Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Ikoula Xeon 3440, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, 11,99€/mo + 9,99€ set up fee **Limited Stock** - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Ikoula Xeon 3440, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, 11,99€/mo + 9,99€ set up fee **Limited Stock**

Comments

• earlearl Member

@jeromeza said:
    I was keen until I saw EU2.50 per additional IP...

I think most of us here on LET are use to only having 1 IP per server.. Just use NAT or V6. The challenge is half the fun.

Thanked by 2netomx FrankZ
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

earl said: Enable write cache

You should probably state the dangers of doing so. I don't think anyone with a database would want to do it, for example.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@Nyr said:
    You should probably state the dangers of doing so. I don't think anyone with a database would want to do it, for example.

You're right, I was just sick of writing disclaimers on everything I write, I thought maybe people would get the point.. but yeah you're right.

• ChillwaveChillwave Member
    edited April 2015

Legal Torrent allowed? :)

• earlearl Member

@Chillwave said:
    Torrent allowed?

You mean like linux ISO's :P..

I'm not sure just PM @ikoula cause I can't seem to find the answer to that either. Not that I torrent.

• Why are all those great offers in france. I would have ordered one if it was in Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany or even the Netherlands, but I have plenty of dedis in France already now.. :(

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • chrisp said: Why are all those great offers in france

Government subsidized Nuclear power.

Thanked by 2earl sc754
  • sc754sc754 Member

@chrisp said:
    Why are all those great offers in france. I would have ordered one if it was in Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany or even the Netherlands, but I have plenty of dedis in France already now.. :(

"It's simple economics, I don't understand it at all, but god I love it" - Randy Marsh

Thanked by 2Scottsman rm_
  • William said: Government subsidized Nuclear power.

And big kickbacks/incentives from EDF

• Paypal does not seem to come up for me.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@standardlook said:
    Paypal does not seem to come up for me.

It took a while for me to redirect to the paypal page. I just ordered one but only found out about the ID verification after ordering... I have a registered business with VAT ID, i'm definitely not gonna send them a scan of ID.

• @vfuse said:
    It took a while for me to redirect to the paypal page. I just ordered one but only found out about the ID verification after ordering... I have a registered business with VAT ID, i'm definitely not gonna send them a scan of ID.

Hmm, what did you do to get to the Paypal page?

Clicked on "paypal express" i think it was and waited ~2 minutes then it redirected me to paypal payment page (in french).

• @vfuse said:
    Clicked on "paypal express" i think it was and waited ~2 minutes then it redirected me to paypal payment page (in french).

Did you get a page like this: http://puu.sh/h5jMv/d65740dd8b.png ? I only get one option from the UK.

@standardlook said:
    Did you get a page like this: http://puu.sh/h5jMv/d65740dd8b.png ? I only get one option from the UK.

No I had a completely different page with I think 3 payment methods: wire/paypal and pay in cash. I'm located in the netherlands.

Thanked by 1standardlook
  • standardlookstandardlook Member
    edited April 2015

@vfuse said:
    No I had a completely different page with I think 3 payment methods: wire/paypal and pay in cash. I'm located in the netherlands.

Do you happen to have a screenshot and/or location to where you clicked that link?

I got a completely different page http://imgur.com/TRteBrv,sssY00i#0

Thanked by 1standardlook
  • earlearl Member

@standardlook

you need to click on "Account balance" -> "Your balance: x.xx"-> "make payment"

Then the option for Paypal, CC or Bank transfer will show.

I think you may have clicked on the link below it.. which is "Bank Transfer" On that link I get the same as your picture.

Thanked by 24n0nx standardlook
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

Funny! I just noticed someone on WHT reselling these servers for $24.99/mo.

Also I just noticed this from my panel, I'm confused now is it 2.5 euros/IP a limit of 5 or 1 euro/IP limit of 2?

I don't want to order as I'm not sure if it's just an error..

Thanked by 1netomx
  • sent the verification and paid by paypal for 4 hours, probably @Ikoula has already gone asleep

• mov3mov3 Member

Can I install own iso?

• earlearl Member

@jacobhere said:
    sent the verification and paid by paypal for 4 hours, probably Ikoula has already gone asleep

I think it's 5AM there.. not sure what time they open, possibly 9 or 10 AM..

mov3 said: Can I install own iso?

Unfortunately no.. Does not come with KVMoIP.

The only choice of OS is Debian 7 64 bits and Ubuntu 14.04.1 64 bits.. Any other distro like CentOS you need to pay a 20 euro installation fee.

• nadznadz Member

@joodle win OS template instalation method also works on this server?

• mov3mov3 Member
    edited April 2015

@earl said:

OMG i need to pay EUR20 to install centos
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@mov3 said:

YUP!

or you can try to install it remotely via VNC. you can also check out their last atom thread I think someone made a script for installing centos.

• mov3 said: OMG i need to pay EUR20 to install centos

Its to upgrade to Centos, not just to install it ;)

Its crazy because looking at our install stats, Centos installs dwarf Ubuntu/Debian. But that could also be the strategy, sell the server with Ubuntu/Debian and then upsell you an upgrade for Centos

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

That's not so bad then.. So you pay 20 euros and the option for centos will be in your panel for unlimited reloads.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@vfuse said:
    I have a registered business with VAT ID, i'm definitely not gonna send them a scan of ID.

Please tell us the name of your company so we can ignore it.

• edanedan Member
    edited April 2015

You can entering the rescue mode using VNC, they use SystemRescueCD, so anyone with good knowledge about this perhaps can do much with the rescue system. Invoke VNC:

vncpasswd
    vncserver

To access it using

YourIP:1
  • earlearl Member

@edan

I tried the Netboot aka rescue mode but my server never came back online nor did I receive login info in my mail.. so testing out support now.

did you receive a login info to your mail?