Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net - Billing/Support = Confusing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net - Billing/Support = Confusing

So recently I have been trying Online.net instead of OVH but have seen their billing team are really confusing, My server is due on the 8th of this month I asked to cancel my service on the 31st when my ticket was opened, Then within the next few days they tell me I cant cancel? because their tos which states it needs to be cancel before the 20th of every month or you're required to pay another.

So while im explaining to them how I wanted to cancel weeks ago this is the exact response i got.

Hello,

The payment is due for this month.

Regards,

Hamza E.

Is it just me or does this seem kind of rude while trying to talk to a company regarding canceling and them still trying to charge me automatically this gets put into the convo ?

Comments

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited April 2015

Their ToS is pretty clear. You need to cancel before the 20th of each month.

Edit: read @kcaj comment, I remembered the wrong info.

• earlearl Member

I don't think they are intentionally trying to be rude.. Probably a language barrier. But yeah you need to cancel before the 20th or you will be billed for another month..

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • AmarielleAmarielle Member
    edited April 2015

Well. Not really. It is in the ToU. You have to cancel before 20th or pay another month.

• Talking with online.net staffs make me thinks they use Google to translate french to english, and vice versa ... definitely a giant language barrier ...

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • Maybe you should have thoroughly gone through their TOS. :)

• NomadNomad Member

@godong said:
    Talking with online.net staffs make me thinks they use Google to translate french to english, and vice versa ... definitely a giant language barrier ...

Sure, not all of them are that good in English. But that's only expectable since they are not native speakers. Though most of those I encountered with were quite fine with it.

I think we should be thankful considering the fame of French people when it comes to speaking English :D

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

comXyz said: If you cancel today, your server will be taken offline at 20th, and you still need to pay for a full month.

Is that even legal under EU/FR laws?

• J1021J1021 Member

joepie91 said: Is that even legal under EU/FR laws?

He's talking gibberish. If you cancel a server today, it will expired at the end of this month. If you cancel a server after the 20th this month, it will expire at the end of the next month. No servers will expire on the 20th at Online.net because they bill everything from the start of the month.

Thanked by 2rm_ Dylan
  • @joepie91 said:
    Is that even legal under EU/FR laws?

How do you think?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2015

MonsteR said: So while im explaining to them how I wanted to cancel weeks ago

Yeah yeah but then the dog chewed your network cable so you couldn't log in to click the cancel button... Do you think this is some elementary school where excuses like "but I wanted" will matter?

comXyz said: If you cancel today, your server will be taken offline at 20th, and you still need to pay for a full month.

I wonder WTF do you even post, if you don't know the first thing about the matter.

kcaj said: If you cancel a server today, it will expired at the end of this month. If you cancel a server after the 20th this month, it will expire at the end of the next month. No servers will expire on the 20th at Online.net because they bill everything from the start of the month.

This is correct.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • @rm_ don't need to try to be rude, I know you're rude already.

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • @Nomad said:
    I think we should be thankful considering the fame of French people when it comes to speaking English :D

Suffice to say that I did call their support staffs in English, to be short, in my opinion, ticketing in is your best bet ... It's maybe me, but I have difficulty understanding what they're trying to say :)

• NomadNomad Member

@godong said:
    Suffice to say that I did call their support staffs in English, to be short, in my opinion, ticketing in is your best bet ... It's maybe me, but I have difficulty understanding what they're trying to say :)

Nope... French people are not good at English. (I don't mean ALL of them. But ALL of those who I met or worked with... sucked at it!)

• @Nomad said:
    Nope... French people are not good at English. (I don't mean ALL of them. But ALL of those who I met or worked with... sucked at it!)

I'd avoid generalizing it though, some of them are good :)

• UrDNUrDN Member

@Nomad said:

Since the question was not technical he got it answered by someone from the commercial support so the quality of English is lower.

• Hello,

Yes, you have to request the cancellation of services before the 20th of each month to become effective at the end of the current month. Otherwise your service will be terminated at the end of the following month. This is stated in our sales terms (Section 7.02) which you have confirmed as you ordered your server.

• @bene_online said:
    Hello,

Yes, you have to request the cancellation of services before the 20th of each month to become effective at the end of the current month. Otherwise your service will be terminated at the end of the following month. This is stated in our sales terms (Section 7.02) which you have confirmed as you ordered your server.

Do you think this is ok? I ordered the service on the 8th meaning had 12 days /2 weeks to see if I liked it or not?

• edited April 2015

@MonsteR said:
    Do you think this is ok? I ordered the service on the 8th meaning had 12 days /2 weeks to see if I liked it or not?

You can 'cancel the cancellation' (they say as 'You can still cancel the service termination') before the end of the month.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@MonsteR said:

What's wrong with that? I've never had a problem with this in their terms as I knew about it when signing up..

• @comXyz said:

If you cancel today, your server will be taken offline at 20th, and you still need to pay for a full month.

@comXyz, not entirely correct.

If you cancel today (or by the 20th), it will be cancelled on the last day of the month. You will also get numerous email reminders about the cancellation (and opportunities to cancel the cancellation). Their reminder process is one of the nicest I've seen.

The bigger challenge with Online.net is figuring out HOW to cancel :)

Thanked by 2comXyz Dylan
  • @geekalot said:

I got reminder in 27th after cancel 1 server in 19th.

• @geekalot yes you're right, the server will be canceled at the end of the month. I remembered wrong info.

• @bene_online help me with Ticket #293965 please :)

• @godong: I will have a look

• @bene_online thanks :) I'm eagerly waiting for some answers :)

• @bene_online You people are corrupt as fuck with your threats and shady business

Hello,

No, you asked it the 31/03 when the limit date was the 20/03, as stated in our ToS you read and accept when you order

If you don't pay, it will be transfered to billing department and to our bailiff

Regards,

Yann G.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited April 2015

MonsteR said: You people are corrupt as fuck with your threats

It's not corrupt, it's in the ToS and legally binding. If you have a problem with the terms, why did you accept them?

Thanked by 3rm_ guitarfire Dylan
  • NomadNomad Member

Now now...
    It is stated in the ToS and mentioned here a lot of times. What Yann says is what follows if you don't pay the bill.

No need to call them shady or corrupt.
    This is written plain and in public.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited April 2015

@mustafaramadhan said:
    I got reminder in 27th after cancel 1 server in 19th.

Really? I got at least 4 email reminders.

To be clear, I don't want to make it seem like I had to cancel a lot of servers, I just cancelled one with them because I had more than I needed.

Otherwise, I am quite happy with Online.net so far.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

@MonsteR said:
    bene_online You people are corrupt as fuck with your threats and shady business

>

Oh, come on! That post lets you look stupid. You can do better! There is really nothing bad here to complain about...