Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need suggestion for radio streaming
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need suggestion for radio streaming

I have small radio station with loyal user base :). I need suggestion for streaming server, We have on peak times 700 users online but during the day around 50 people. I wanted IceCast server with 320kbit.

Can you suggest me stable VPS server with good bandwidth. Server has to be in Europe because we are in South East Europe.

Thanks people.

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Hello,

For 700 concurrent users at 320kbit during the peak time, perhaps you should consider a cheap dedicated server, in kimsufi/OVH? Kimsufi would be the best option for you.

What's your budget so we can help you further? Edit: Also, how much bandwidth have you been using in a month?

• We are student organization with small budget. I suppose couple TB per month will be OK.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mcipovic said:
    We are student organization with small budget. I suppose couple TB per month will be OK.

Check BuyVM, @Francisco is the owner and he's pretty active here.

http://buyvm.net/

You won't need much RAM/CPU therefore their packages are pretty affordable. Also, they have a LU location which is pretty good.

Thanked by 1mcipovic
  • NomadNomad Member
    edited April 2015

Airtime is what you need along with a decent machine of course.

• @MrGeneral said:
    You won't need much RAM/CPU therefore their packages are pretty affordable. Also, they have a LU location which is pretty good.

Thank you.

@Nomad said:
    Airtime is what you need along with a decent machine of course.

What do you mean under decent machine?

• NomadNomad Member
    edited April 2015

Something I can't offer (:
    Good connection, enough cpu and RAM.
    Check this Icecast Load Test for example.

• I saw it, but 12k users is way too much for us. For one or two times per week we have that users other days its just 20-50 per hour. Nothing much.

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited April 2015

Online.Net or SoYouStart, pick one of the cheaper boxes (15-30 euros a month)

If it's out of your budget, get a local company to sponsor your LEB ;)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

You could try VPS-Forge.