Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New WebHostingTalk Site! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New WebHostingTalk Site!

Comments

• I'm wondering how this new change is going to affect sales from the advertising section ..

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@mun

I was actually suggesting WHT should take some design tips from LET cause I think it looks great.. why would I want WHT to own LET.. that would be horrible.

I guess people took it the wrong way. Lol

• This is like Raid Rush. lol. Updating without sense.

Why people still use VB? crappy bloatware.

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited April 2015

@coolice said:
    Version 4 It is not so buggy, we run a forum on it since 2010 and before that we use version 3 for almost 3 years, problematic version is 5 and designs can be easy adapted from 3 to 4...

Where have you been living under a rock? http://vbtruth.com/

Security Patch : vBulletin 4.2.2 - PL3 - Started by Paul M, Mon 15th Dec '14, 3:06pm
    Security Exploit fixed in vBulletin 4.2.2 and 4.2.3. - Started by Wayne Luke, Fri 24th Oct '14, 11:21am

That's just a few from the VBulletin forum, their 4.2.3 B4 has 67 bugs fixed so unless they are because they've been changing functionality which they shouldn't be doing in a Patch version then they are bugs in 4.2.2 now that's just one Beta version what was fixed in B1, B2, B3? And that's just that version...

People like myself moved from VBulletin in 2010 because their V4 was buggy as fuck, bad developers who know nothing, the main developers from Jelsoft left to do their own forum because they didn't agree with what Internet Brands wanted from VB4.

They fucked up VB4 so much they started on VB5... which ended up even more buggier and a copy of IPB and Xenforo.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-announcements/vbulletin-announcements_aa/

Haha good times:

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • coolicecoolice Member
    edited April 2015

@Licensecart VB4 was so-so ok to 4.2.1 but to make it to work with php 5.4 when php 5.3 eol they push the 4.2.2 from alpha to production for just one month ...

P.S I do not know what our company devs are fixed (we run on stable), but we personally experienced o only 2 of the mentioned bugs and only one is annoying to users and we do not run small forum (it is small relatively to big old forums but ~650+K posts is not small for niche local language forum from a country which has smaller population than London)

P.S.S Mistake was changing the model for the money... they develop 5 cause the do not sold nothing for several years to vb4 lifetime license holders

• @xDragonZ said:

Ohhh, I like that light blue -- too bad you cant change colors of the theme you see here on LET, would really like to have light blue instead of this green.

Thanked by 2KwiceroLTD Mark_R
  • LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited April 2015

@coolice said:
    Licensecart VB4 was so-so ok to 4.2.1 but to make it to work with php 5.4 when php 5.3 eol they push the 4.2.2 from alpha to production for just one month ...

P.S I do not know what our company devs are fixed (we run on stable), but we personally experienced o only 2 of the mentioned bugs and only one is annoying to users and we do not run small forum (it is small relatively to big old forums but ~650+K posts is not small for niche local language forum from a country which has smaller population than London)

P.S.S Mistake was changing the model for the money... they develop 5 cause the do not sold nothing for several years to vb4 lifetime license holders

You sure it wasn't to make money back for the loss of money for the two fake lawsuits they tried to do against Xenforo? I would say they got bad publicity and if you are a "legal" customer search their official customer forums for the thread where a lot of customers complained and said they was moving from VB to XF.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@xDragonZ

Thank you.. Let me know where to send the $5 :P

• @xDragonZ said:

Good, but would suggest changing the A-link color in the breadcrumbs make it a bit more readable.

• @Licensecart Some want to stay with original developers and I understand that but we are start to use vbulletin in 2008 so not very related to that conflict...We are small media company which become from webmastering world... back then all webamster forums use VB ( hosting is only a division to monetize on my 10 years of experience managing our servers...

I last payed for vb4 in 2009 $135 on their pre-relase promo for publishing suite which gives me life license to version 3/4... i could say they made ~$22 spitted for the years and it continue to become cheaper for me related to the old $35 as I remember fee...

I'll tell you my opinion why it is not a good idea to move based on some fillings... If you have small forum ok but for large major change of forum system will change the url structure that killed or make smaller not 1 or 2 forums on which i monitor or have first have experience... Even 301 redirects you will lose some links to inside pages... even effect transition from non-seo to "SEO" fancy urls can have big impact (having seo urls not always good)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

IxamHosting said: I like the old more then that, seriously.

I agree, the new one is a step in the wrong direction.

• Looks like we're live.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Well, can say I'm not a fan of the new design. Sometimes change is not always a good thing.

• earlearl Member

Hmm..

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

It looks like a design from 10 years ago.

• @earl said:

Hmm..

At least it relatively works for you. I got screwed.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

WHT: How to make worse with so called improvements. Are there amateurs at work? It looks AWFUL on my iPad. Did nobody test the new 'design' before the launch?

• @Amitz said:
    WHT: How to make worse with so called improvements. Are there amateurs at work? It looks AWFUL on my iPad. Did nobody test the new 'design' before the launch?

Clearly not.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Clearly not.

Yes, but how unprofessional is this? I am really a tiny bit shocked about that to happen.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @Amitz said:
    Yes, but how unprofessional is this? I am really a tiny bit shocked about that to happen.

Very, but since WHT went to a new ownership, I am not shocked.

• @KwiceroLTD said:
    Very, but since WHT went to a new ownership, I am not shocked.

I bet it would have happened even if they wasn't under new ownership, I said it in that thread when I heard VB4, it would kill WHT... let's see if they prove me wrong or right.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • jhjh Member

Looks fugly. One more reason not to use WHT.

• I do not like the update, looks very similar to old design.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • LeeLee Veteran

Fugly.

Thanked by 2tomsfarm Licensecart
  • All the money they rake in from everything and they can't get this figured out?

• IshaqIshaq Member

doughmanes said: All the money they rake in from everything and they can't get this figured out?

It's usually the big companies that pay big bucks for crap.

• leckleyleckley Member
    edited April 2015

@Amitz said:

The ads are working even with adblock running (Well some of them), what more testing did you expect? :P

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
  • Sorry guys but I actually like the new design. :)