Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plesk 12.0 to cPanel Migration (Reseller access)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plesk 12.0 to cPanel Migration (Reseller access)

danitfkdanitfk Member

Hello dear fellows

I have dumb a** problem with Plesk , One of our hosting resellers hosts on Plesk and I want migrate all users to my cPanel server.
I'll migrate data (files and database) manually , But What about Emails?

How it's possible to migrate mail account and inbox from Plesk to cpanel without root access?

Thanks !

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

cPanel provides Plesk migrations. If you can't use the automated system, they'll do it for you for free.

Or, you can hire an experienced system administrator to do it for you. I've done it many times, although some of these times was a total PITA so the costs were quite high.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @MrGeneral said:
    Hello,

cPanel provides Plesk migrations. If you can't use the automated system, they'll do it for you for free.

Or, you can hire an experienced system administrator to do it for you. I've done it many times, although some of these times was a total PITA so the costs were quite high.

Thanks for your reply , But cPanel will not doing for us , because We're located in Iran and Illegal to use cPanel any way. (We're paying license prince for each server but illegal to use their software or supoort LOL)

BTW I'll do this by myself , I'll replace Mail database & files in cPanel. If didn't work I'll test email synchronized tool.
    Transfer tool automation just works with Root access , because of this I did mention no root access.
    Thanks Mr.General <3

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited April 2015

If you have root access to that server then the Transfer Tool in WHM would do the job, I think it imports everything including emails.

• Jazzy8999Jazzy8999 Member
    edited April 2015

But why mark as illegal

• TH_GeorgeTH_George Member
    edited April 2015

I don't exactly understand what you're saying but I think (and makes sense) since you are legally paying their product subscription you are eligible for support.

Unless there is some countries restriction that I dont know of, otherwise you should be able to get support from CPanel staff like anyone else.

• @danitfk said:

manually , But What about Emails?

How it's possible to migrate mail account and inbox from Plesk to cpanel without root access?

Imapsync will do the job.

• the us embargo makes cpanel illegal to use in iran

• VMNode said: the us embargo makes cpanel illegal to use in iran

i have it on my iranian servers. works fine

• @TarZZ92 said:
    i have it on my iranian servers. works fine

I believe he was replying to the...

@Jazzy8999 said:
    But why mark as illegal

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@danitfk said:
    Thanks for your reply , But cPanel will not doing for us , because We're located in Iran and Illegal to use cPanel any way. (We're paying license prince for each server but illegal to use their software or supoort LOL)

BTW I'll do this by myself , I'll replace Mail database & files in cPanel. If didn't work I'll test email synchronized tool.
    Transfer tool automation just works with Root access , because of this I did mention no root access.
    Thanks Mr.General <3

Let me know if you need help :). Other folks gave you good suggestions, so you might try a few of them.