Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who was your 1st provider? [non free] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who was your 1st provider? [non free]

Comments

• First VPS was with a UK company VAServ

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Whoops, forgot to include experiences.

FreeWebTown was always amazing for what it offered - 2GB of space, and very reliable and quite fast too. Sadly, no PHP support or anyhting like that. Free though, so can't complain.

webruimtehosting (for shared hosting) was always very good and still is - I had one billing issue with them, but apart from that they have the fastest shared hosting servers I've ever worked with (including the FTP, etc., everything just flies). Also very reliable, I think pretty much 100% uptime.

RAM Host was, as mentioned, my first VPS host. Was amazing, still amazing, currently have 5 VPSes with them. Very good network, extremely stable servers (counting 379 days uptime on one of my Atlanta VPSes, and 204 days uptime on both my Kansas VPSes), and quite predictable/stable performance. Also, very good support.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

http://vps4less.de

That was probably ~4 years ago

• First vps was around 2003/4 from servelocity.net, don't remember too much about it but shortly after got an additional one from a2b2 VaServ (Russel Foster)

• My first vps was from fsck (foster company) that was terrible, always down. I then moved to BurstNET which was better

• x10hosting free, it was okay-ish.

• Mine was BurstNet.

• First VPS? HostLatch=)

• My first host ever was a Leaseweb cloud, best experience :)

I still have it and it's still amazing.

• @onepound said: but shortly after got an additional one from a2b2 VaServ (Russel Foster)

He's now the MD at VPS.net, those VAServ boxes were really nippy I loved mine.

• VPS: BuyVM baby!
    General hosting: Freehostia (I haven't payed for shared hosting in my life)

• NexusNexus Member
    edited September 2012

I think it was x10hosting, LOL Way back in the day...

• My first VPS was BuyVM.

• Sirius.net 1994 I think.. html 1.0 before IE even I think.

• @serverbear said: He's now the MD at VPS.net, those VAServ boxes were really nippy I loved mine.

He's had his hands in many pies over the years. His last mini venture was TechieVPS I think. Nothing like I remember my old Vaserv box, speed and customer service.

• Powweb.com - 7 years ago :D

• LEB provider was 5ite, or atleast the earliest I can remember. It may have been HostMist, I don't remember.

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited September 2012

first VPS: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?2229459-FreeSpace-Project-FREE-VPS-amp-HOSTING

didn't last much longer than a month.

First paid VPS was a hostrail $1.05/month vps. (paid with affiliate commission)

• My first VPS was ChicagoVPS I believe. (Their 2gb special) Didn't need it for long though.

First "paid" webhost was x10premium.. Their okay, but I like hostigation better now :D.

• first vps: tektonic
    first leb: SD

both are great.

• A hosting package that came with out Internet connection like 14 years ago was actually the first think I hosted a website on. Then came tripod.lycos.co.uk (ftw). I can't remember when I started paying for it, but I know I started really spending money on it before I started my company in 2008. I believe HawkHost was my first VPS, but I've had many (even a Linode in that same year).

• First webhost: BlueHost -- EIG'ed now
    First VPS: burst.net -- hmm......

• My first VPS was with Strato in Germany back in 2010.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited September 2012

First Shared - N/A
    First VPS - NeoSurge
    First Dedi - Incero

• This is exactly we have soo many burstnet complaints. Most of the newcomer with No (Not everyone but almost 80% first time vps user) experience starts off using BurstNet.
    While they are frikkin awesome, they are not for average users.

• First VPS was with VPSLatch, the cheapest at the time for managed cPanel VPSes.

Was only ~$25/mo for 1GB Managed VPS + cPanel. It was a great company. :)

• My first VPS: Knownhost
    My First Dedi: GameServers.com back in like 2003.
    My First cPanel: Hostmonster

• @jshinkle said: Knownhost

+1

my first vps was KnownHost too :)

• First shared host: SiteFrost (Free cPanel Hosting)
    First VPS: HostRail

• RapidVPS.com - they were fantastic, but their bandwidth to the UK wasn't great.