Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dediserve.com - Looking for your reviews!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dediserve.com - Looking for your reviews!

AmitzAmitz Member
edited April 2015 in Reviews

Dear all,

I am looking for some reviews of actual dediserve.com customers. From what I can read in the threads about them here, people seem to be quite happy with the service.

I tried them several months ago and was not too convinced:
While Disk I/O was great most of the time and support was very nice to work with - the network was a hit and miss (at least in their FFM location) and I saw some big CPU spikes and high I/O wait values from time to time that have not been caused by anything that I ran on the server and seemed as if I had a noisy neighbour which you would not expect on their platform.

However, I think of giving them another try and would really like to hear your opinion about them (the good, the bad & the ugly) and especially about your experiences with the Frankfurt location.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards
-A

Thanked by 1dediserve

Comments

• rokokrokok Member

Its been cool cloud overall

SSD i/o is great

Network is ok, even there is small issue all well inform on dediservestatus.

24/7/365 support.

Lots of features & worth money freebie: cloudflare railgun, anycast dns,

Data Protection & Privacy: Non US, non DMCA, non Patriot Act, non PRISM. => seems OK.

Just 1 thing is: DDoS protection don't expect much.

Thanked by 2Amitz dediserve
  • Pros:

The thing make me so happy being dediserve customer is the kindness and the honest of dediserve itself. They don't hide a single thing. The price per value is awesome. They are really cloud, you can up or downgrade your instance with click.

If you need benchmark, you can found it at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/47403/finally-dediserve-launching-sg-location

Cons:

So far, for my need, I don't have issues with the network. But, if you compare it with the same class (based on price) you can get 1 Gbps port.

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited April 2015

My experience was similar to yours @Amitz. I personally did give them a second try eventually with one of the 50% off promotions and it was no better. Support is very quick to respond and nice as you say but they are generally not helpful for technical issues. Or more accurately they usually think everything is running smoothly on their end when there are obvious issues or noisy neighbors like you say.

I never used Frankfurt so can't comment specifically on that location.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Hello,

I posted a Dediserve review awhile back, I can get you the thread if you want to. To sum it up, it's the best provider I've ever used. The support is top notch, the price vs quality is simply a bargain for the price, and they definitely know what they're doing.

As for IO, it's absolutely great, network is pretty good, CPU is fast as hell!

Edit, there you go:

"My favourite provider is Dediserve. Not only for the price, but because the instances are Xen based, support Snaphot, Firewall and KVM console. They provide IPv6 in their European locations. Their support is top notch, always online in Livechat, their ticket response time are a mere minutes.

Their sales team is great as well, always willing to meet my needs and they're not afraid to spread their last LET promos to anyone only to save some bucks. I know they colocate their hardware and their country list is getting quite big. I run my production servers in Dediserve and I currently own 3 VM's there."

• Great Service so far, I have instances in UK, Vienna and now in Singapore.. Support is awesome and nothing to complain...

• AmitzAmitz Member

@DH22 describes my experience very well. Thanks for that, I already felt a bit alone. Anymore customers on here? Thank you in advance!

• wayawaya Member

My bro has been using them for a little while. Support was fast and friendly. Only minor issue was they were down for quite some hours (only certain location) for emergency maintenance, which I guess couldn't be helped.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • DH22 said: Or more accurately they usually think everything is running smoothly on their end when there are obvious issues or noisy neighbors like you say.

Sorry if I am diverting the discussion, the word noisy neighbors made me ask about this. I read somewhere that scaleway.com ( online.net cloud) are different from other platforms and does not affect by other clients on the node

"True, metal cloud servers
    Forget noisy neighbors!"

what you guys think about this?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@praveen said:

It's dedicated hardware, ARM based, so completely isolated from all others. Think it as a more powerful raspberry :)

Thanked by 1praveen
  • MrXMrX Member

So far so good. Only been a few months but I am probably going to shift more stuff over to them. No issues regarding speed or downtime. So far haven't had a reason to contact support.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • So far so good for me as well, support is fast and great.

I agree on the "noisy neighbour" part though, sometimes my site will load slower although having server load of 0.

But for the price and features, it is quite worth it.

• For any speed issue to be neighbor related you will see either IOwait or CPsteal in top. Otherwise the issue is 'external' to the platform.

We've spebt a lot on a platform that should be pretty resilient so if you do see wait or steal we'd like to know and check it out.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

dediserve said: you will see either IOwait or CPsteal in top.

And this is exacty what I have seen, several times a day, back in November/December 2014. As said - everything else was fine. But this was a bit surprising.

• We did have a specific client being ddossed in that time frame which would have impacted one hypervisors ( for a couple minutes at a time) but not daily. I'll take it up directly with you :)