Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Ikoula Xeon 3440, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, 11,99€/mo + 9,99€ set up fee **Limited Stock** - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Ikoula Xeon 3440, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, 11,99€/mo + 9,99€ set up fee **Limited Stock**

14567810»

Comments

• sc754sc754 Member

@earl said:

>

I wonder if joodle's templates work on this, could setup a 8 threaded windows monster

• earlearl Member

@sc754 said:

someone did try unfortunately it did not work

• i have just asked the support to install Debian for me, and i will install proxmox on it and run the whole thing as a vm, cheaper cp license after all :)

Thanked by 2earl sc754
  • Server is delivered. The only sign of warning is very old HDD (37541 hours online = 4.28 years), apart from that all as expected, specs have already been mentioned in benchmarks etc earlier.

• 'Edit' control doesn't work for some reason. HDD is WD RE3 (WDC WD5002ABYS), enterprise-grade, so 4.28 years isn't in fact the sign of imminent failure.

• earlearl Member

@Master_Bo said:
    'Edit' control doesn't work for some reason. HDD is WD RE3 (WDC WD5002ABYS), enterprise-grade, so 4.28 years isn't in fact the sign of imminent failure.

you mean like netboot not working? I had that too you have to put in a ticket, its a configuration error on their part..if you want to know about the health of your disk check with smartmontools.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@Scottsman Thank you for your message.

i confirm reset button reinstalls ordered os and sets original password.

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • @earl said:
    you mean like netboot not working? I had that too you have to put in a ticket, its a configuration error on their part..if you want to know about the health of your disk check with smartmontools.

I mean that here, on LET, many nic AJAX-style controls, like Quote link or Edit pop=up in comments etc stopped working.

I have no problems with Ikoula server, I only mentioned HDD age.

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@Master_Bo said:
    I have no problems with Ikoula server, I only mentioned HDD age.

Ahh.. I misunderstood :p

• @Ikoula Thanks again for your assistance. Server's deployed, expect review from me in several months :)

Thanked by 1netomx

@Master_Bo my pleasure, will have a look at it once you've wrote it down.

• @Ikoula Some questions that could interest other readers:

Can I change OS from Ubuntu to Debian with no charge? I thought that you charge only for make available centos etc.

Is there an ipv6 subnet available to the server or it's just ipv4? If yes, is there a cost for it?

• earlearl Member

@jvnadr said:
    Ikoula Some questions that could interest other readers:

Can I change OS from Ubuntu to Debian with no charge? I thought that you charge only for make available centos etc.

Yes it's free to change from Ubuntu to Debian and Vice versa.. you need to put in a ticket and request the change. Then when you click on the reset button in your panel it should reinstall the new OS.

Is there an ipv6 subnet available to the server or it's just ipv4? If yes, is there a cost for it?

You get a /96 free of charge I got it working in Proxmox already..

Here is how..

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1011837/#Comment_1011837

Just make sure if you are C/P that you change "Iface" to "iface" it should be lowercase "i".. otherwise your server will go offline and you need to boot into rescue mode to fix it.

Thanked by 1jvnadr

@earl thanks earl

Just want to add concerning os change, we can change it if you made a mistake during the order but be sure on what you want do not ask multiple os change.

You have to know when you ask for it we have to do something manualy (which is not the case with a vm) this is why it is charged.

Thanked by 1earl
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Got anyone also a call from there Support team?

• @Infinity580 yep, got a friendly call from a fun sounding french support agent. I actually enjoyed giving feedback regarding the express server

• earlearl Member

I just got a call this morning.. friendly enough guy. Asking whether I was using it for business or personal, how the service was and if any of their other server offerings on their site interest me..

Guess it's like a 5 min survey..

• so.. do we have 1gbit/s unmetered servers then?

my server is gigabit and I do not want to be charged any additional $$$. The site says 100mbit unmetered.

• earlearl Member

@JoeMerit said:
    so.. do we have 1gbit/s unmetered servers then?

my server is gigabit and I do not want to be charged any additional $$$. The site says 100mbit unmetered.

My assumption is that you get 32TB down and 32 TB up per month since its full duplex.. if you go over that before the month is up techincally they should give you the option to pay for more BW or shut off your server.. but I dont think they just start charging overages..

Probably best to ticket sales to confirm.

• @ikoula could you please answer my question about bandwidth. Is it gigabit unmetered ?

• earl said: I just got a call this morning.. friendly enough guy. Asking whether I was using it for business or personal, how the service was and if any of their other server offerings on their site interest me..

Me, too! It was a very friendly fuy with extremely french accent, very polite. he asked me if I am happy with the server's performance, wether I use it for personal or hobby purposes or for business, where did I hear about iKoula's offer (answered in LET) and if I knew them before I found out about this offer. He asked me if I can give them a review when I start to use in production state my server and that the support team is always willing to help me for any of my needs.
    A human approach that make me like more this provider, not just because of the ridiculously price! Kudos, iKoula!

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@jvnadr

Yeah.. It's nice to know they appreciate your business.. Don't get too many business that care about their service especially at the price point we pay.

• Just did some speedtests. Wow... Just wow... It's incredible. The upload speed to Athens (I live in Greece) is... what can I say? All full gigabit line can be used!

And some tests to Paris, a nearby location to ikoula DC. What can I say?

@JoeMerit and everyone

Bandwidth is unmetered but speed is 100mb/s guaranteed as it is shown when you order a dedicated server.