Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Micro VKS Chicago Unreachable
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Micro VKS Chicago Unreachable

ShamliShamli Member
edited September 2012 in General

As titled,my free VKS has been unreachable for 7-8 hours now..
trying to restart the server from their ManagerV5,but has been hanging for two hours...

does anybody else having same issues..??

Hope this is not the end for free Micro VKS...

Comments

• We still have these?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=3392

The VKS GEO has has been abused and as a result has been used to launch attacks. This morning an attack of 80Gbps has been launched from hundreds of VKS Virtual Servers.

We are working on the netflow in order to see who is responsible for the attack to cut it but the situation became too urgent and very dangerous.

So we will cut VKS routing to isolate the abuse and clean the infrastructure. This may take several days.

• I didn't even use a secure password, probably hacked their way into a few boxes.

• 80Gbps? That's extremely impressive for a free service. I guess they have over 10Gbps per location.

• Very (not) good...I use it as front proxy for my website..now they are unreachable...

Though,I'm using ssh key to login...

• @joepie91 said: This morning an attack of 80Gbps has been launched from hundreds of VKS Virtual Servers.

sound like this was the target: http://blog.cloudflare.com/65gbps-ddos-no-problem

• I was thinking the same thing, but Cloudflare said it's a amplified DNS attack, right? So it may or may not have been from the vKSs.

• Looks like my VKS is up now...

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Oh that's why I got that Pingdom text message, at least Pingdom gave me a real alert. I don't even use my vKS.

• Well with such a massive give away it was inevitable, is this the beast that took down godaddy? :p

• All quiet in HK. Just 1 vks for 2 months 100% uptime and clean.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Dallas is down :(

• @jkr1711 said: Well with such a massive give away it was inevitable, is this the beast that took down godaddy? :p

No, but GoDaddy is hosted on a vKS I bet. :P

• @Jack said: 'Hi Sir err.. I have err Created err.. Incident Ticket for you and er... It will be responded to after our err.. investigation err... Thank you for giving us information'

If I understand correctly you didn't err.... pay them any money so you shoud err.... expect what you paid for.