Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New WebHostingTalk Site! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New WebHostingTalk Site!

Comments

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited April 2015

Garbage design, I'd be ok with as it had been -- but that new one belongs in the dustbin.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ItsChrisG said:
    Must look better through squinting eyes ;)

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited April 2015

Seems they forgot to make their assets protocol-agnostic. HTTPS is broken but HTTP works.

So much for https-everywhere.

• HTTPs is indeed broken.

• Is Good Now :)

• It's don't even know what to say about it anymore.

• Jar said: image

That was such a great film!

Thanked by 1jar
  • It's a bad mash-up of 1998 and 2012.

• Wasn't expecting a "redesign" like that. Now its just a wall of text.

Thanked by 1xDragonZ
  • @Microlinux said:
    It's a bad mash-up of 1998 and 2012.

The developers must have been like, "Guys, check this out! I just saw that you can use CSS to make rounded corners!"

"Awesome, let's put rounded corners on everything!"

Thanked by 1Microlinux
  • Navigation became less obvious, all the links/text everywhere. Pity, the previous design was more convenient.

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited April 2015

I like it, however with one Yes, there are a thousands of No's

Some people resistant to change like from when Apple went from iOS 6 to iOS 7 design.

Main point: It's something new, you'll stop bit*hing eventually as you get used to it.

• rokokrokok Member
    edited April 2015

@nexmark said:

different case, ios 6 to 7 bring lots of changes & new features, while this wht changes only the skin interface lol. yes vb upgrade but i dont think they will applied all vb bloatware features.

im not active there im not noticing any added features value currently

• ClancomsClancoms Member
    edited April 2015

It is still run by a bunch of B**CH'S who cares F*CK OFF WHT you suck

• Ha, would you look at that. I was wrong. It was possible after all to make WHT worse.

Thanked by 3Amitz Licensecart Pwner
  • @rokok said:
    im not active there im not noticing any added features value currently

Don't think about the feature wise

Think about guys like this

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

I have just looked at the new WHT for the first time on a computer. It was horrible on the iPad already, but my eyes are bleeding now (How bright is that? How ugly are those fonts?) and I am still speechless about their complete lack of skills concerning design and usability.

And no, I don't feel it's like the iOS 6->7 update. iOS 7 might also have been a shock at first, but at least it was consistent in its "ugliness".

• The only good thing about it is... they didn't go to vb5 which is 100x buggier but hey people who like it need to go out more. It's the most horrible software ever. Their FreeWHT theme is 1000% times better than this crap they have on wht.

• @Amitz said:
    Are there amateurs at work?

Yes

• edited April 2015

So is this the final outcome of how WHT will look like? In my personal opinion, I imagine they'll lose a good amount of visitors/traffic, as the new site isn't too appealing to the eyes.

• Unless im missing something, I cant spot a major difference... Am I just missing it or whats going on?

• AmitzAmitz Member

It became better over the last days. A bit at least.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

It is hard to use that's for sure but I would guess that they will continue to improve it over time.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

What I do find interesting is just how slow the forum seems to be. Only a couple posts a day in the colo section for example.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Seems pretty dead to me. I posted about my project on WHT and got almost no response. Expected a lot from WHT but seems like people are there just for advertising. Ever since they introduced all those post upgrades (fontsize/weight/color/etc) seems like a big mess.

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited April 2015

@jbiloh said:
    What I do find interesting is just how slow the forum seems to be. Only a couple posts a day in the colo section for example.

Can we expect it soon ?

• earlearl Member

vfuse said: Seems pretty dead to me. I posted about my project on WHT and got almost no response.

Maybe not the most helpful bunch.. but, don't think it's dead.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh said:

If you use 'New Posts' to track 'busyness' it's going to look off since they used to limit it to 10 - 15 per page, where as now it's 30+/page. It's likely getting the same amount of traffic, just now there's a lot more content per page.

Francisco

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@earl said:

"only" 177 of the 2600 is registered. I bet most of the traffic is coming in from search engines since they've build up a ton of content, and bounces on first hit.