Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Ikoula Xeon 3440, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, 11,99€/mo + 9,99€ set up fee **Limited Stock** - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Ikoula Xeon 3440, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, 11,99€/mo + 9,99€ set up fee **Limited Stock**

Comments

• @earl
    how long did it take them to deliver your server ?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@earl that was not what i meant (you can buy a usb drive from us) but what you just said is also possible except we do not take money for just plug something on a server.

If you send something to our DC just open a ticket to be sure support team is aware something is coming and it will be plugged BUT if it is something you want to install you might need to rent a physical KVM to have acces to the server.

• earlearl Member

@Scottsman said:
    earl
    how long did it take them to deliver your server ?

I'm actually still waiting but I only ordered about 2 hours ago.. I'll let everyone know when I receive my server.

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited April 2015

@Ikoula said:

geekalot yep you can use paypal concerning hard drives what i can say is you cant change drive capacity of the offer or add a disk from the customer panel. If you saw somewhere you can buy a hard drive it is a usb drive BUT if you write to our sales department [email protected] it might happens. Technicaly i just checked it is possible.

@Ikoula: Thanks for your response. Is it an Ubuntu or Debian based Rescue image (for example, could we run Debootstrap to reinstall a totally customized Debian)?

• earlearl Member

@Ikoula said:
    earl that was not what i meant (you can buy a usb drive from us) but what you just said is also possible except we do not take money for just plug something on a server.

If you send something to our DC just open a ticket to be sure support team is aware something is coming and it will be plugged BUT if it is something you want to install you might need to rent a physical KVM to have acces to the server.

Sorry I misunderstood, So we can purchase a USB a drive from ikoula for a one time fee? without any additional monthly fee?

If you list the prices for the USB drives I can update the post, I'm sure more storage will sweeten the offer..

• i have already ordered 1 and i was hoping to run a quick test on it before ordering a few more, but it seems they may be sold out before i even get the 1st one delivered.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@geekalot said:
    Ikoula: Thanks for your response. Is it an Ubuntu or Debian based Rescue image (for example, could we run Debootstrap to reinstall a totally customized Debian)?

From reading their previous offer I noticed a few people were able to do remote installs of centos and Debian.. If you check the link, maybe a bit of reading thought :P

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/46539/france-dedi-atom510-4gb-1tb-5-33-month-limited-50first-orders/p1

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • earlearl Member

@Scottsman said:
    i have already ordered 1 and i was hoping to run a quick test on it before ordering a few more, but it seems they may be sold out before i even get the 1st one delivered.

Yeah, that's a hard call.. wish the stock on their site was update in real time..

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • kamalkamal Member

looks like no CentOS only debian and ubuntu available

• Ordered one :D setup time ?

• earlearl Member

@kamal said:
    looks like no CentOS only debian and ubuntu available

I think someone made an install script for centos, not sure if it's still availble but you can read this thread.. If not you can do a remote install of Centos with VNC.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/46539/france-dedi-atom510-4gb-1tb-5-33-month-limited-50first-orders/p1

• akzakz Member

anyone know if possible to install windows or bring your own license for windows?

edited April 2015

I dont have the exact number but it seems half of the servers have been already ordered.

I'd like to remind new customers might wait a little longer because customer accounts has to be validated first. Please send a copy of your ID to [email protected] and say you're coming from LET it might speed up things. If you do not feel at ease with giving a copy of your ID ask for alternate account validation.

I am working on the other questions asked in the discussion.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ikoula said:
    I dont have the exact number but it seems half of the servers have been already ordered.

I'd like to remind new customers might wait a little longer because customer accounts has to be validated first. Please send a copy of your ID to [email protected] and say you're coming from LET it might speed up things. If you do not feel at ease with giving a copy of your ID ask for alternate account validation.

I am working on the other questions asked in the discussion.

Great offers you got here, congratulations, let's see how it goes!

Right now my budget doesn't allow me to order one :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Tempting offer, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

Same here, gotta control myself.

• NomadNomad Member

IF only it had more storage...
    :D

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Do you have ddos filtering ? Like ovh ?

• @Nomad said:
    IF only it had more storage...
    :D

and more ips and more ram and more more more

Thanked by 2MikePT deadbeef
  • geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited April 2015

Nice offer, but I have to pass as well:

• ID "verification" (even if a registered business) ... NO
    • Single drive with no possibility of RAID1
    • IPKVM/IPMI has a fee. (Yes, I understand that you may be able to do remote install via Rescue system, but sometimes you just need that console.)
    • Not sure how/if the IPKVM is protected from random internet traffic (i.e., VPN or firewalled in some way)
    • Setup fee
    • €2.50 per IP

Thanks to @earl for posting and @Ikoula for responding to questions.

In spite of all this, I am sure they will have no problems selling out over and over.

Good luck!

Thanked by 2earl HWAYS
  • NomadNomad Member

@Jazzy8999 said:
    and more ips and more ram and more more more

Nope, I'ld settle with a worse cpu, single IP, more storage, better connection machine since I actually need an NFS server :P

@earl usb disk we provide have monthly fee it is quiet expensive so i think it is useless to tell more about it even if we understand it will be great if it had more storage.
    It is short term solution like if you need to copy data before do os reinstall.

@emtecro nope we do not provide this type of service for the moment but i wish we can offer that soon.

@geekalot thanks we tried to improve the offer and maybe next time we will meet your expectations.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • earlearl Member

geekalot said: ID "verification" (even if a registered business) ... NO

Initially what turned me off to ikoula was the fact that I had to get verified!! but after speaking to the sales rep @ikoula he was very helpful in getting me registered, and it's really not that hard to get validated if you're coming from this community compared to say Hetzner of which I just ended up cancelling my order.

But honestly, if you are not comfortable with the process then it's probably best not to proceed.. After all it's just a server.

• earlearl Member

@Nekki said:

You can doodle some other day.. Now is the time to BUY!!

JK!! I envy your will power :P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Nice...

Thanked by 1earl
  • Just sent ID verification so hopefully it wont be long now before i get the box.

• @earl said:

i would not mind a few free gifts

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

SOld out? I will outsource mine..

wait, too soon? :P

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • NomadNomad Member

@netomx said:
    SOld out? I will outsource mine..

wait, too soon? :P

Unless you didn't get a batch of them, you shouldn't. In such cases it doesn't feel right when we swear.

• Scottsman said: Just sent ID verification so hopefully it wont be long now before i get the box.

Just another ID for their collection :P