with notice).

Thanked by 3k0nsl Mark_R alexvolk
  • @BharatB said:
    I've informed him regarding this he should attend to this thread in a few hours.

few hours have passed.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • sinsin Member

Get a cheap $0.99/month vps from Atlantic.net and shove Piwik on it, done :)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Piwik is quite a resource hog, I would not be surprised if issues were experienced scaling his "cloud" service at the prices charged.

Nothing against @0xdragon of course. Just my 2c. For all I know he may be on top of resource usage with heavy restrictions, I am not a customer.

• What happened to @0xdragon ? He suddenly missing from LET

Thanked by 2netomx doghouch
  • @xDragonZ said:
    What happened to 0xdragon ? He suddenly missing from LET

maybe he is on a vacation together with @Goodhosting

• Gunter said: So uh, CloudCommando has gone to shit. Alex, or 0xdragon, seems to be swamped with work and incapable of maintaining the infrastructure needed to keep Piwik up..

I signed up for the $1 trial, couldn't even set timezone (had to keep a note of the conversion of timezone to my TZ), and when opening a ticket to ask - was told it would cost to set a timezone. One day, the whole thing disappeared. No email, no notification and when I login my trial is gone. I'm glad I went with the $1 trial versus the $6/year and I host Observium now with a Turnkey Linux OVZ image on my own hardware.

Never had an issue since I moved over to my own installation.

If anybody gets seriously burned, I've got a contact with the FL Attorney General.

• My observium is still online, apart from the several migrations.

Looks to be on volumedrive now.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

kcaj said: Recent migration may have been due to him using a free VM he was sponsored from a host on the basis he linked back, but he failed to do so and thus the VM was retracted (with notice).

!!! really? ...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I see this thread is loosing track, going from one company to another. Can we please keep it about cloudcommando as it initially was? If you have any issues with EvoBurst or the people running it, start a new thread please.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2015

I just noticed that Alex has finally replied to my ticket, and has promised smooth sailing from henceforth. I really hope that's the case, as he's announced DDoS mitigation and fulfilled my request for more concise GeoIP databases.

As well, he's seemingly restored my service from a MySQL corruption and fixed SSL. That being said, I haven't logged on yet and I need to check if I can actually log on, or if my password is working (not sure if I have the wrong password or if there was another screwup).

I hope everything goes well from here. He did mention real life problems as a hindrance to fixing my service, but I can realize when real life comes before a statistics service, just found it a little frustrating to have issues constantly pop up.

• While things have been relatively good again, I have woken up this morning to find I am getting a nginx 502 error on my Observium instance.

• Monsta_AU said: While things have been relatively good again, I have woken up this morning to find I am getting a nginx 502 error on my Observium instance.

Yup- so am I :(

• GunterGunter Member

I gave up. I didn't bother submitting a ticket this time. Can we declare CC to have deadpooled?

• @Gunter said:
    I gave up. I didn't bother submitting a ticket this time. Can we declare CC to have deadpooled?

huh????

• @OnraHost said:
    huh????

CloudCommando, not ColoCrossing

• @mikeyur said:
    CloudCommando, not ColoCrossing

I know exactly what he meant. I'm referring to him trying to declare it a deadpool.... Where in the world would that apply to this situation? Did he even read the thread? Alex is around and working on it.

• ``> @OnraHost said:

I know exactly what he meant. I'm referring to him trying to declare it a deadpool.... Where in the world would that apply to this situation? Did he even read the thread? Alex is around and working on it.

Did you read the thread? OP having issues with CloudCommando for almost half year and he just assumed that other customers left from this crap too. Waste of time and money.

• Ok and what about all the people who have had a working service? I understand the OP had problems, but not EVERYBODY. Alex is responding, yes late but still there none the less; it's a one man show and he was away on personal reasons from what I read.

For example I've had a hosted Observium and monitoring two of my personal services and that has been working, and still is working for over an year.

So trouble host? Sure! Deadpool? Definitely not.

• @OnraHost do you think people will signup and pay money for a weekend project and wait until Alex will have free time to fix issues?

It became dead pool automatically when his friend @GoodHosting was lost.

• To be fair, I don't think any web service with $5/y price tag would be sustainable.