Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AnyCast DNS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AnyCast DNS

Hello :)

I am looking to setup Anycast DNS for my website or Anycast IP GRE tunnel, either way need to set it up for a few VMs any tuts would help.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

If you're looking to do this on our setup then you can just ask support and we'll lend you a hand :)

If you got the budget a failover setup is really slick with keepalived. If you're a little more budget conscious then just a 3 VM setup would be fine.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    If you're looking to do this on our setup then you can just ask support and we'll lend you a hand :)

If you got the budget a failover setup is really slick with keepalived. If you're a little more budget conscious then just a 3 VM setup would be fine.

Francisco

Would it be possible to add non-BuyVMs into your anycast IP?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Would it be possible to add non-BuyVMs into your anycast IP?

With a GRE, sure, but you'd still have the BuyVM's in play.

We only have 3 POP's with anycast. We're looking AUS/Asia way but want to get some other projects done before we do that.

Francisco

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

+1 for @Francisco they can definitely help you with this request, and as Fran said, they're looking to expand, so that'd be a good option for you mate.

• Would prefer a own hosted solution

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If you are looking for a proper Anycast solution then you shouldn't really be looking at GRE tunnelling.

Get yourself own IP range, ask your providers to announce it, or setup own AS and get the transit and you are setup.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

TinyTunnel_Tom said: I am looking to setup Anycast DNS for my website or Anycast IP GRE tunnel, either way need to set it up for a few VMs any tuts would help.

Re GRE: http://wiki.frantech.ca/doku.php/gre_tunnel

For DNS are you looking for a tuturial for a particular self hosted solution ? (bind, powerDNS, gdnsd, etc)

I am using the BuyVM anycast with gdnsd so I can geo locate my web servers over a wider area then LV,NJ, and lux . It has been working great for me.