Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Ikoula Xeon 3440, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, 11,99€/mo + 9,99€ set up fee **Limited Stock** - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Ikoula Xeon 3440, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, 11,99€/mo + 9,99€ set up fee **Limited Stock**

Comments

• earlearl Member

@forumsuk said:
    Is it gone now? I was gonna order one :(

Seems to be sold out even thought stock says 20.. Maybe check back once in a while, they may throw some stock back in from people who fail verification or what not..

Thanked by 1standardlook
  • earlearl Member

@Infinity580 said:
    I got a Western Digital RE3 (Enterprise Drive), which is 1,64 Years old.

Can you do a dd ? Be interested to see thanks

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited April 2015

I wonder, how much time could it take to fulfil the order (placed approx 7 hours ago).

Update: either I can't see where, or there's no information in client area (express.iloula.com) about orders in progress. I only see records of invoices paid.

A bit confusing.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@forumsuk @earl i got confirmation and it is shown on the site, there is no more server.

Thanked by 1earl

@Master_Bo could you pm customer details that i can give you news please ?

• @Ikoula said:
    Master_Bo could you pm customer details that i can give you news please ?

Done. Thanks in advance.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@earl

root@8...........:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in

16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.95171 s, 108 MB/s

Thanked by 1earl
    edited April 2015

So, the funny sequence of actions:

1. I placed order while servers were available and paid for it.

2. I haven't received request from Sales about sending them ID.

3. Now I am told the offer is out of stock. Either wait for a new promotion (no one says it will be that cost-effective), or get refund.

Please explain me @ikoula how the above can be possible under normal circumstances?

• standardlookstandardlook Member
    edited April 2015

@Master_Bo said:
    So, the funny sequence of actions:

1. I placed order while servers were available and paid for it.

2. I haven't received request from Sales about sending them ID.

3. Now I am told the offer is out of stock. Either wait for a new promotion (no one says it will be that cost-effective), or get refund.

Please explain me ikoula how the above can be possible under normal circumstances?

Wait, through what means did they tell you it's out of stock? I haven't provided my ID yet. As long as you paid, you should have your server reserved. Anything else would be absurd. Is your server status pending?

• As long as you paid, you should have your server reserved.

According to @ikoula message, I might miss the promo this way. I wasn't yet contacted by Sales about what ID to provide.

• @Master_Bo said:
    According to ikoula message, I might miss the promo this way. I wasn't yet contacted by Sales about what ID to provide.

Is your order already processed but you just need to give ID?

• ScottsmanScottsman Member
    edited April 2015

well knowing how most of the French companies work i really doubt they would honor the deal.
    on the bright side though :-D i can see my server is almost ready well ithas been showing active status for the last 2h but i still haven't received any details.

• @Master_Bo said:
    According to ikoula message, I might miss the promo this way. I wasn't yet contacted by Sales about what ID to provide.

Same here, I've been trying to talk to someone since Tuesday. I already deposited money so hopefully I can withdraw. Even if they had stock I wouldn't want anything to do with them as their response time is NOT okay.

edited April 2015

@standardlook said:
    Is your order already processed but you just need to give ID?

I received no messages (yes, spam folder checked as well) telling me that I need to send ID.

edited April 2015

@David_P said:
    Same here, I've been trying to talk to someone since Tuesday.

I sympathize with you. If the situation gets solved finally, so much the better, even if takes a few days more.

If I am finally told they can't provide me with the service I paid for - well, I stop working with Ikoula and will strongly discourage others against using their limited offers, with details of my story provided.

I used and use from time to time services of Online.net and Digicube.fr. Not a single complaint, the service was mostly excellent (perhaps since I rarely request support - I do everything myself, usually, when it's possible)

Update: a few minutes after I posted this, I have received message from verification sevice at Ikoula dn responded with my ID.

Thanked by 1Davidx

@Master_Bo @standardlook @David_P
    I dealt with you by pm trying my best to do whatever i could and i will continu to do what i can.

• nc80nc80 Member

I have send the ID to validate the order today but i dont have receive nothing yet

• My server is still listed as "pending"

• My server provisioned today at afternoon. This is the bendchmark

RAM 8 GB
    HDD 460 GB
    CPU Model Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3440 @ 2.53GHz
    CPU Cores 8
    CPU Speed 2527 MHz
    CPU Cache 8192 KB
    UnixBench
    UnixBench (w/ all processors) 3376.0
    UnixBench (w/ one processor) 932.5

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=1M count=1k conv=fdatasync
    8.55418 s, 126 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    8.27839 s, 130 MB/s

Download Speed (100MB File)
    Location Rate
    Cachefly 70.7 MB/s
    Linode, Atlanta, GA, USA 2.94 MB/s
    Linode, Dallas, TX, USA 1.90 MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 1.40 MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 6.57 MB/s
    OVH, Paris, France 19.9 MB/s
    SmartDC, Rotterdam, Netherlands 3.21 MB/s
    Hetzner, Nuernberg, Germany 2.83 MB/s
    iiNet, Perth, WA, Australia 4.40 MB/s
    MammothVPS, Sydney, Australia 718 KB/s
    Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL 75.2 MB/s
    Leaseweb, Manassas, VA, USA 5.10 MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore 5.36 MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA, USA 12.2 MB/s
    Softlayer, San Jose, CA, USA 9.27 MB/s
    Softlayer, Washington, DC, USA 23.0 MB/s

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/04/09/GAhSeMtyOcCm2rOR

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@jvnadr

What type of disk did you get? DD looks great

• @earl & jvnadr did you guys get a server delivery email with login details etc...
    because my server looks online and it says active yet i never received anything from ikoula ?

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@Scottsman said:
    earl & jvnadr did you guys get a server delivery email with login details etc...
    because my server looks online and it says active yet i never received anything from

ikoula ?

Yes I did.. "Delivery of your dedicated server" with IP and login details.

Did you PM @ikoula he actually helped me out a lot.

Ths is what I see from my panel.. When I click it takes me to the server list. but you need the email to know the login info.

• @earl yes we exchanged a few pm's back and forth and he certainly helped pushing my order forward but i feel like i'm pressurizing the guy so i'm giving it till tomorrow morning before i pm him again :) hoping that he's not going to read this.

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@Scottsman

Just delete it.. lol

I'm actually surprised you have not received it by now.

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • sc754sc754 Member

Anyone know where these servers are hosted?

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@sc754 said:
    Anyone know where these servers are hosted?

https://www.ikoula.com/ikoula-data_center-01

Ikoula DataCenter Reims
    32, rue du Pont Assy
    51100 Reims

Thanked by 1sc754

• server is online but i have no login details.
    i'm jinxed this kinda shit always happens to me lol

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@Scottsman said:
    server is online but i have no login details.
    i'm jinxed this kinda shit always happens to me lol

I know how that feels dude.. Just email [email protected] and ask what they can do.. I can't see a way to reset the password from the panel so I think its your only choice.

It's possible the email bounced I think that happened to another member here trying to buy the cloud service.

Update:

I just noticed "Delivery of your dedicated server" is emailed from [email protected].. not sure if that helps for anything. maybe you can safe list that email.

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • @Scottsman What about doing a reinstall of the server, that should allow you to either set a password or they will email you the assigned password.

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • @MarkTurner i don't even have that luxury, when i select ubuntu which is already installed and click next i get that error and no way in hell i'm paying €19 for a debian install.