Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Storage/Network Speed, Low Performance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Storage/Network Speed, Low Performance

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a KVM VPS to use as storage. I don't need much RAM, max is definitely 512MB - I usually never go beyond 350MB. But I'm looking to get as much storage capacity as possible. I've looked around and so far I haven't found anything worth buying into. 500GB is probably the minimum capacity I'm looking for. I'd love to see if there's anything worth my while.
Thanks!
Kevin

Comments

• earlearl Member

Just buy a kimsufi ks-2 comes with 1TB disk

Kimsufi.com/ca/en

• rokokrokok Member
    edited April 2015

Location and bandwidth and price dude

• @earl said:
    Just buy a kimsufi ks-2 comes with 1TB disk

Kimsufi.com/ca/en

Would be nice I guess but I don't need that type of performance - strictly storage! I wouldn't be taking advantage of a dedi

• @rokok said:
    Location and bandwidth and price dude

East coast US preferably, but anywhere in the US would do. Bandwidth maybe 2500GB/month

• earlearl Member

@berryboy said:
    Would be nice I guess but I don't need that type of performance - strictly storage! I wouldn't be taking advantage of a dedi

i suggested the dedi cause i doubt any provder wil give you 500gb over on KVM for under $15/mo.. but maybe im wrong

• Use http://kimsufi.cf to snatch one.
    takes about 2~5 days.

• rokokrokok Member

Hosthatch have kvm storage. Must be kvm?

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited April 2015
  • It doesn't have to be KVM, no. I feel like storage should be dirt cheap considering where everything is going. I figured dedi's w high ram/cores, etc would be the most expensive.

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

ok so i was wrong. I would go with concerto49 's offer.. i had a openvz VPS with them and it was excellent. well fliphost really but same co. i think

• On lowendbox, Cloudshards has a couple of new KVM storage offerings. 500 GB is $7.00 per month. 250 GB is $4.75 per month

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

berryboy said: It doesn't have to be KVM, no. I feel like storage should be dirt cheap considering where everything is going. I figured dedi's w high ram/cores, etc would be the most expensive.

$7 for a 500GB VPS is not expensive. Actually, is probably the cheapest 500GB you can get.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

We can offer you the following:

512MB RAM

1 core

500gb storage

2TB Bandwidth

1Gb/s Port

KVM

Dallas, Texas

$7 per month with 'storage30' coupon https://billing.spartanhost.net/cart.php?gid=15

• thank you all!

• Think about looking for providers serving IPV6 only storage VMs. The savings in the IPV4 costs could be used to offer more storage.

• @concerto49 raid storage?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2015

@BuyAds said:
    concerto49 raid storage?

afair RAID50

PS: hosthatch comes to mind, 500GB $10 - maybe @Abdullah will announce an offer soon as they may celebrate their 4th anniversary ;-)

• berryboyberryboy Member
    edited April 2015

@rajprakash said:
    Think about looking for providers serving IPV6 only storage VMs. The savings in the IPV4 costs could be used to offer more storage.

I haven't been able to find any hosts that offer this - do you know of any?

@Falzo said:
    PS: hosthatch comes to mind, 500GB $10 - maybe Abdullah will announce an offer soon as they may celebrate their 4th anniversary ;-)

Awesome thanks!

• FalzoFalzo Member

@berryboy said:

you're welcome!

also have a look at prometeus/xenpower offers, if EU+XEN+Annual payment is an option: 400GB as low as 5,75€ p.m. and 800GB like 10,75€ p.m.

there are some other offers around, threads demanding storage have been some here lately...

• I honestly would have purchased one of those but the bandwidth is way too low for what I need :/

• Would love to see if there are any more offers regarding this!

• Contact @drserver to see if he has anything...