Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr extends storage series to Los Angeles!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr extends storage series to Los Angeles!

J1021J1021 Member
edited April 2015 in Providers

Vultr has mixed up it's plans a little for it's storage series and made them available in Los Angeles.

I hear more locations are to come soon. Previously the storage series have only been available in their flagship location, New Jersey. Use coupon code SSDVPS for $20 off your first month of hosting at Vultr, new accounts only.

CLICK ME >>> http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6803118 <<< CLICK ME

Thanked by 1trvz

Comments

• trvztrvz Member
    edited April 2015

Mixing up means here: they had different pricing steps before, but the plans give now more storage per dollar.

• Does it have RAID though?

• @hostnoob - I thought that had never been confirmed or denied. So just assume not for safety.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited April 2015

hostnoob said: Does it have RAID though?

Vultr has plenty of RAID.

Seriously, yes. You can let the issue go now and move on.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited April 2015

I have to admit, I like their service pretty much so my opinion on this whole RAID thing might be a bit biased.
    Every single box I booted with them worked fine and was really snappy, so calling for RAID in terms of performance seems pointless to me.
    When it comes to RAID in terms of redundancy and "data safety" I am not sure what to think... I followed the numerous discussion at this place about their setup and their attitude towards stating it publicly. But IMHO one has to assume they provide some sort of redundancy or fallback in their own interest, imagine all the bad advertisement. :D

/ADD/ And honestly, I have more confidence in Vultr doing a good job than I do have in some of the hosts around here... :P

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

All I would need is a London location or something then I am sorted

• @MarkTurner said:
    hostnoob - I thought that had never been confirmed or denied. So just assume not for safety.

Yeah I was just joking since it usually gets brought up any time someone mentions Vultr. I'm actually really happy with the service.

@kcaj said:
    Seriously, yes. You can let the issue go now and move on.

Did Vultr actually take that pic? That's hilarious

• hostnoob said: I'm actually really happy with the service.

I hear exactly the same thing. I have never used the service, but I know a few who do and they have no complaints. I just wish they'd end the RAID debatical because that seems to keep biting them.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@MarkTurner said:
    I hear exactly the same thing. I have never used the service, but I know a few who do and they have no complaints. I just wish they'd end the RAID debatical because that seems to keep biting them.

And the so-called multihoming in all locations.... ;-)

• sinsin Member

@MarkTurner said:

I've been using their New Jersey and Georgia locations and the performance has been pretty amazing, their support is down to earth and helpful too.

• J1021J1021 Member

@hostnoob said:
    Did Vultr actually take that pic? That's hilarious

Yeh aha, they do have a sense of humour afterall!